Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

WOAH

Hold on

Max....got an M3?!?

Holy fuck I didn’t think he would ever get a non base model shitbox that he always complained about.

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golfsedan16 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm WOAH

Hold on

Max....got an M3?!?

Holy fuck I didn’t think he would ever get a non base model shitbox that he always complained about.

Congrats

Had a 335i Fake sport before this and a 370z before that... you've been gone too roooong.
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote:
golfsedan16 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm WOAH

Hold on

Max....got an M3?!?

Congrats

Had a 335i Fake sport before this and a 370z before that... you've been gone too roooong.

I’m happy for you! Glad you got the comp pack- those holes in the seats are awesome

max225

golfsedan16 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:03 pm
max225 wrote:

I’m happy for you! Glad you got the comp pack- those holes in the seats are awesome

Certainly a conversation starter. The best part of the comp pack is the exhaust. Braaaap
max225

ANNNNNNND I got my first issue.
Drove 1500 miles last month... and I noticed an intermittent giant terribad noise in the back, LOUD enough to upset people on the street... and make them stare at my car....

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showt ... ?t=1270430

Looks like rocks are getting caught in the rear left heatshield for me as well. It is super hard to reproduce as it is really intermittent. :aintcare: but it is annoying AF.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:07 pm ANNNNNNND I got my first issue.
Drove 1500 miles last month... and I noticed an intermittent giant terribad noise in the back, LOUD enough to upset people on the street... and make them stare at my car....

Looks like rocks are getting caught in the rear left heatshield for me as well. It is super hard to reproduce as it is really intermittent. :aintcare: but it is annoying AF.
M4's suffered early with this. There are re-designed shields from what I remember...
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:07 pm ANNNNNNND I got my first issue.

M4's suffered early with this. There are re-designed shields from what I remember...
Interesting... Mine isn't super early of a car... build date of 2016, march which is 2 model years in essentially...

On one hand My car will be worth 56k(my lease end buy out) when I am "done" with it... and it comes pre-xpelled and pre loved by me... so I know the entire history etc... on the other hand, I don't really like black... and I have no idea how much it "should" be worth in a year as used cars have been APPRECIATING in the last two months... :thankstrump: I confirmed what I saw with the official CPI. :mindblown:
max225

I can’t post pics from my phone anymore :( something about tapa doesn’t like the new iPhones :( first world problems

max225

S

max225

Showed up at costco today for my tire appointment and had some major :mahtroy: luck...

Waited 35 min for them to "look for my tires" which were delivered 2 weeks ago. Couldn't find em.... then it comes out they sent em back even though I have an installation appointment... now had to "re-order" tires. :wtf: ppl... like how hard is this? I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. I PAID FOR THE TIRES. Why the FUCK would you ship them back to another "warehouse" :wtf: :rage:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm Showed up at costco today for my tire appointment and had some major :mahtroy: luck...

Waited 35 min for them to "look for my tires" which were delivered 2 weeks ago. Couldn't find em.... then it comes out they sent em back even though I have an installation appointment... now had to "re-order" tires. :wtf: ppl... like how hard is this? I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. I PAID FOR THE TIRES. Why the FUCK would you ship them back to another "warehouse" :wtf: :rage:
So-- big warehouse store. Clueless employee's. What could go wrong.....
max225

Davestr wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm Showed up at costco today for my tire appointment and had some major :mahtroy: luck...

So-- big warehouse store. Clueless employee's. What could go wrong.....
I have gotten at least 5 other sets of tires there... this is an epic fuck up, they are super high volume and usually do good work. :mahtroy: luck but hey may get a bit :alpo: luck style since I called in and bitched to corporate.
max225

So my candidates for my next car purchase are all over the board.
I'll try to separate by highly likely and unlikely.

Highly likely:
JL Sport or Rubicunt haven't decided which model due to the 20k spread between em.
Civic Sport - Still not out of my system
Baby dick F30 for around 20k as it would provide me with a cheap alternative to my current ride

Somewhat likely:
16+ Golf R
16+ GTI (i'd probably RR though, since I'd be going cheap as is)
Fuckus RS Still gotta drive one

Unlikely:
Buying out my current BMW: at 56k i'd have the entire history of the car, etc. But I don't like the quality of the paint, for this damn color, it chips way too easily, and 56k+ tax... seems like a yuge liability down the road.
99+ Landcruiser likely a shitty DD, too many issues and too old
Viper- if I get lucky with work or stock, which seems unlikely. I can't DD the vehicle and it would be nothing but a toy.
Continue rocking the crown vic ... it'll reach 400k this year! :mindblown:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:14 pm So my candidates for my next car purchase are all over the board.
I'll try to separate by highly likely and unlikely.

Highly likely:
JL Sport or Rubicunt haven't decided which model due to the 20k spread between em.
Civic Sport - Still not out of my system
Baby dick F30 for around 20k as it would provide me with a cheap alternative to my current ride

Somewhat likely:
16+ Golf R
16+ GTI (i'd probably RR though, since I'd be going cheap as is)
Fuckus RS Still gotta drive one

Unlikely:
Buying out my current BMW: at 56k i'd have the entire history of the car, etc. But I don't like the quality of the paint, for this damn color, it chips way too easily, and 56k+ tax... seems like a yuge liability down the road.
99+ Landcruiser likely a shitty DD, too many issues and too old
Viper- if I get lucky with work or stock, which seems unlikely. I can't DD the vehicle and it would be nothing but a toy.
Continue rocking the crown vic ... it'll reach 400k this year! :mindblown:
My money is on the bolded.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That Civic Sport thing just makes me LOL. Yes it's practical. Look at all your recent decisions doe. You're making more money, and that is going into :dedong: cars.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 pm That Civic Sport thing just makes me LOL. Yes it's practical. Look at all your recent decisions doe. You're making more money, and that is going into :dedong: cars.
I am also driving more than anticipated. 99% of M3 owners/leasers don't load it up with 15-17k miles a year. it (Shitvic) is a very fun :aintcare: vehicle that is disposable to me (Shitvic).

Buy it for 22k OTD. Drive the piss out of it for 4-5 years and sell for 15k with 80k miles and exactly 0 issues.

I actually really like the way this car looks also.

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

God's chariot
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What about a Giulia 4 cyl? They seem pretty rad.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 pm What about a Giulia 4 cyl? They seem pretty rad.
Meh they do nothing for me... also about 10k more than a 3 series since they are newer
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 pm That Civic Sport thing just makes me LOL. Yes it's practical. Look at all your recent decisions doe. You're making more money, and that is going into :dedong: cars.
I am also driving more than anticipated. 99% of M3 owners/leasers don't load it up with 15-17k miles a year. it (Shitvic) is a very fun :aintcare: vehicle that is disposable to me (Shitvic).

Buy it for 22k OTD. Drive the piss out of it for 4-5 years and sell for 15k with 80k miles and exactly 0 issues.

So annoying that it looks so much better than the Si... :disgust:

It was really a solid car though, I like these 'vics. The Si seats though...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 pm
max225 wrote: I am also driving more than anticipated. 99% of M3 owners/leasers don't load it up with 15-17k miles a year. it (Shitvic) is a very fun :aintcare: vehicle that is disposable to me (Shitvic).

So annoying that it looks so much better than the Si... :disgust:

It was really a solid car though, I like these 'vics. The Si seats though...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
What is the issue with the civic sport seats? I found the to be really comfortable and grippy.

max225

Floated the fuckus idea with the azn and she didn’t seem to mind it :mindblown:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 pm

:like: - Get a Turo thorough test and inform us! I think thats the call amigo. I like it as well :like:
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:31 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 pm

:like: - Get a Turo thorough test and inform us! I think thats the call amigo. I like it as well :like:
I already drove the piss out of one during my test drive last year. It stuck with me.... even now while i ride in one of the best bmws ever made. So yea... it’s something...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Why does this fking thing look better than the Si? That is :wrong: