Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

At this point, the "better buy" is whatever you like the best. None of the options you're considering has significantly more depreciation between one another.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Just don't buy a fucking Civic. Hell man.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:44 pm K20. 160 ish hp is probably fine. Sounds like a nice car to me and no 1.5T oil dilution horseshit to deal with.
I dunno I don’t think so that’s like a 90s Honda power to weight ratio.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 pm At this point, the "better buy" is whatever you like the best. None of the options you're considering has significantly more depreciation between one another.
Currently looking for 1 year old STIs and WRXs and maybe the RS but the azn hates the RS
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 pm At this point, the "better buy" is whatever you like the best. None of the options you're considering has significantly more depreciation between one another.
Currently looking for 1 year old STIs and WRXs and maybe the RS but the azn hates the RS
Good. Listen to her. That thing blows.

WRX is the answer IMO. Checks every box.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Seems to be that way ... I just wish it made noise ...

What’s your gripe with the rs?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 pm

:koolaid: I fucking hate Ford for no real reason.othet than theyre appareny overall lack of product strategy and cranking out shitty things when they do. The Focus just never struck me as being a great car. Seating position is way too high, interior is garbage, drive is ok. I'm sure an RS is way better, but fuck that...it's still a Focus

Also, think about who you're going to be selling that thing to in 12-24 mos. Vapenation :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The SPT exhaust is the way to go IMO.

SPT is the Subaru sport exhaust. Can get it through any dealer or online retailer.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 pm

:koolaid: I fucking hate Ford for no real reason.othet than theyre appareny overall lack of product strategy and cranking out shitty things when they do. The Focus just never struck me as being a great car. Seating position is way too high, interior is garbage, drive is ok. I'm sure an RS is way better, but fuck that...it's still a Focus

Also, think about who you're going to be selling that thing to in 12-24 mos. Vapenation :disgust:
I’m trying to keep an open mind. All selections are #vapenation approved outside of the 3 ... which seems too expensive without any sort of pricing assistance
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 pm

I’m trying to keep an open mind. All selections are #vapenation approved outside of the 3 ... which seems too expensive without any sort of pricing assistance
Yea, good point. :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:07 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Is the power difference that noticeable ? Both seem to be 1.5 baby dick motors with a tiny snail. 180 hp or 200hp seems like same shit different label, I like the base seats a lot, they had no issues for me.

The main selling point is the stereo + LSD which is obviously worth the 2k alone. But meh...200hp or 180 hp still barely enough to have fun in at WOT, :notsure: the LSD is worth it. The civic sport comes with a 4 speaker shit stereo... which is frankly :disgust: in 2019 for something costing more than 20k... but now Lane departure/autonomous braking is standard, which is :nice: You get that at 22k and change which is :impressive:
My friend is leasing an SI and he hates it. It handles well but it is a complete snooze fest in terms of “fun” in daily/stop go traffic.
Yeah I drove it back to back with the MK7. The GTI is a rocket ship in comparison power wise but I thought the Civic was more fun - better shifter/clutch, better handling, steering, etc. I also really liked the interior :iono:

I just really the Civics, my wants for a Hype R are strong.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:07 pm
My friend is leasing an SI and he hates it. It handles well but it is a complete snooze fest in terms of “fun” in daily/stop go traffic.
Yeah I drove it back to back with the MK7. The GTI is a rocket ship in comparison power wise but I thought the Civic was more fun - better shifter/clutch, better handling, steering, etc. I also really liked the interior :iono:

Yeah, I can imagine the Manuel in the civic is way more engaging and sporty compared to the GTI/R which have super soft almost borderline dead pedal clutches lol.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Yeah, I can imagine the Manuel in the civic is way more engaging and sporty compared to the GTI/R which have super soft almost borderline dead pedal clutches lol.
I still enjoy the manual in a GTI but it’s not Si level. GTI def has a classier interior and exterior but it’s also like 20% more expensive. I dunno, I like both cars, just depends on what you value most.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 pm

I still enjoy the manual in a GTI but it’s not Si level. GTI def has a classier interior and exterior but it’s also like 20% more expensive. I dunno, I like both cars, just depends on what you value most.
Broken record here but the gti is just too boring, the :manuel: doesn’t add to the driving experience as the dsg is such an excellent trans.

The wrx/sti feel special, they don’t feel like a run of the mill vehicle.

The rs and hype r take it to another level, they are true drivers cars. If you don’t believe me, take them for a spin after a gti and gti/R you won’t be able to go back... they are wonderful vehicles.

And I’m not tying to rag on the gti/r as I love em as well but they are not as engaging or fun to drive ... that doesn’t make them bad cars ... just depends on what you want /need
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm Test drove a 2019 dual motor model, exactly what I wanted.

Um dude was super nice, experience was fairly low pressure.

Now to the car ... this was the mid range awd model.

Power was surprisingly underwhelming but certainly :notbad: I expected more of a eyeballs to the ceiling type acceleration but I think my m3 is certainly faster especially from a roll.... I went 20-70 in full retard mode.

Steering is good, good weight.
You never need to touch the brakes on regular Regen
The entire car inside is glass which is actually quite :neat: best visibility out of any vehicle I have driven
Auto pilot is epic, changed lanes by itself and kept me
Dead center ... like that’s fucking nuts. The car just drove it self really well and it’s super easy to use which is wild ... honestly that’s worth 10k above any other vehicle alone
The backup cam is like 1080p Resolution best in the business.

What’s not good.
Not a performance car, it does lean a bit, brakes were a bit odd as well, there is a bit of dead travel for when you do need them
Interior is quite sparse everything has to go through screen which works very intuitively but just has a very iPhone type feel due to lack of any sort of buttons anywhere
Price - no incentive, no free color, $3850 fed going away to $1400 in a week. They are basically “sold out” so waiting is key IMO.

Sticker price is 50k, and yes it’s worth 50, come
At me :bruh: the tech in this car is unmatched at this price point as is the driving experience, nothing else like it.

:notsure: if I’ll get one, it’s certainly the most interesting choice but it’s not as fun in some ways, and way more fun in others.

I think this is by far the best car at 50k. Bmws are way slower and way more boring at that price range new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you considered testing cars for a day job? Excellent material lately.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm Test drove a 2019 dual motor model, exactly what I wanted.

Um dude was super nice, experience was fairly low pressure.

Now to the car ... this was the mid range awd model.

Power was surprisingly underwhelming but certainly :notbad: I expected more of a eyeballs to the ceiling type acceleration but I think my m3 is certainly faster especially from a roll.... I went 20-70 in full retard mode.

Steering is good, good weight.
You never need to touch the brakes on regular Regen
The entire car inside is glass which is actually quite :neat: best visibility out of any vehicle I have driven
Auto pilot is epic, changed lanes by itself and kept me
Dead center ... like that’s fucking nuts. The car just drove it self really well and it’s super easy to use which is wild ... honestly that’s worth 10k above any other vehicle alone
The backup cam is like 1080p Resolution best in the business.

What’s not good.
Not a performance car, it does lean a bit, brakes were a bit odd as well, there is a bit of dead travel for when you do need them
Interior is quite sparse everything has to go through screen which works very intuitively but just has a very iPhone type feel due to lack of any sort of buttons anywhere
Price - no incentive, no free color, $3850 fed going away to $1400 in a week. They are basically “sold out” so waiting is key IMO.

Sticker price is 50k, and yes it’s worth 50, come
At me :bruh: the tech in this car is unmatched at this price point as is the driving experience, nothing else like it.

:notsure: if I’ll get one, it’s certainly the most interesting choice but it’s not as fun in some ways, and way more fun in others.

I think this is by far the best car at 50k. Bmws are way slower and way more boring at that price range new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you considered testing cars for a day job? Excellent material lately.
Nah I’m :wrong: :bruh: I try to be as unbiased as possible for you guys.

I really need to drive an STI
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Max Demuro
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:

:wat:

The rental Focus I had this winter had an awesome low seating position and fun chassis for an econobox. I strongly considered getting a new old stock 1.0T model when they were being blown out for like $12k, but took too long to decide.

The interior would never pass the :225: test :doe: and neither would the backup camera resolution. :gay:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am
Detroit wrote: :koolaid: I fucking hate Ford for no real reason.othet than theyre appareny overall lack of product strategy and cranking out shitty things when they do. The Focus just never struck me as being a great car. Seating position is way too high, interior is garbage, drive is ok. I'm sure an RS is way better, but fuck that...it's still a Focus

:wat:

The rental Focus I had this winter had an awesome low seating position and fun chassis for an econobox. I strongly considered getting a new old stock 1.0T model when they were being blown out for like $12k, but took too long to decide.

The interior would never pass the :225: test :doe: and neither would the backup camera resolution. :gay:
You're also not a giant.

All Ford cars...including the Focus have a driver's seat that seems to stop 1-2" before full bottom. I never have enough headroom in Ford cars...unless that's changed in the last few years.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am :wat:

You're also not a giant.

All Ford cars...including the Focus have a driver's seat that seems to stop 1-2" before full bottom. I never have enough headroom in Ford cars...unless that's changed in the last few years.
The rental Focus had a lower seating position than any car I've owned and most that I've sat in. GTI, S4, C5, RX8, MR2, MKZ, Mazda3, etc. were all higher stock. The Focus and the Stinger are the only two cars I can think of that I've sat in which had low enough seating for me without mods. That and the new Alpine A110 but :whocares:

Maybe a base rental sedan has different seats than whatever you drove?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

The FoRS has the best stock seats I've ever sat in, they fit me like a glove. No issue with headroom at 6'.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Yeah that is the major bummer. The Si is a significant step up, better brakes, seats, turbo, power, etc.... In a hatch it would be a no brainer. I kind of still wish I'd gotten the Si.
Is the power difference that noticeable ? Both seem to be 1.5 baby dick motors with a tiny snail. 180 hp or 200hp seems like same shit different label, I like the base seats a lot, they had no issues for me.

The main selling point is the stereo + LSD which is obviously worth the 2k alone. But meh...200hp or 180 hp still barely enough to have fun in at WOT, :notsure: the LSD is worth it. The civic sport comes with a 4 speaker shit stereo... which is frankly :disgust: in 2019 for something costing more than 20k... but now Lane departure/autonomous braking is standard, which is :nice: You get that at 22k and change which is :impressive:
I didn't actually drive the Sport, just sat in it and I found the Si to be way better as far as seats, steering wheel, shifter, interior over all.

The Si actually does have a larger turbro, not just a toon. An LSD alone would be the $2K, so once you add in the interior bits, extra power, bigger brakes, better tires, it's definitely worth it. But again, bummer it's not in hatch form.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 am
Detroit wrote: You're also not a giant.

The rental Focus had a lower seating position than any car I've owned and most that I've sat in. GTI, S4, C5, RX8, MR2, MKZ, Mazda3, etc. were all higher stock. The Focus and the Stinger are the only two cars I can think of that I've sat in which had low enough seating for me without mods. That and the new Alpine A110 but :whocares:

I haven't driven one in years. Must have improved just in time to kill off the cars. Makes sense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 am
Detroit wrote: You're also not a giant.

Yeah one of my good friends here has a manual Focus and I think it's actually pretty good ergonomically and kinda fun to drive. I also liked the DCT thing in the Focus, obviously I'm :wrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 am The rental Focus had a lower seating position than any car I've owned and most that I've sat in. GTI, S4, C5, RX8, MR2, MKZ, Mazda3, etc. were all higher stock. The Focus and the Stinger are the only two cars I can think of that I've sat in which had low enough seating for me without mods. That and the new Alpine A110 but :whocares:

I haven't driven one in years. Must have improved just in time to kill off the cars. Makes sense.
To your point though, I never really can get comfortable in :tits: 2012 Fusion due to head room/high seat height + sunroof. I have a really long torso though, 6'2" and only 32" inseam.