Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Yeah. I'd gladly take a bit more engine/road noise to make things feel fast.
Yep when I get the 440i first thing I'm going to do is run a catless downpipe that dumps right in front of rear wheels. Hopefully I can see some flames at night.
Yea um no. :yikes: I can't get over the drag radial front tires... ugh. :bs: Shit my dads crown vic rides on 225s too... like how the F is a performance BMW with all these "performance" options only at 225 up front... :rage:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Yep when I get the 440i first thing I'm going to do is run a catless downpipe that dumps right in front of rear wheels. Hopefully I can see some flames at night.
In4review
The hard reality is that I'd be planning my exhaust buy, Burger tuning buy, looking at suspension and wheels and all that shit and NONE OF THAT WILL BE HAPPENING. No, I have enough self preservational instinct to realize that the gf is not going to want her brand new car fooked with. Some tintz and maybe hardwire a radar detector setup, but that's gonna be about it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
Yea um no. :yikes: I can't get over the drag radial front tires... ugh. :bs: Shit my dads crown vic rides on 225s too... like how the F is a performance BMW with all these "performance" options only at 225 up front... :rage:
Straight line speed is all that matters, breh.

Forumbrehs can't corner anyway. Why do you think so many FRZ owners ended up in ditches or poles when the car came out?
I don't get it... I don't the MPG comment either... they don't sell nearly enough of these... but IMO every M sport car needs to have performance wheels and tires. I mean that's the single biggest defining feature of a sports car. THE FUCKING TIRES.

:rage:
max225

Same exact tire size as a V6 camry ! :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Straight line speed is all that matters, breh.

Forumbrehs can't corner anyway. Why do you think so many FRZ owners ended up in ditches or poles when the car came out?
I don't get it... I don't the MPG comment either... they don't sell nearly enough of these... but IMO every M sport car needs to have performance wheels and tires. I mean that's the single biggest defining feature of a sports car. THE FUCKING TIRES.

You didn't get a sports car. You got a badgewhore sedan with a firm suspension. Your gripe did intrigue me enough to piss away about a 1/2 hour on the forums today....seems like you can run 8.5 inch ramz in front and 9.5 in back without rubbing at stock ride height.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

Nobody cares like we do man.

The general public is focused on what car gets the best MPG, goes 0-60 the quickest, and has the best badge.

I was behind a fucking Porsche the other night whose driver insisted on doing 25 around a 35MPH onramp. Nobody likes to feel lateral Gs.
That one of the few ways to have fun... take an onramp at speed and feel the Gs. It is that and straight up accelerating... but acceleration gets you in trouble in 5 seconds... some on ramps are quite long... :(
max225

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

You didn't get a sports car. You got a badgewhore sedan with a firm suspension. Your gripe did intrigue me enough to piss away about a 1/2 hour on the forums today....seems like you can run 8.5 inch ramz in front and 9.5 in back without rubbing at stock ride height.
Well I got a sports sedan... not a fucking diesel golf. Yet it comes with the same tires/limitations. :lol:

I mean obviously a first world problem.

Do you know the factory wheel width ? I think my golf was 7.5. An 8" wheel should be able to fit 245s/255s. a 8.5" wheel should fit 265s,
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:Same exact tire size as a V6 camry ! :disgust:
In 4 pics of race slicks with poke.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
That one of the few ways to have fun... take an onramp at speed and feel the Gs. It is that and straight up accelerating... but acceleration gets you in trouble in 5 seconds... some on ramps are quite long... :(
Seriously. I love my onramps.
:dat:

But it's rare even in KY to not have a slow person in front of you. :disappoint:
max225

Camry joke turned into reality, just my luck. :mahtroy:
max225

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: :dat:

But it's rare even in KY to not have a slow person in front of you. :disappoint:
Yeah, around here, it's every. Fucking. Ramp.

Why do you think I find driving a pickup tolerable?
Slow down... if no one behind you... then go into it balls deep, with 4 screeching tires and play off the limit.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

maxtdi wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

Slow down... if no one behind you... then go into it balls deep, with 4 screeching tires and play off the limit.
I do this, hell if no one is around I'll stop entirely and then launch through 1st and 2nd.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
I do this, hell if no one is around I'll stop entirely and then launch through 1st and 2nd.
:dat:

It's the only hope for fun on the street. :(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

The GTI would be understeer city. :disgust:
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:Camry joke turned into reality, just my luck. :mahtroy:
Just get new ramz/tars from a forumbreh and a Hamburger tune and enjoy the thing!
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
The GTI would be understeer city. :disgust:
The gti has bigger tires ... so the g forces are comparable
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:Camry joke turned into reality, just my luck. :mahtroy:
Just get new ramz/tars from a forumbreh and a Hamburger tune and enjoy the thing!
I'll enjoy it one way or another, this isn't a big deal, not like I'm going to push it off a cliff. I'm just bitching to point out the obvious shortcoming that is completely unnecessary
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, but if they put wide tahrs on it and it had a bunch of tire noise (it probably would), you'd bitch about how unacceptable the noise is for a luxury car.

There's no winning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

305 all season.

Done and done.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:Yea, but if they put wide tahrs on it and it had a bunch of tire noise (it probably would), you'd bitch about how unacceptable the noise is for a luxury car.

There's no winning.
The car is quiet, adding some more front tire wouldn't make it drastically louder. It WOULD reduce understeer and possibly induce some oversteer or rotation, and then if the car swapped ends it would be labeled unsafe. So BMW went the safe route.
max225

Detroit wrote:Yea, but if they put wide tahrs on it and it had a bunch of tire noise (it probably would), you'd bitch about how unacceptable the noise is for a luxury car.

There's no winning.
I highly doubt that the stock M3 tire sizes make the car loud. This isn't an econoshitbox like my TDI. I peeled back some of the shit out back in the BMW when I was checking if it was rear ended etc. And there is sound insulation everywhere.
max225

Also... I'll monitor the M3 pricing/reliability for the 2015 models, I may go the M3 route when this is done... We shall see...
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:Also... I'll monitor the M3 pricing/reliability for the 2015 models, I may go the M3 route when this is done... We shall see...
:waxer:
But if it fixes what you don't like...
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: In4review
The hard reality is that I'd be planning my exhaust buy, Burger tuning buy, looking at suspension and wheels and all that shit and NONE OF THAT WILL BE HAPPENING. No, I have enough self preservational instinct to realize that the gf is not going to want her brand new car fooked with. Some tintz and maybe hardwire a radar detector setup, but that's gonna be about it.
Smart man. Let her drive the issue. Be the supportive listener she has always dreamt of :)
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: :waxer:
But if it fixes what you don't like...
Max will never be happy.

Never fast enough, never grippy enough, never quiet enough, never civilized enough.

The M3 should be the one car to do it all, doe. That's what M cars are all about.
:waxer: