Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Ok, need some advice. I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 8.30 am.
My noise is 95% better as of now... it only comes and goes during 5% of my driving, still when it comes on it is very audible/loud/embarrassing.
What say ye? do I take it in tomorrow or go :aintcare: I don't want to waste my time with this shit, they likely won't be able to "replicate the sound".
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:37 pm Ok, need some advice. I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 8.30 am.
My noise is 95% better as of now... it only comes and goes during 5% of my driving, still when it comes on it is very audible/loud/embarrassing.
What say ye? do I take it in tomorrow or go :aintcare: I don't want to waste my time with this shit, they likely won't be able to "replicate the sound".
If they can't replicate it its pointless to go.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:37 pm Ok, need some advice. I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 8.30 am.
That doesn't answer my question.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

That doesn't answer my question.
I'd wait for it to either work itself out completely or reappear in force.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That.
lol. my clutch on my GTI was SCREAMING but only when it got hot. I took it to VW, they said couldn't replicate it. No shit because it needs to be fucking hot and they let it sit overnight. The next time I took it in, I e-brake dragged it up a hill slipping the clutch a bunch of times to get the clutch hot AF, and screaming when I pulled up. They pulled it around and it was making horribad noises.

Tell me you can't replicate it now motherfucker. Got a new clutch out of that though, nose was something to do with the flywheel, either manufacturing defect or a broken spring for the dual mass system, never got a clear answer on it.
max225

I’m taking the car in today :popcorn: the noise is intermittent and terrible still, you never know when it hits and how bad it’s going to be.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:35 am I’m taking the car in today :popcorn: the noise is intermittent and terrible still, you never know when it hits and how bad it’s going to be.
Good luck! hope they can rep[licate it and don't leave you hanging..
max225

Traffic is epic this am ... 15 miles 59 min drive
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am Traffic is epic this am ... 15 miles 59 min drive
:disgust: I left a little early today and beat a few minutes of traffic doing so.. not looking forward to coming home tonight though. 13 miles usually takes me 45-50 minutes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am Traffic is epic this am ... 15 miles 59 min drive
brain go brrrrrr
max225

My SA I’m supposed to blow... never met the guy before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54 am Image

If you would have brought him some vape juice you would never know delay for the rest of your Bimmer ownership. Why can't you forge the bond? Why can't you wage brohad? Why Max, why?
max225

Interesting updates. Unlike all you :gay: s that keep people waiting for after hibachi dinners, and being held cuck by the GFs boy toys.

1. SA who personifies the vape life ... actually :member: Ed my phone call... he talked to the “shop foreman” who is “familiar” with the issue.
2. No loaner, no more Uber I’m waiting on a god damn shittle. :notsure: how I’ll get back to the car after
:disgust:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

My SA wouldn't let me schedule my appointment without having a loaner available, for a poverty chebby. :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That sounds like my old commute, just 5 more miles and about 20 more mins, depending on when I leave home
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 pm My SA wouldn't let me schedule my appointment without having a loaner available, for a poverty chebby. :mindblown:
So it took... 2.5 HRS to drop off my car and get to my office. The dealershit is 12 miles from my house and my office is 5 miles from the dealershit.

FML today. :rage:
#Ultimate service is california. I just hope it was worth it but knowing my :mahtroy: luck ... god knows.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54 am Image

Appears mod friendly
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 pm My SA wouldn't let me schedule my appointment without having a loaner available, for a poverty chebby. :mindblown:
So it took... 2.5 HRS to drop off my car and get to my office. The dealershit is 12 miles from my house and my office is 5 miles from the dealershit.

#Ultimate service is california. I just hope it was worth it but knowing my :mahtroy: luck ... god knows.
:jesus: I wish you luck and they don't give you the "could not replicate" BS response on the ///M.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 pm

:jesus: I wish you luck and they don't give you the "could not replicate" BS response on the ///M.
Apparently they have to order some updated parts (new heat shields). No loaner as they are out for 2 weeks. I can either have no car for 4 days or “pick it up”

:wtf: :rage:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Apparently they have to order some updated parts (new heat shields). No loaner as they are out for 2 weeks. I can either have no car for 4 days or “pick it up”

Look into turo and get an enthusiast friendly vehicle you can experience. Typical bmw doe, this happens a lot when my family takes the 535 in
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm :jesus: I wish you luck and they don't give you the "could not replicate" BS response on the ///M.

Pick it up and bring it back once the parts arrive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm
max225 wrote: Apparently they have to order some updated parts (new heat shields). No loaner as they are out for 2 weeks. I can either have no car for 4 days or “pick it up”

:dat:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm
max225 wrote: Apparently they have to order some updated parts (new heat shields). No loaner as they are out for 2 weeks. I can either have no car for 4 days or “pick it up”

Right that’s what I’m about to do
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Car picked up... had to get a ride from a co worker. No repair performed. No loaner, even though there were 8 cars in a bay up front under "loaners" which were "all reserved". So much for that vape juice treatment.
Now I am "waiting for a phone call" for the parts to come in either "Tomorrow or thursday". At which point I am not sure how long that "repair" will take... :wtf:

But my car got a much-needed wash. :jesus: