Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

tight but I would have no problem paying way more for a low mile documented car.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Does it really need more power? I get the big dick factor but for soaking up miles the E350 is perfect
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 am Does it really need more power? I get the big dick factor but for soaking up miles the E350 is perfect
Having that same debate with myself. Literally 33% better fuel mileage.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:34 am
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 am Does it really need more power? I get the big dick factor but for soaking up miles the E350 is perfect
Unless your car is different, my buddies e350 is running at around 24-25mpg, I would say it’s an even bigger difference than that.

Here is where it gets difficult... Chrysler 300. It has an extra gear/more space, runs on donkey piss vs premium is actually based on both the e and s class. This choice becomes quite individualistic. Better badge and a bit better quality vs actually better powertrain combo + widely better parts availability and lack of rape when service is due.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:35 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:34 am

Unless your car is different, my buddies e350 is running at around 24-25mpg, I would say it’s an even bigger difference than that.

Here is where it gets difficult... Chrysler 300. It has an extra gear/more space, runs on donkey piss vs premium is actually based on both the e and s class. This choice becomes quite individualistic. Better badge and a bit better quality vs actually better powertrain combo + widely better parts availability and lack of rape when service is due.
Dat SRT 300 doe. :megusta:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I like the E350s. I drove a C350 a long time ago and remember feeling impressed with how a 10 year old neglected car could feel so solid and fluid moving down the road.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

There's a reason E Classes are used as Taxi's all over Europe and routinely go hundreds of thousands of kilometers, mostly in dense, urban stop and go environments.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I used to absolutely love the E550s I'd see driving around.
max225

[FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMSRANT]

Hey Y'all I just came back from vacay and got into my Kamry, and man this thing is just amazing. Such a different personality from the :jeep:. My problem is I love both vehicles, and they each have their own attributes that make it superior to the other. I can't necessarily pick which one I prefer more.

Rubicon/Sahara purchase possibility:
Here is where it gets tricky for me, properly equipped it'll likely be 50-2k after discounts + tax. A used M3 (hell even my current one) is going to be 53k (my lease end buy out).
So cost is high... that aside, I am concerned about fuel prices + what I have been hearing about Rubicon MPG. I am ok averaging around 19-20, on donkey piss, anything less than that is almost warranting a cheap electric vehicle to offset the fuel wasted, which is what I don't want to do. We're now well over $4 and I don't see it going down. I do want to keep the jeep longer term (4-5 years) and at this rate we will be well over $6 a gallon in gas, which would make road trips a big luxury.

Also queue the real talk: As much as I love the Rubicon/Wrangler it is in fact a very top heavy big SUV that is simply terrible in windy conditions. So overall this seems like a bunch of :eeyore: talk but it isn't. I am trying to be realistic about all positive attributes and the downsides that cause :plac: On the flip side the lowish depreciation + 0 FG attitude of driving this thing anywhere and parking over curbs is just so relaxing compared to my M3. However I wish i enjoyed the "top down" experience more, it was simply a feature that I don't think i'll be using much.

On Future leases/M3.

The M3, is likely not a vehicle I'd keep longer, unless BMW is going to offer me some kind of discounted lease time frame for the next 12 months, as the car is pretty heavily depreciated at this point.

I also am trying to get rid of a monthly payment for possible house purchases in the next 12/18 months so... getting another lease is likely out of the question.

[/FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMSRANT]

What do you all think?
YOLOSWAGGIN get the rubicunt and give exactly 0 fucks about fuel?
Get something that's also fun to drive but not another lease, so likely in the 20-30k range which is currently pretty heavily compromised over what I have ?
Go full on :scrooge: and drive old cars and save money ? But this is unlikely as I am a huge car guy at heart and this would be killing me.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Golf r
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 pmGolf r
That is a mild possibility.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Sahara should save a few grand and do everything you need with all the features you want while getting better MPGz on the highway. Why not go that route?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pm Sahara should save a few grand and do everything you need with all the features you want while getting better MPGz on the highway. Why not go that route?
Sahara and rubicon are within 1k of one another when equipped the way I "like it" I believe my sahara spec is ~52k rubicon with same options is 52.9k, so going sahara saves me no money at all, and I will likely lose 5k on resale where we all know the "rubicon" rules.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 pm Sahara should save a few grand and do everything you need with all the features you want while getting better MPGz on the highway. Why not go that route?
Sahara and rubicon are within 1k of one another when equipped the way I "like it" I believe my sahara spec is ~52k rubicon with same options is 52.9k, so going sahara saves me no money at all, and I will likely lose 5k on resale where we all know the "rubicon" rules.
Interesting. You're putting more shit on the Sahara then? There's a $2k price delta to start with.

You're likely correct on the resale part...though a Sport S has the least depreciation as a % of sale price if that's what you're really concerned about.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:13 pm

Interesting. You're putting more shit on the Sahara then? There's a $2k price delta to start with.

You're likely correct on the resale part...though a Sport S has the least depreciation as a % of sale price if that's what you're really concerned about.
I am only putting the non hideous wheels on it, which narrows the gap by 1k. All the other options are the same price, obviously I can add the $1295 metal bumpers to rubi but that wouldn't be apples to apples.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:25 pm [FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMSRANT]

Hey Y'all I just came back from vacay and got into my Kamry, and man this thing is just amazing. Such a different personality from the :jeep:. My problem is I love both vehicles, and they each have their own attributes that make it superior to the other. I can't necessarily pick which one I prefer more.

Here is where it gets tricky for me, properly equipped it'll likely be 50-2k after discounts + tax. A used M3 (hell even my current one) is going to be 53k (my lease end buy out).
So cost is high... that aside, I am concerned about fuel prices + what I have been hearing about Rubicon MPG. I am ok averaging around 19-20, on donkey piss, anything less than that is almost warranting a cheap electric vehicle to offset the fuel wasted, which is what I don't want to do. We're now well over $4 and I don't see it going down. I do want to keep the jeep longer term (4-5 years) and at this rate we will be well over $6 a gallon in gas, which would make road trips a big luxury.

Also queue the real talk: As much as I love the Rubicon/Wrangler it is in fact a very top heavy big SUV that is simply terrible in windy conditions. So overall this seems like a bunch of :eeyore: talk but it isn't. I am trying to be realistic about all positive attributes and the downsides that cause :plac: On the flip side the lowish depreciation + 0 FG attitude of driving this thing anywhere and parking over curbs is just so relaxing compared to my M3. However I wish i enjoyed the "top down" experience more, it was simply a feature that I don't think i'll be using much.

On Future leases/M3.

The M3, is likely not a vehicle I'd keep longer, unless BMW is going to offer me some kind of discounted lease time frame for the next 12 months, as the car is pretty heavily depreciated at this point.

I also am trying to get rid of a monthly payment for possible house purchases in the next 12/18 months so... getting another lease is likely out of the question.

What do you all think?
Get something that's also fun to drive but not another lease, so likely in the 20-30k range which is currently pretty heavily compromised over what I have ?
Go full on :scrooge: and drive old cars and save money ? But this is unlikely as I am a huge car guy at heart and this would be killing me.
This, I would think. You are part of a financial "community" now, prenup notwithstanding. Her Acura is paid off, yes? So you have one "fun" car, and it's more of a community head to Tahoe and Napa and cart shit around and do shit like a couple car, not a Marshal Zhukov massive dick swinging phallus of speed.................while at the same time not making you want to kill yourself. One payment. Donezo.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, there is no point in getting a non Rubicon Jeep. None whatsoever.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:38 pm

On Future leases/M3.

What do you all think?
This, I would think. You are part of a financial "community" now, prenup notwithstanding. Her Acura is paid off, yes? So you have one "fun" car, and it's more of a community head to Tahoe and Napa and cart shit around and do shit like a couple car, not a Marshal Zhukov massive dick swinging phallus of speed.................while at the same time not making you want to kill yourself. One payment. Donezo.
yep.... :lol:

Poop joke {REDACTED}
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:41 pm Also, there is no point in getting a non Rubicon Jeep. None whatsoever.
That's peasant talk. I am not running with non tinted windows, and cranks. This is 2019. Assuming depreciation will hold steady the biggest expense for future running costs is fuel, which is going up at astronomical rates. A vehicle is a long term purchase I don't :plan: on dropping 55k in cash and :plac: ing in 12-24 months this has got to last 48-60 months.

Currently if my driving style holds I am spending $250 a month at today's gas prices... :gay: which I suppose isn't that bad, depreciation would be @ $562.5 a month.
max225

On Future leases/M3.

What do you all think?
See to me the Rubicon is more utilitarian than fun. Yes it is still fun, but ripping the m3 around turns and on, onramps is a lot of fun as well. It is a weird comparison though, I think the M3 is out of the question at this point.

Her acura is in fact paid off, but it is simply a commuter car (oh and she doesn't drive and takes the train to work) so ... yea. The :scrooge: thing to do is to share her vehicle.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

See to me the Rubicon is more utilitarian than fun. Yes it is still fun, but ripping the m3 around turns and on, onramps is a lot of fun as well. It is a weird comparison though, I think the M3 is out of the question at this point.

Her acura is in fact paid off, but it is simply a commuter car (oh and she doesn't drive and takes the train to work) so ... yea. The :scrooge: thing to do is to share her vehicle.
It's a lot of money at issue when you're talking about the vehicles you're talking about. It just seems like it would make sense to blow cash on something you both like if you're gonna do that.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:38 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

It's a lot of money at issue when you're talking about the vehicles you're talking about. It just seems like it would make sense to blow cash on something you both like if you're gonna do that.
She likes what I like for now... she just "wants the steps" which don't come on the Rubi
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Rav4 hybrid

I dunno man you seemed to like the Jeep. Something else to consider, is if you stay in the Pay area and move closer to SF driving is going to be HELLISH. So kiss any "fun" driving goodbye. You seem to like the Jeep well enough, and that thing can slay potholes all day long while you :aintcare: derp along in crawling traffic on the way to wine country. Fuel mileage, yeah, that is a consideration though.

Here's where I am at. I want a car/vehicle that will take me places, that I can jump in with the lady and the pup and just go and not give a fuck. I don't even drive the STI to the park because of the traffic, the disgusting road conditions, and honestly all the stop/go from fucking traffic lights. I want to be able to not give a shit and just go and do things and I can't do that in my current car. Get something that you and her can have a fun time exploring in. On road or off, whatever floats your boat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man, it's a tough call. Both the M3 and Jeep are amazing vehicles and a lot of fun in their own right but couldn't be more different. While I enjoy the JL a lot, I'm an 85% sports car/15% Jeep preference kind of guy. I'd love a Wrangler as a third vehicle or spouse car. You're like 51%/49%.

My big question is, would you miss having a sporty car? When you had only the TDI, how much did you miss the C5? I'm thinking quite a bit as you bought both an E46 AND a 370Z. Have you ever had just an SUV or even something non-sporty/quick at all or for long? I briefly entertained a Wrangler for myself, but I would miss a proper fun car in about a month I think.

As :gay: as it sounds, maybe you need to make a pros and cons list?

This is why I let Detroit talk me back out of selling my cars though, everything is compromised and having two cars eliminates so much of that... but also adds a lot of work and expense.

My ultimate vote for you is the Rubicon, you have been talking about Jeeps for as long as I've "known" you, which is a staggering eight years.