Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:08 pm All joking aside Toyota is doing major moves lately also. Their entire lineup is getting refreshed, you can't go wrong with any of their models (outside of that 86) i suppose.
I agree (other than on the 86, those are :neat: ), they're weirdly one of the better manufacturers/lineups now. Camry is actually really nice and looks good/interesting, new Corolla has manual and seems nice, 4Runner/Taco have always been sort of cool, albeit ancient, 86 is interesting/cool, etc. I probably should've gotten the manual Corolla in highlighter yellow, but no, I needed dat Aryan superiority.

Speaking of which, BMW Douche forum recommendations?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 am
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:08 pm All joking aside Toyota is doing major moves lately also. Their entire lineup is getting refreshed, you can't go wrong with any of their models (outside of that 86) i suppose.
I agree (other than on the 86, those are :neat: ), they're weirdly one of the better manufacturers/lineups now. Camry is actually really nice and looks good/interesting, new Corolla has manual and seems nice, 4Runner/Taco have always been sort of cool, albeit ancient, 86 is interesting/cool, etc. I probably should've gotten the manual Corolla in highlighter yellow, but no, I needed dat Aryan superiority.

I don’t bmw forum, every issue I have ever had I have gotten strange responses on there. Bimmerpost is one of the bigger ones I suppose
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Bimmerforums was my go to back in my BMW days.
max225

New ride and new plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm Image

New ride and new plates

:impressive:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm Image

New ride and new plates

:amaze:
Davestr

I use it along with my German forum. Bimmerpost is ok. The M2 forum is painful and full of inane shit and posts and way too much attitude. Its a fkn BMW not a Ferrari or anything remotely similar.

I normally peruse Maintenance part and the engine/tuning etc. Looking for new issues/problems and solutions for known issues. Other than that who needs more forum pals anyway. Id rather that here to be honest - a nice mix of life/cars and stories that are far more entertaining and interesting. My Lotus forums were the same. Interesting and good folks who loved the marque and didnt feel like one upping anyone on the forum or competing with another marque/bashing. There is enough of that shite around the Bimmerpost crap.
The 2er forum here in Germany is cool. Laid back and not as active overall. Great to get a feel for European owners and events and see what folks do for tunes/mods and the road trips or areas they live in. There is just alot less hype and competitive attitude to be honest and more about shared data and experiences.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Davestr wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I use it along with my German forum. Bimmerpost is ok. The M2 forum is painful and full of inane shit and posts and way too much attitude. Its a fkn BMW not a Ferrari or anything remotely similar.

I normally peruse Maintenance part and the engine/tuning etc. Looking for new issues/problems and solutions for known issues. Other than that who needs more forum pals anyway. Id rather that here to be honest - a nice mix of life/cars and stories that are far more entertaining and interesting. My Lotus forums were the same. Interesting and good folks who loved the marque and didnt feel like one upping anyone on the forum or competing with another marque/bashing. There is enough of that shite around the Bimmerpost crap.
The 2er forum here in Germany is cool. Laid back and not as active overall. Great to get a feel for European owners and events and see what folks do for tunes/mods and the road trips or areas they live in. There is just alot less hype and competitive attitude to be honest and more about shared data and experiences.
:word: thanks for the description. Based on what I'm learning I'll probably just use it to troubleshoot/DIY and such, kind of like the Corvette forum. That place is awful for just "hanging out" and honestly the C5 thread here sometimes has better information, Troy, Merkle, Detroit, and Mr. Airboat all have a wealth of knowledge on those cars.
Davestr

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 am
Davestr wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 pm

:word: thanks for the description. Based on what I'm learning I'll probably just use it to troubleshoot/DIY and such, kind of like the Corvette forum. That place is awful for just "hanging out" and honestly the C5 thread here sometimes has better information, Troy, Merkle, Detroit, and Mr. Airboat all have a wealth of knowledge on those cars.
Sound thinking!!! :like: :like:
max225

Chris Harris on the Kamry XSE Trd. Looks like he really likes the terrible steering, noodle chassis, shit power, bad handling, and overall ignores the fact that bmw can’t make a proper fun car if it was forced down their throat.

:disgust:

max225

And after "russian" thanksgiving tonight, I'll be off to hawaii, yet another wrangler rental Friday, and then Mon-Thursday i'll be in a shitstang. Will provide updates... I wonder if it'll be a JL, very likely not, but it would be :neat: if it was.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:44 pm And after "russian" thanksgiving tonight, I'll be off to hawaii, yet another wrangler rental Friday, and then Mon-Thursday i'll be in a shitstang. Will provide updates... I wonder if it'll be a JL, very likely not, but it would be :neat: if it was.
Mahalo bra! :jeep:
max225

“I don’t like the fist holder”

max225

From last night.... this is how you park this car, doesn’t clear 90% of curbs. Sounds epic in parking garages ... need to make a vid of it before it’s gone

Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:23 pm Image

From last night.... this is how you park this car, doesn’t clear 90% of curbs. Sounds epic in parking garages ... need to make a vid of it before it’s gone

Does the rear have more clearance? Are you supposed to hard-park the ///M?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm

He’d rather kill himself.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm

To max Hard Park = FLEX
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Our stock mazda3 is too low in the front to use the curbs as a wheel chock. You aren't supposed to do that anyway, that often means that your front bumper is in the walkspace in front of the curb.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:57 pm Our stock mazda3 is too low in the front to use the curbs as a wheel chock. You aren't supposed to do that anyway, that often means that your front bumper is in the walkspace in front of the curb.
My ass occasionally sticks out in the smaller spots (as indicated) because these look like they were designed as such, well originally they probably weren't but the building masters probably got fed up with retards ramming the wall so they put up those blocks.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh wow I’d have destroyed that bumper by now.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm Oh wow I’d have destroyed that bumper by now.
I am used to it from my C5 days. That shit wouldn't clear anything either.... way worse driving experience due to the crazy overhangs too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm Oh wow I’d have destroyed that bumper by now.
I am used to it from my C5 days. That shit wouldn't clear anything either.... way worse driving experience due to the crazy overhangs too.
Is the XSE lower than the SE? I am still kind of shocked/ :amaze: by the fact that I can just enter/exit parking areas like a normal person now. C5 scrape is immense, the BMW ride height seems totally fine for everything I do. I normally just go for street parking rather than those shitty decks though, fewer door dings. I'd rather someone drunk drive into my car and total it than just ding up the damn sides.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:02 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Is the XSE lower than the SE? I am still kind of shocked/ :amaze: by the fact that I can just enter/exit parking areas like a normal person now. C5 scrape is immense, the BMW ride height seems totally fine for everything I do. I normally just go for street parking rather than those shitty decks though, fewer door dings. I'd rather someone drunk drive into my car and total it than just ding up the damn sides.
Yes XSE has completely different bumpers and a different ride height. Also the XSE or my previous SE I6T don't scrape on anything other than clearing curbs. The overhangs are really short, just quite low for curbs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Yes XSE has completely different bumpers and a different ride height. Also the XSE or my previous SE I6T don't scrape on anything other than clearing curbs. The overhangs are really short, just quite low for curbs.
I don't think I've ever owned a car that wouldn't scrape on those bump stop things :iono: :stig:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm

I don't think I've ever owned a car that wouldn't scrape on those bump stop things :iono: :stig:
For (regular height ones)
Chrysler 300 doesn't
Crown Vic doesn't
Womans Acura TSX doesn't
Friends TLX Doesn't
2013 Civic Doesn't
2015 C300 doesn't

And this is just from recent memory