Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 am

I think I still want to drive an RS. It does have the special characteristics that set it apart from the other “focus” models. It’s just so dated inside, especially after the 7.5 R which is audiesque. Dat superior interior
I dunno that I'd let "higher quality plastics" sway me too hard.
It’s all the various tech features too. Nice quality backup camera, digital dash with tons of animations, really nice center screen, high quality seats, great steering wheel, nice pedals. It’s quite nice .... it’s THE selling point in the golf.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 am

I dunno that I'd let "higher quality plastics" sway me too hard.
Superior interior always gets them.

Drive the RS while both R's are fresh in your mind.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking also... damn it the RS at carmax next to me sold.... :(
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:11 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:04 am

Superior interior always gets them.

Drive the RS while both R's are fresh in your mind.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking also... damn it the RS at carmax next to me sold.... :(
Main thing that would sway me from the RS is the :knot: shattering ride. The STi is bad in certain conditions, the RS is noticeably worse.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am
Main thing that would sway me from the RS is the :knot: shattering ride. The STi is bad in certain conditions, the RS is noticeably worse.
Oh really? Wow.
max225

We shall see, so far my m3 rides far worse than any other car I have test driven ... curious to see about the rs
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:19 am

Oh really? Wow.
There is no situation in which I could imagine putting the dampers in Sport being useful, even on track. In Normal mode the damping curve is still way too steep on anything but perfect pavement. I drove one a couple weeks ago and even on the mostly excellent roads around Gator Motorsport I couldn't stand it. It's stupid fun, though - the steering, brakes, shifter, clutch feel, they're all fantastic, but the seating position sucks and the ride is just downright unacceptable.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:01 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:19 am

Oh really? Wow.
There is no situation in which I could imagine putting the dampers in Sport being useful, even on track. In Normal mode the damping curve is still way too steep on anything but perfect pavement. I drove one a couple weeks ago and even on the mostly excellent roads around Gator Motorsport I couldn't stand it. It's stupid fun, though - the steering, brakes, shifter, clutch feel, they're all fantastic, but the seating position sucks and the ride is just downright unacceptable.
And it's a German Fraud

That's :disappoint: All the reviews seem to say the same things about it too. Especially about ride quality.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I excepted the ride to be :poop:, I didn't think I'd hate the seating position so much. You sit really high in the thing, even higher than in the STi, but the cushion is sloped like in the VWs. It makes the angles down to the pedals really weird, and feels like you're sitting on top of the car rather than in it. Would be :fullretard: to rip out those recaros, but that's exactly what I'd want to do if I had one.
max225

Fking price creep... so the golf r is essentially 40,500 a Tesla model 3 is 47k ... and it doesn’t require gas and so far has had near 0 depreciation ....

For shits and giggles I’ll send a note to the honderp dillerman to see if the 36.6 is :fakenews:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am Fking price creep... so the golf r is essentially 40,500 a Tesla model 3 is 47k ... and it doesn’t require gas and so far has had near 0 depreciation ....

For shits and giggles I’ll send a note to the honderp dillerman to see if the 36.6 is :fakenews:
:popcorn:

You'll probably get. "That is the price of the car on our website. When can you come in for a test drive?"
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Actually you may be right about the car going for MSRP. I haven't checked in a while but the naughty list thread on civicx has the Hype R going for MSRP at Yuba City.

There's a lot of sleazy dillers in that thread. Damn

https://www.civicx.com/threads/honda-ci ... list.9419/
Johnny_P

Yeah you gotta just suck it up and pay MSRP on these. If you get it without ADM you're doing better than 75% of the derps that buy one.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am Fking price creep... so the golf r is essentially 40,500 a Tesla model 3 is 47k ... and it doesn’t require gas and so far has had near 0 depreciation ....

You'll probably get. "That is the price of the car on our website. When can you come in for a test drive?"
Hello, REQUESTOR EMAIL HERE

Thank you for your interest in HONDA VEHICLE HERE. At HerpaDerp Honda, we're committed to the best buying experience you've ever had. We're family owned and operated so you know that at HerpaDerp, you're treated like family. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to earn your business. We haven't been in business for XX years for nothing!

Please call us at your earliest convenience so we can get you into your ideal new HONDA VEHICLE HERE today!

Herp Derpington
Senior associate sales manager
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 pm Actually you may be right about the car going for MSRP. I haven't checked in a while but the naughty list thread on civicx has the Hype R going for MSRP at Yuba City.

That thread reinforces why I hate dealerships.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 pm Actually you may be right about the car going for MSRP. I haven't checked in a while but the naughty list thread on civicx has the Hype R going for MSRP at Yuba City.

Yup. It's truly disgusting. Someone posted last month they were quoted $42,134 at Piazza and $39,995 at Conicelli.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am

Thank you for your interest in HONDA VEHICLE HERE. At HerpaDerp Honda, we're committed to the best buying experience you've ever had. We're family owned and operated so you know that at HerpaDerp, you're treated like family. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to earn your business. We haven't been in business for XX years for nothing!

Please call us at your earliest convenience so we can get you into your ideal new HONDA VEHICLE HERE today!

Herp Derpington
You forgot to mention how this is an incredibly rare limited production vehicle.

Also here's a screenshot from that thread. Anyone wanna deal with Skye?

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Herp Derpington
You forgot to mention how this is an incredibly rare limited production vehicle.

Also here's a screenshot from that thread. Anyone wanna deal with Skye?

I've found that most dealers pay zero attention to your initial e-mail or quote request. They just treat the internet as a way of getting talking wallets through the doors.

:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Well I am essentially not asking for financing, no trade in and no discount. I am willing to take it up the "ass" @ MSRP. They have the exact car I want, I believe it to be the only one in cali. Now ... they are also in a shit town that is mostly farmworkers and the likes. This transaction should literally take all of 5 min. I don't even care for test driving it. But I probably should.

That said, I am not 100% sold on the car just yet. I am in fact not super happy with the way it looks. The back end is just :fullretard: 40k OTD civic is just ... a tough sell... but a golf is 45k new or 42k used for the same vehicle... so it is 5k more... which isn't insignifican't

The decision is as follows at the moment... My most preferred cars are 7.5R or new Type R
1. Suck it up and get a 7 instead of a 7.5 ~31-32k OTD
2. Type R ~40k OTD
3. 7.5 new at 40.5+Tax ~45k
4. Model 3 Long range is around 49.5-2k or -4k until 6/30. It is a far different experience from before/near 0 depreciation etc. But its just so common...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm

It's literally any low production vehicle. The STI had the same treatment here, i COULDN'T TEST DRIVE ONE, at two :dillerman:
max225

Damn my work buddy just picked up a Rabbit Edition GTI, in cornhole blue... that is an epic spec ... $30,800 MSRP he doesn't negotiate much but got a "few k" off...

That's a YUGE savings over the R...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Man these Zhukov car buying decisions are never easy. :popcorn:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:31 pm Well I am essentially not asking for financing, no trade in and no discount. I am willing to take it up the "ass" @ MSRP. They have the exact car I want, I believe it to be the only one in cali. Now ... they are also in a shit town that is mostly farmworkers and the likes. This transaction should literally take all of 5 min. I don't even care for test driving it. But I probably should.

That said, I am not 100% sold on the car just yet. I am in fact not super happy with the way it looks. The back end is just :fullretard: 40k OTD civic is just ... a tough sell... but a golf is 45k new or 42k used for the same vehicle... so it is 5k more... which isn't insignifican't

The decision is as follows at the moment... My most preferred cars are 7.5R or new Type R
2. Type R ~40k OTD
4. Model 3 Long range is around 49.5-2k or -4k until 6/30. It is a far different experience from before/near 0 depreciation etc. But its just so common...
You must've driven a real beat on 7 cause the differences aren't that big between them. White stitching on the seats, digi-dash, higher res HU which you can install on the 7 if you wanted to, and LED headlights instead of xenon. Better looks on the 7 too. It's not exactly sucking it up if you can get a dill on a loaded one.

:koolaid:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:31 pm Well I am essentially not asking for financing, no trade in and no discount. I am willing to take it up the "ass" @ MSRP. They have the exact car I want, I believe it to be the only one in cali. Now ... they are also in a shit town that is mostly farmworkers and the likes. This transaction should literally take all of 5 min. I don't even care for test driving it. But I probably should.

2. Type R ~40k OTD
You must've driven a real beat on 7 cause the differences aren't that big between them. White stitching on the seats, digi-dash, higher res HU which you can install on the 7 if you wanted to, and LED headlights instead of xenon. Better looks on the 7 too. It's not exactly sucking it up if you can get a dill on a loaded one.

Yea my 7 was beat but I am looking past that...
Digi Dash
Better wheels (other than :unicorn: 17 models)
Better seats, they are perforated too on the 7.5
Better head/tail lights
Better bumper in the front
HU (retrofit mentioned)
7 speed with lower maintenance vs 6 speed
better warranty

But I mean that's a lot of touch points that are superior in the 7.5

Agreed on the :dill: doe... 10k cost difference is tough to swallow
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Digi Dash
Better head/tail lights
HU (retrofit mentioned)
better warranty

Like others have said, there's no wrong answer here.

At least until you get a price on the Honderp.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Digi Dash
Better head/tail lights
HU (retrofit mentioned)
better warranty

Like others have said, there's no wrong answer here.

At least until you get a price on the Honderp.
I dunno if I am willing to start wasting their time on it yet.... I did really like the sport... and the Hype R is just better in every way other than looks... But 15k upcharge... :disgust: