Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm
Rabbit edition GTI would be :neat:
:plaid: , the exact same looks of an R +Better wheels same 7 speed DSGay, only 3100lbs... it seems like a :notbad: choice and it comes in an epic blue color... only issue is.. .my co worker literally just got one...and we park along side one another :sissyfight:
So you have someone to :dock: with. Perfect.

Seriously, that's the best choice discussed so far IMO. "Special Edition" GTIs seem to hold their value a tad better too. I remember trying to find a Fahrenheit whorange MKV in 09 and I couldn't believe how much more they commanded over base cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:01 pm Yea I dunno, I drove that with the mk7 back to back and I preferred the MK7... Ironically... the woman prefers the Civic I prefer the Rabbit edition in cornhole color... a full 13k cheaper than a comparable golf R... That's a big gap.

Can't really go wrong with any of these choices... unless apparently it is a civic type ARRRRRRRRRRRR
Rabbit edition GTI would be :neat:
If I get a GTI as my next car, it would definitely be the rabbit edition. It has cool colors, it is pretty much a base model with performance pack, 7 speed DSG, no sunroof and :poverty: head unit. But I honestly :aintcare: for those little details, or am i?

here's a local rabbit ed, only posted for dat head unit :whocares:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Don't forget the lights... it comes with the nicer front/rear lights, and nice wheels you'd never have to change.
max225

The headunit isn't bad... but the backup camera resolution is like from 1985
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:59 pm

:dat: especially comparing to the previous wrx's.

I also don't like how the ECU has made it somehow work "compromised?" in all sorts of conditions all over the country. Like if you press 20% of throttle input, it goes 50% or 70% throttle input it goes 100%. This is why I'm partially avoiding wrx, because I know for sure I will have a cobb tune where you make the throttle response like 10% throttle input = 10%, 20=20, 30=30 etc. I have been eyeing them for a while at one point, and there are somethings that needs to be modded to make it feel like it should've come from factory. .....Do I sound like the forum breh's? :iono: :notsure:
The WRX throttle is nearly undriveable as is. The STI is more natural but still jumpy.
I'm pretty sure I have said this on here months ago or probably a year :notsure: but I personally don't want a car where I will have to essentially :troywax: to make it just right, this includes the WRX and Wrangler. With the :gorf: :turboyaris: and perhaps the current civic si, I don't have that worry, at worst probably getting a DSG tune (which I have done on my mk7, and made the car smoother), but I'm more likely to get a :manuel: next time.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm

The WRX throttle is nearly undriveable as is. The STI is more natural but still jumpy.
I'm pretty sure I have said this on here months ago or probably a year :notsure: but I personally don't want a car where I will have to essentially :troywax: to make it just right, this includes the WRX and Wrangler. With the :gorf: :turboyaris: and perhaps the current civic si, I don't have that worry, at worst probably getting a DSG tune (which I have done on my mk7, and made the car smoother), but I'm more likely to get a :manuel: next time.
I don't plan on modding... unless I get a rabbit edition with the shit stereo, I'd have to get a sub.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:15 pm Don't forget the lights... it comes with the nicer front/rear lights, and nice wheels you'd never have to change.
:dat: the black pretorias really suit the car. One of rudy's friends drives a carbon steel grey GTI like mine, and he has the :gorf: pretorias and they really look like it belongs on the car. :wub:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 pm The headunit isn't bad... but the backup camera resolution is like from 1985
yeah my 2015 is shit, but still gets the job done. Even the loaner Jetta's have a much better resolution :sad:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:25 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 pm The headunit isn't bad... but the backup camera resolution is like from 1985
yeah my 2015 is shit, but still gets the job done. Even the loaner Jetta's have a much better resolution :sad:
I wonder what the heck the roi is on this when you save 50 cents per camera but make it really apparent that you cut major cost corners.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:21 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:20 pm

I don't plan on modding... unless I get a rabbit edition with the shit stereo, I'd have to get a sub.
My 2015 SE has the fender stereo with sub, while :narc: 7.5 SE does not. I've ridden shotgun and it sounded pretty good, I didn't felt a noticeable difference with a reasonable volume, but it feels weird not finding the subwoofer adjustment on the sound menu :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 pm

I wonder what the heck the roi is on this when you save 50 cents per camera but make it really apparent that you cut major cost corners.
dat :iono: but i'm :aintcare: although they should've done a much better job. Another thing, when I reverse over 7 mph, the screen shuts off, which happens to all pre facelift mk7's apperently as far as I've heard. so dumb imo.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:30 pm

dat :iono: but i'm :aintcare: although they should've done a much better job. Another thing, when I reverse over 7 mph, the screen shuts off, which happens to all pre facelift mk7's apperently as far as I've heard. so dumb imo.
Who goes reverse at that speed? :lolgasm:

Question for the larger group is there anything else I am missing in the 30 +-10k price point?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

TRD Camry. Fall of 2019 and priced around $40k. It’s built just for you.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

MK8 comes out what next year? They dgaf.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm TRD Camry. Fall of 2019 and priced around $40k. It’s built just for you.
I already have a camry...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

They did give some shits to update it in the mk7.5... :wtf:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm TRD Camry. Fall of 2019 and priced around $40k. It’s built just for you.
:( okay.

Did you buddy say what the free gift with the Rabbit edition GTI was?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Beats me. Nothing else will be done to the 7, the 8 is too close at this point.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:39 pm

"decal and badge" :wtf: ?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Mk5 is mk6 which is mk7 which will be mk8... i feel like they haven't really changed these cars for a while now... :lol: :triggered: The R i drove was creaking over uneven bumps exactly like my TDI was which pissed a bunch of people off... but.. :aintcare: here. Dat eggflex
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:39 pm

That’s dumb. They put the badge on the 2003 rabbit edition GTI but didn’t try to make it seem like it was something extra you were getting. I was hoping for something cool like the Fast dolls that came with the Fahrenheit MKVs or something
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:43 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm

That’s dumb. They put the badge on the 2003 rabbit edition GTI but didn’t try to make it seem like it was something extra you were getting. I was hoping for something cool like the Fast dolls that came with the Fahrenheit MKVs or something
It's getting "delivered" right now... so I found out the :dill: 30,800-2k off sticker +$1400 for maintenance from 0-50k :lol: dude doesn't negotiate... he is coming from a 2016 S3 lease... where he was paying as much for it as I was for my M3 :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

mk8 hasn't even been released in Europe on showrooms yet. They usually come out 2 years before we have them. I remember seeing mk7's in Turkey shortly after I got my mk6.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 pm

mk8 hasn't even been released in Europe on showrooms yet. They usually come out 2 years before we have them. I remember seeing mk7's in Turkey shortly after I got my mk6.

All rook same. And that's 2020 for Europe... 2022 for us.... I'd assume another 2-3 years of waiting.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Mk5 is mk6 which is mk7 which will be mk8... i feel like they haven't really changed these cars for a while now... :lol: :triggered: The R i drove was creaking over uneven bumps exactly like my TDI was which pissed a bunch of people off... but.. :aintcare: here. Dat eggflex
I can confirm creaks on bumps, primarily due to my sunroof. With my mk7 however, it never rattled, didn't drip on the rubber seal on the front door when it was raining, even after almost 80k miles on it. I only had my mk6 for 38k miles, and it did rattle. Also MQB chassis is stronger too.