Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:50 pm
wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm

:disgust:

Re the bolded, :really: Never had a scary health diagnosis? Never lost someone close to you? Never got to the hospital literally minutes after a beloved relative died alone because you didn't drive quite fast enough?
Yes, I have. Thought I was having a heart attack or stroke about 10 years ago.

At least in that situation I knew that it would be over fast, one way or the other. At the DMV I had no such hope for sweet relief.
:lolol:
Fair enough.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Our Texas license process was pretty painless. We were encouraged to make online appointments at a “MEGA CENTER” location and I tried it in multiple days and it would never let me.

So, instead I picked up my gf and went with her to a smaller one closer to my job. We were in and out in 2 hours as “walk-ins”. We had our forms and proper documents and got complimented by the employees for actually giving a shit.

Texas does online renewals so :notbad: on that end when the time comes (if we are even still in Texas after that long).

Texas is weird though because they give out DL’s through their “Department of Public Safety” and their car registrations are through the actual DMV. So you have to go to two separate places to get your license and register your vehicle. I guess it works though because all in it took me 3.5 hours to get my license and register my car if you’re adding up total time.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 pm You guys have to book an appointment in advance to great a realID?? :wtf: I just walked into my local DMV office right before my birthday back in May with the required dox in hand and walked out with a temporary one 30-40 minutes later with the real one mailed to me about 10 days after that. Several people were there doing the same thing. Cray...
:ayfkm:

I had to renew in person last year and had a weird situation where they didn't mail me, or the mail didn't get delivered. Two weeks before my Birthday I called to ask about my renewal and where my DL was... After 2 hours on hold they told me I had to come in since I hadn't had a picture update in 20 years. Couldn't get an appointment, so I just went in the next day, which was a Wednesday.

Line was already about 200 people 20 minutes before they opened. Took almost 2 hours to get inside, to sit and wait 6 more hours and finally get called 10 minutes before the office closed.

I spent the whole day listening to 6 dudes from somewhere South of the US asking if getting an ID in California would keep them from getting deported. These guys were fucking morons. If you're going to break the law, at least know what the law is, what the penalties are and how the system works.

Worst day in my life, easily. the :rage: was building and I was tempted to tell them I worked for INS just to cut down my wait after they ran out the door.
Try paying 4.5% propery taxes, there's never a wait here!

:thanksobama:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:13 pm
wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 pm

You guys have to book an appointment in advance to great a realID?? :wtf: I just walked into my local DMV office right before my birthday back in May with the required dox in hand and walked out with a temporary one 30-40 minutes later with the real one mailed to me about 10 days after that. Several people were there doing the same thing. Cray...

I had to renew in person last year and had a weird situation where they didn't mail me, or the mail didn't get delivered. Two weeks before my Birthday I called to ask about my renewal and where my DL was... After 2 hours on hold they told me I had to come in since I hadn't had a picture update in 20 years. Couldn't get an appointment, so I just went in the next day, which was a Wednesday.

Line was already about 200 people 20 minutes before they opened. Took almost 2 hours to get inside, to sit and wait 6 more hours and finally get called 10 minutes before the office closed.

I spent the whole day listening to 6 dudes from somewhere South of the US asking if getting an ID in California would keep them from getting deported. These guys were fucking morons. If you're going to break the law, at least know what the law is, what the penalties are and how the system works.

Worst day in my life, easily. the :rage: was building and I was tempted to tell them I worked for INS just to cut down my wait after they ran out the door.
As much as I feel bad for these guys, I feel like they need to do more homework based on obtaining a citizenship/becoming legal immigrants. Especially the ones who can actually afford to do so and knowing that they can, as well as after hearing someone paying $8k for a smuggler.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:21 am Our Texas license process was pretty painless. We were encouraged to make online appointments at a “MEGA CENTER” location and I tried it in multiple days and it would never let me.

So, instead I picked up my gf and went with her to a smaller one closer to my job. We were in and out in 2 hours as “walk-ins”. We had our forms and proper documents and got complimented by the employees for actually giving a shit.

Texas does online renewals so :notbad: on that end when the time comes (if we are even still in Texas after that long).

Texas is weird though because they give out DL’s through their “Department of Public Safety” and their car registrations are through the actual DMV. So you have to go to two separate places to get your license and register your vehicle. I guess it works though because all in it took me 3.5 hours to get my license and register my car if you’re adding up total time.
NC also has two seperate offiices, but I don't recall ever waiting more than 90 minutes. CA probably just has more population than they can handle.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Car got picked up... now we wait
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:54 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:21 am Our Texas license process was pretty painless. We were encouraged to make online appointments at a “MEGA CENTER” location and I tried it in multiple days and it would never let me.

NC also has two seperate offiices, but I don't recall ever waiting more than 90 minutes. CA probably just has more population than they can handle.
California Dreamin'
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 pm Car got picked up... now we wait
Can’t wait for you to get the car and as it gets unloaded out comes a 328i that they initially mentioned in the paperwork.

:lolgasm:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:06 pm
Can’t wait for you to get the car and as it gets unloaded out comes a 328i that they initially mentioned in the paperwork.

Thanks bro!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm Car was supposed to be picked up today ... texted dealer she told me she hasn’t heard from them.
Called transport company straight to VM.
I give up. :thisisfine:

It’s 5:30 pm in Florida and dealer closes soon.

:thisisfine:
oh you bought that mini in jacksonville?
wap

:excited:
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:06 pm

:ohdang:
:fshitup:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Title get resolved? Will you get the car before the title?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 pm
Monday after hibachi he will send it out. Speaking of, did they mail you a title or was it a different type of paperwork.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Monday after hibachi he will send it out. Speaking of, did they mail you a title or was it a different type of paperwork.
Bank has my title bruv. Dat 2.49% financing.

When I paid off the GTI I got the actual title itself tho.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:popcorn: :fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yea
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

328i :dock: :gaydance:
max225

325 E not 328i.... I think that's like 3/4 gens ago.
max225

I wonder where the mini is today ...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote:I wonder where the mini is today ...

Sans ScarJo
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:54 pm
max225 wrote:I wonder where the mini is today ...

Sans ScarJo
They have the little lights :wub:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Sans ScarJo
They have the little lights :wub:
Just for you bby
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Re the bolded, :really: Never had a scary health diagnosis? Never lost someone close to you? Never got to the hospital literally minutes after a beloved relative died alone because you didn't drive quite fast enough?
Ron, dramatic license is allowed when dealing with the California DMV. I have to go get my license renewed (vision test, et al) and deal with this Real ID jazz. They should have a rule where if you have a passport, you don't need all the other crap to get a "Real" ID. The U.S. Passport is the ultimate form of ID in America.....it should trump CA procedure.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Ron, dramatic license is allowed when dealing with the California DMV. I have to go get my license renewed (vision test, et al) and deal with this Real ID jazz. They should have a rule where if you have a passport, you don't need all the other crap to get a "Real" ID. The U.S. Passport is the ultimate form of ID in America.....it should trump CA procedure.
In a state where non citizens have more rights/benefits than citizens common sense does not apply.