Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Yes, base TT = base TT, not TT-S.

You wanted <$30k and 87 octane, that's a base car. Only does 5.2 0-60. Dangerously slow.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Sorry it's "only" 250 lbs, 31xx vs 3400. Wheelbase is 98 vs 103 inches. Runs on 87 vs 91 like you wanted, is very rare on the road and has a less embarrassing badge.

If you think they're for fags though, that's all you need to say. Buy what you like.
Where are you getting the 3100 figure ? Are you comparing the 220hp vs 280hp version? TTS + Golf R have the exact same drivetrain + power rating how can one run on regular and the other one cant? :iono:

I don't really care for badges as we discussed unless they are korean.
No, but you care more about "image" than most. As Troy said, buy what you like. You're going to torture this process more than necessary.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 pm Yes, base TT = base TT, not TT-S.

You wanted <$30k and 87 octane, that's a base car. Only does 5.2 0-60. Dangerously slow.
Secretary car, bro. Fucking epic embarrassing to be seen looking at, let alone OWN. Better to just kill yourself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 pm Yes, base TT = base TT, not TT-S.

Meh, that sounds like a GTI at that point. I place no value on TT over a Golf.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Where are you getting the 3100 figure ? Are you comparing the 220hp vs 280hp version? TTS + Golf R have the exact same drivetrain + power rating how can one run on regular and the other one cant? :iono:

No, but you care more about "image" than most. As Troy said, buy what you like. You're going to torture this process more than necessary.
Just looking for your guy's input. TT was a good suggestion, just not something that I want. Image is important, but obviously its not that important to me, I had a shitty TDI for 5 years, a shitty plastic fantastic for 7, and so just move on from this crap already. I mentioned I DGAF, I am obviously considering civic sport, which has 0 image "cred".

Yes some cars have a better image. Porsche>Corvette that's just facts, the rest is just butthurt from the poors. I call things out how they are.
ChrisoftheNorth

You clearly have preconceived notions about everything currently on the market. You're looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist, there's not much input left for us to provide.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:48 pm You clearly have preconceived notions about everything currently on the market. You're looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist, there's not much input left for us to provide.
Input was provided in the form of TT, various golf R posts (forerunner for me right now). The shit talking about image is getting really old.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I think I'd really enjoy a TT once I got one. 5/7 would test drive compressed egg.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:48 pm You clearly have preconceived notions about everything currently on the market. You're looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist, there's not much input left for us to provide.
Input was provided in the form of TT, various golf R posts (forerunner for me right now). The shit talking about image is getting really old.
You've driven a Mk7 GTI but not an R right?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:55 pm I think I'd really enjoy a TT once I got one. 5/7 would test drive compressed egg.
It's a fine squashed egg I am sure. Just not for me. :iono: I don't get the butthurtery. I was legit trying to find how it is better than a golf R, can't seem to find any reason, outside of 87 on the 220hp base model which seems to be boring.
ChrisoftheNorth

Bro...you know all the vehicles out there and have something for/against all of them. What could we possibly suggest that you haven't fully vetted already? Not to mention, the logic of what's "rare" or whatever is completely whack. A fucking Civic that wouldn't be good enough for a 16 year old chick in Orange County is fine...but a Model 3, which makes the most sense of anything is "too common" after driving nothing but the most common of CA vehicles ...the fucking 3 series for 4 years.

Sorry bro, there's no helping this shit.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 pm Bro...you know all the vehicles out there and have something for/against all of them. What could we possibly suggest that you haven't fully vetted already? Not to mention, the logic of what's "rare" or whatever is completely whack. A fucking Civic that wouldn't be good enough for a 16 year old chick in Orange County is fine...but a Model 3, which makes the most sense of anything is "too common" after driving nothing but the most common of CA vehicles ...the fucking 3 series for 4 years.

You don't live here so you don't know/see the amount of Teslas we got here. They are everywhere. M3s are not super common (some around of course but there must be 100 other 3 series to 1 of these) neither are 335i M sports in blue. I can go weeks without seeing one (blue M sports). I see maybe 1 civic hatch sport a week, vs 100 teslas a day.

Anyways back on topic

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/ ... 57679.html too bad this gen is super dated looking. Otherwise it checks quite a few boxes.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 pm Bro...you know all the vehicles out there and have something for/against all of them. What could we possibly suggest that you haven't fully vetted already? Not to mention, the logic of what's "rare" or whatever is completely whack. A fucking Civic that wouldn't be good enough for a 16 year old chick in Orange County is fine...but a Model 3, which makes the most sense of anything is "too common" after driving nothing but the most common of CA vehicles ...the fucking 3 series for 4 years.

You don't live here so you don't know/see the amount of Teslas we got here. They are everywhere. M3s are not super common (some around of course but there must be 100 other 3 series to 1 of these) neither are 335i M sports in blue. I can go weeks without seeing one (blue M sports). I see maybe 1 civic hatch sport a week, vs 100 teslas a day.

Anyways back on topic

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/ ... 57679.html too bad this gen is super dated looking. Otherwise it checks quite a few boxes.

If it's a good looking car, it's a good looking car. Dated as compared to what? I like the schnoz, the ass, and the peeler ramz. Nice interior. Goes vroom all day long. 30 grand. Practically free.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Anyways back on topic

If it's a good looking car, it's a good looking car. Dated as compared to what? I like the schnoz, the ass, and the peeler ramz. Nice interior. Goes vroom all day long. 30 grand. Practically free.
I really liked the way these drove. The interior is dated even compared to my dated 3 series... its more dated than a golf R for example that plays in the same used price range.Also depreciation and mpg may be significantly worse... I really do think a current S4 is likely my ideal vehicle but not at the current price point of 40-5k
max225

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =239321153

These are really nice... but first model year VEEDUBZ likely above what I am willing to spend on depreciation also... :yikes:
Last edited by max225 on Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Why not just get a C63? :whocares: about gas prices, that's poor talk.
Last edited by troyguitar on Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm Why noy just get a C63? :whocares: about gas prices, that's poor talk.
Before I got my M3 I ran the math because I did really like those, I'd have to go for a 2012+ model to avoid the catastrophic head explosion issue. And as you mentioned... 12mpg... @ premium @$4.50 seems :fullretard: that'll be $350 -450 a month in gas.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Anyways back on topic

How exactly is that "super dated looking" ffs?? I for one couldn't tell off hand if it was a '16 or '17 :iono:
I think it looks great.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Anyways back on topic

:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm

Anyways back on topic

How exactly is that "super dated looking" ffs?? I for one couldn't tell off hand if it was a '16 or '17 :iono:
I think it looks great.
13-16 all look the same inside and out. Outside is nice enough but inside has a pretty low res screen. The center stack and seats etc look dated compared to the new gen. I do really like that power train however.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Have you met our lord and savior, :truk: ?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 am Have you met our lord and savior, :truk: ?
:nope: I don’t live in 1930 agrarian America.

It’s going to be a used 16/17 golf r or a civic hatch sport or a hyper r. I am 70% leaning towards the golf R as I will likely only “own” this car for about 18/24 months and this is the best option for what I want.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

DSGay Golf R is the best option. And especially since you're only keeping it 18-24 months, long term reliability issues like carbon won't be a problem.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am DSGay Golf R is the best option. And especially since you're only keeping it 18-24 months, long term reliability issues like carbon won't be a problem.
That’s the closest reliable time frame I can come up with. If I knew what would happen 2 years from now, and let’s say my living arrangement won’t change (unlikely) I would probably get a F80 used or the S4 used. Maybe even the model 3. But I can’t get a firm grasp on the timing and I need a car... so back to the egg I go.

So about 3 months left on the lease tops. I'll be sad to see this car go considering what the future holds. But oh well. I had a lot of fun in this, and it was the best car I have ever owned.