Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Well, keep in mind this is the Russian that caught a CLA's brakes on fire after a canyon run.
Nah I don’t drive cars I should just stick to autonomous pods and drive a 5k civic till the wheels fall off
Don't listen to the bean counter. Listen to the :dong:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:43 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:40 pm

To Chris's defense though, for a long time I did not understand these type of cars and thought they were a waste of money.
No, I get these types of cars too. The way you describe your STI is how I described my 951...and even my :poorvette: to a large extent, even though it's a lame plastic tub.

I just hate the Type R. It's too much IMO. I don't care about stigmas (gay ass Volt driver), but I'd find the Type R embarrassing to drive around, personally.

STI is awesome. I love the 500 Abarth for the same reason. Golf R is epic in a sleeper kind of way.
Part of me wants a 500 Abarth, bad. Part of me doesn't want a car with a dining chair as the driver's seat.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:40 pm

To Chris's defense though, for a long time I did not understand these type of cars and thought they were a waste of money.
No, I get these types of cars too. The way you describe your STI is how I described my 951...and even my :poorvette: to a large extent, even though it's a lame plastic tub.

I just hate the Type R. It's too much IMO. I don't care about stigmas (gay ass Volt driver), but I'd find the Type R embarrassing to drive around, personally.

STI is awesome. I love the 500 Abarth for the same reason. Golf R is epic in a sleeper kind of way.
It is the reason for my hesitation .... it is a bit much. I could do without the wing ... but it is what it is
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Well, keep in mind this is the Russian that caught a CLA's brakes on fire after a canyon run.
Stock pads :doe:

Dem moran engineers.
I need new pads that can take some more heat. Cooked em on the last drive. Or maybe just boiled the fluid.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Part of me wants a 500 Abarth, bad. Part of me doesn't want a car with a dining chair as the driver's seat.
500 Abarth might be the best sounding car on sale now, full stop. They're incredible, and the drive is just ridiculously fun. I think they're even well below $10k used these days.

The seating position ruins it tho, agreed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:50 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm

500 Abarth might be the best sounding car on sale now, full stop. They're incredible, and the drive is just ridiculously fun. I think they're even well below $10k used these days.

You know, renegades sound exactly the same if you remove the mufflers and straight pipe them. I think that engine was only offered with MT and FWD though.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 pm

It is the reason for my hesitation .... it is a bit much. I could do without the wing ... but it is what it is
The entire thing is a bit much. all the massive fake vents, the stupid tri-exhaust tips, the oversized wheels, the bright ass red interior. It's a fucking hot wheels caricature. It's probably a great car to drive, but the looks are just horrific IMO. It sure stands out as unique, but not in a good way.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:50 pm

You know, renegades sound exactly the same if you remove the mufflers and straight pipe them. I think that engine was only offered with MT and FWD though.
:notbad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:52 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 pm

The entire thing is a big much. all the massive fake vents, the stupid tri-exhaust tips, the oversized wheels, the bright ass red interior. It's a fucking hot wheels caricature. It's probably a great car to drive, but the looks are just horrific IMO. It sure stands out as unique, but not in a good way.
I saw a CTR in person the other day and it got the :dong: tingling. All it was doing was sitting in someone's driveway and I oogled it as I drove past.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 pm
The entire thing is a big much. all the massive fake vents, the stupid tri-exhaust tips, the oversized wheels, the bright ass red interior. It's a fucking hot wheels caricature. It's probably a great car to drive, but the looks are just horrific IMO. It sure stands out as unique, but not in a good way.
I saw a CTR in person the other day and it got the :dong: :flaccid: . All it was doing was sitting in someone's driveway and I :disgust: it as I drove past.
:dat:
max225

I saw a CTR in person the other day and it got the :dong: tingling. All it was doing was sitting in someone's driveway and I oogled it as I drove past.
Car is a statement ... stirs up love and hate as indicated by this very thread :lol:
Last edited by max225 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm

I saw a CTR in person the other day and it got the :dong: :flaccid: . All it was doing was sitting in someone's driveway and I :disgust: it as I drove past.
:dat:
:lolol:
Johnny_P

I was going through my phone looking at pictures. Apparently I took a picture of someone's gray Type R while I was out walking the dog one day, lol.
Apex

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Car is a statement ... stirs up love and hate as indicated by this very thread :laugh:
Perfect for our resident Ruskie! :lol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm Stock pads :doe:

Dem moran engineers.
I need new pads that can take some more heat. Cooked em on the last drive. Or maybe just boiled the fluid.
Boiling fluid is rare. Soft pedal that still stops is pads, pedal to floor with almost no stopping is fluid.
Johnny_P

Car is a statement ... stirs up love and hate as indicated by this very thread :lol:
Why do you think I like the GTR so much? :hubba:
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm sure you'd be all the rage at the nearest Asian middle school.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Boiling fluid is rare. Soft pedal that still stops is pads, pedal to floor with almost no stopping is fluid.
Ah it was the first one. Bite went noticeably down but I wasn't standing on the pedal.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm

People hate the GTR?

That's a whole different world. The GTR is incredible.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm Boiling fluid is rare. Soft pedal that still stops is pads, pedal to floor with almost no stopping is fluid.
Ah it was the first one. Bite went noticeably down but I wasn't standing on the pedal.
Pads, bro.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

People hate the GTR?

A lot of people hate the GTR
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm Boiling fluid is rare. Soft pedal that still stops is pads, pedal to floor with almost no stopping is fluid.
Dem moran engineers. :disappoint:
max225

People hate the GTR?

I would gtr but that thing is 70k in nice used shape.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm sure you'd be all the rage at the nearest Asian middle school.
:sissyfight:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 pm
People hate the GTR?

A lot of people hate the GTR
Oh hm. I guess I don't frequent the GTR hater forum much. Seems to be pretty universally liked on here...respected at a minimum.