Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Just musings. A truck is something I would enjoy owning. But likely NGH due to size.

A civic gets 30-40 MPG on regular. Seems good to me.
Well I suppose I can't really get shit for being enamored with that car for years. It does everything well for not much money.
It does. The only things it won't do well is hold up to parking damage. The sheet metal is hilariously thin on these and the Mazdas. But I guess it just is what it is.
If I want to go truck route, I guess the older 4th gen 4Runner is the best pick. Still a truck, just a little shorter, and a lot cheaper to offset the fuel costs.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The Frontier is out?

Full size trucks are WAY too massive...agreed. I don't even live in a dense city and won't drive a FS truck.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Stelvio is eligible for Mopar extended warranties.
Johnny_P

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

CPO for $27k with the turbo motor. I dunno. Hard to get jazzed up about that thing.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 pm The Frontier is out?

Full size trucks are WAY too massive...agreed. I don't even live in a dense city and won't drive a FS truck.
:iono: Frontier or Taco could work I guess. Ridgeline seems like a better vehicle overall for what I'd use it for but who knows. Just need to cart around dogs, bikes, and babies. Truck is unlikely to happen because even the midsize ones are massive.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:39 pm Stelvio is eligible for Mopar extended warranties.
I always forget about these. No light color interiors but that probably doesn't matter. The real question is how they ride, and why you'd get one over a Giulia Q4. Not sure I love the way they look. But certainly more interesting and cool than a Rav4.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:48 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:39 pm Stelvio is eligible for Mopar extended warranties.
I always forget about these. No light color interiors but that probably doesn't matter. The real question is how they ride, and why you'd get one over a Giulia Q4. Not sure I love the way they look. But certainly more interesting and cool than a Rav4.
They had tan, red, or brown, but black did outsell them all combined 2:1. Chef really liked the one he drive. Unfortunately they didn't get the standard FCA uconnect. The trunk in the Giulia is oddly shaped so it's not as good for :doge: + :crotchfruit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:43 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

CPO for $27k with the turbo motor. I dunno. Hard to get jazzed up about that thing.
It's really meh IMO
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Alright so Stelvios are in the $25-30k range. Hm.

Don't love the way it looks but it's not horrible. Better transmission and motor for sure. Nice features. Wonder how much of a train wreck something like this would be to own.
ChrisoftheNorth

Eehhhh no. Get something more reliable and more complaint for Baghdad roads.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:Alright so Stelvios are in the $25-30k range. Hm.

Don't love the way it looks but it's not horrible. Better transmission and motor for sure. Nice features. Wonder how much of a train wreck something like this would be to own.
Supposedly the 4 cylinder alfas aren't terrible for reliability.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:50 pm

They had tan, red, or brown, but black did outsell them all combined 2:1. Chef really liked the one he drive. Unfortunately they didn't get the standard FCA uconnect. The trunk in the Giulia is oddly shaped so it's not as good for :doge: + :crotchfruit:
Yeah. They look better in black, hides the owl face. But then black on black again. It would have to drive really smooth to make up for that.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Eehhhh no. Get something more reliable and more complaint for Baghdad roads.
Have you driven one? I have zero seat time in any Alfas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:43 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

You are a valued Hertz customer!!!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:19 pm

I just got presidents circle today
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It's more expensive than NEW. But but MSRP is 35k. yea but these have 8-10k on the hood on the regular.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:19 pmYou are a valued Hertz customer!!!
Yeah man. I don't know how I'd spruce this up to avoid seppuku. Slight lift and blacked out wheels with knobbier tires?
Overall it's super meh.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:41 pm

It's more expensive than NEW. But but MSRP is 35k. yea but these have 8-10k on the hood on the regular.
This was from 5 minutes of autotrader looking around. I wasn't scrutinizing anything other than ask and interior color. And no, they don't have $8-10k on the hood out here.
Johnny_P

Man that front plate location is retarded. Looks better in black though. But black. Eh.

Edit: Also reading they continually score dead last in comparison tests for ride quality. Hah. :gay: :nope:
Last edited by Johnny_P on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:17 pm Man one of my good friends here has a newer Cherokee and that car just blows. Hideous, meh interior, big outside small inside, and there is this issue where the speakers are out of phase with each other that is just intolerable to me. I don’t really drive a ton of new stuff but the Elantras I’ve driven are just such better vehicles than that Cherokee it’s amazing.

If you WANT a pickup, get one? Seems like it would work fine in your sitch and less seppuku than CUVs. I think you’ll want something you actually want a year or less into a seppuku wagon.
There are gas mileage complaints about vehicles that get like 20-23mpg on PREMIUM. How does a :truk: on regular and 15mpg fit into this equation. Makes no sense.
I mean it's pretty well documented on here that I hate :truk: but I also think people deserve to be happy. :iono: if he would enjoy one, why not go for it?
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:17 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 pm

There are gas mileage complaints about vehicles that get like 20-23mpg on PREMIUM. How does a :truk: on regular and 15mpg fit into this equation. Makes no sense.
I mean it's pretty well documented on here that I hate :truk: but I also think people deserve to be happy. :iono: if he would enjoy one, why not go for it?
I might sneak in a test drive just for kicks. 6 speed auto, vtec V6, minivan interior comfort, sedan handling, cream interior colors available. Maybe not bad.
My mind right now is actually leaning pretty heavily to an Accord with the 2.bro and 10 speed. Used they're in range. And about the same price as a CVT Civic hatch. Maybe won't make me hate life as much as a CUV bread van.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm Alright so Stelvios are in the $25-30k range. Hm.

And you thought the GTI was hard to keep up with? :lolol:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm Alright so Stelvios are in the $25-30k range. Hm.

And you thought the GTI was hard to keep up with? :lolol:
Yeah right? Just looking for a dad mobile that wouldn't suck to own. :sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:disgust: :gag: :nevermind: :nope:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:32 pm :disgust: :gag: :nevermind: :nope:
Yeah, I mean it checks the boxes but I don't desire to own one. Like, the thought of going to a dealership and putting up with the BS just to even look at it when I'm meh already is super :disgust: