Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

2 months check in... drove a fairly whopping 2400 miles already
Been driving a lot lately :( and that's with having split some miles with the crown vic initially... I am driving at least 1500 miles a month or 20k miles a year at the moment. :mindblown:
0 issues to report
Things I like remain the same..
Things I dislike remain the same also, the ride is pretty bouncy over shitty pavement, and those 20s really transfer nearly all road imperfections, driving over a reflector in the highway "hurts"

Took the car on some canyons... the CLA250 (with amg) package fried its brakes in 1/2 the time I spent toying with the M3, which showed 0 fade even after 20 consecutive hard brakings etc.
Car is truly an excellent performance sedan.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm 2 months check in... drove a fairly whopping 2400 miles already
Been driving a lot lately :( and that's with having split some miles with the crown vic initially... I am driving at least 1500 miles a month or 20k miles a year at the moment. :mindblown:
0 issues to report
Things I dislike remain the same also, the ride is pretty bouncy over shitty pavement, and those 20s really transfer nearly all road imperfections, driving over a reflector in the highway "hurts"

Took the car on some canyons... the CLA250 (with amg) package fried its brakes in 1/2 the time I spent toying with the M3, which showed 0 fade even after 20 consecutive hard brakings etc.
:like: :like: :like: /////MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm 2 months check in... drove a fairly whopping 2400 miles already
0 issues to report

I :member: the CLA with brakes on fire. Hilarious.

Why not trade the rams for some 18s from a stancebro? Would you get dinged on trade if you did that or no?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm
0 issues to report

Why not trade the rams for some 18s from a stancebro? Would you get dinged on trade if you did that or no?
It is possibruu.... I just don't want to waste money... the 18" ramz are actually quite popular.... also they come with smaller fronts and rears :(
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm

It is possibruu.... I just don't want to waste money... the 18" ramz are actually quite popular.... also they come with smaller fronts and rears :(
Did you drive the :manuel: or the CVT Civic hatchback? I can't remember. These have me curious, but it's like a more expensive less powerful Golf. The Sport Touring model looks pretty nice overall and apparently has a good stereo too. $27k and a CVT though, you have to really want that because you can get into a GTI for that much.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Did you drive the :manuel: or the CVT Civic hatchback? I can't remember. These have me curious, but it's like a more expensive less powerful Golf. The Sport Touring model looks pretty nice overall and apparently has a good stereo too. $27k and a CVT though, you have to really want that because you can get into a GTI for that much.
:manuel: msrp was 22,300. It was excellent, especially for the money. No gti has that sticker. Also civic holds resale better and you can lease one $199 a month with 2k down.
I could never do sport touring it tacks on 7k in options, most were Stickered at 28-29k here for nothing...
moonroof :aintcare:
Leather :aintcare:
Cvt :butwhy:
Better stereo doe .... the base stereo is garbage through 4 speakers, my one and only gripe
max225

But ... sport tourings have 5k on the hood, the regular ones only around 2k so it narrows the gap a bit
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

If the Civic wasn't so hideous, it would be a serious contender.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 am

:manuel: msrp was 22,300. It was excellent, especially for the money. No gti has that sticker. Also civic holds resale better and you can lease one $199 a month with 2k down.
I could never do sport touring it tacks on 7k in options, most were Stickered at 28-29k here for nothing...
Better stereo doe .... the base stereo is garbage through 4 speakers, my one and only gripe
Yeah I could do without leather and moonroof for sure. CVT because I want an automatic :iono: The stereo is the kicker, I've heard the base Honda 4 speakers of hell, and it's about as good as my STI which has the worst stereo I've ever heard. Don't know why you can't get a decent stereo in anything but the highest trim in most manufacturers. If it's going to be a derp car it better be a damn good derp car.

The real problem is the $27k price that I see them listed at. Or say you get it for $25k plus tax and stuff. That or a used loaded 2 or 3 series?

Lease might be a good way to go.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am If the Civic wasn't so hideous, it would be a serious contender.
I don’t mind it... the main issue is the high school stigma for me. Yay look at everything you have accomplished after 10 years of cancereous corporate slaving ...
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah I could do without leather and moonroof for sure. CVT because I want an automatic :iono: The stereo is the kicker, I've heard the base Honda 4 speakers of hell, and it's about as good as my STI which has the worst stereo I've ever heard. Don't know why you can't get a decent stereo in anything but the highest trim in most manufacturers. If it's going to be a derp car it better be a damn good derp car.

The real problem is the $27k price that I see them listed at. Or say you get it for $25k plus tax and stuff. That or a used loaded 2 or 3 series?

They have at least 3/4 k on the hood for the loaded models... but to me the point of that car is simplicity and value. Both get lost when you add on Honda’s shitty nah and a headroom robbing tiny moon roof and pointless leather
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am If the Civic wasn't so hideous, it would be a serious contender.
Yeah every car has some sort of fatal flaw. I would just phone it in and get an Impreza CVT since I'm really enjoying my Subaru but it doesn't come with a real engine. This has some questionable exterior styling and only FWD but the performance is certainly there.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am

They have at least 3/4 k on the hood for the loaded models... but to me the point of that car is simplicity and value. Both get lost when you add on Honda’s shitty nah and a headroom robbing tiny moon roof and pointless leather
Yep, agreed, it becomes a much tougher sell.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:44 am
Yeah every car has some sort of fatal flaw. I would just phone it in and get an Impreza CVT since I'm really enjoying my Subaru but it doesn't come with a real engine. This has some questionable exterior styling and only FWD but the performance is certainly there.
Very true.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am
I don’t mind it... the main issue is the high school stigma for me. Yay look at everything you have accomplished after 10 years of cancereous corporate slaving ...
Yea, but this thing SCREAMS high school stigma.

It looks like it was designed by a 14 year old Japanese kid that was hopped up on whatever the Japanese equivalent of Monster is after playing 47 hours of Need For Speed: Tokyo Smackdown straight.

:disgust:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am

It looks like it was designed by a 14 year old Japanese kid that was hopped up on whatever the Japanese equivalent of Monster is after playing 47 hours of Need For Speed: Tokyo Smackdown straight.

I do prefer the mini minivan styling of the golf to the civic (i think) but it is a close wash for me. One is boring as hell and one is overstyled.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm

I do prefer the mini minivan styling of the golf to the civic (i think) but it is a close wash for me. One is boring as hell and one is overstyled.
They need to meet in the middle. The Focus is/was really close.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Sharkmouth vs fake vents... Pick your poison, they are all ugly IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm
Sharkmouth vs fake vents... Pick your poison, they are all ugly IMO.
Fake vents make me :triggered: can't stand them.

Sharkmouth was OK, :doe: but indeed, none are great.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:28 pm Sharkmouth vs fake vents... Pick your poison, they are all ugly IMO.
Fake vents make me :triggered: can't stand them.

Golf r with slightly wider fenders and wheels, and fixed calipers would probably be :jimp:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Fake vents make me :triggered: can't stand them.

Golf r with slightly wider fenders and wheels, and fixed calipers would probably be :jimp:
Would help.... but still an egg doe :( It is difficult to make a car that is as ubiquitous as the golf look good unless you do major body work which none of the OEMs do because "beancounters"
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:39 pm Golf r with slightly wider fenders and wheels, and fixed calipers would probably be :jimp:
Would help.... but still an egg doe :( It is difficult to make a car that is as ubiquitous as the golf look good unless you do major body work which none of the OEMs do because "beancounters"
There are a lot of buyers that think hatchbacks look sporty. I like that look a lot personally.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:46 pm
max225 wrote:
There are a lot of buyers that think hatchbacks look sporty. I like that look a lot personally.
For utility, no shape is better. No denying that.
ChrisoftheNorth

I think the last gen wide-body WRX/STI hatches were as sporty as an egg can look.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:I think the last gen wide-body WRX/STI hatches were as sporty as an egg can look.
:jimp: