Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 pm

? :notsure: if trolling or real question
Stone cold. I consider myself a bit of a car dweeb but knowledge of the used HHR market is utterly useless knowledge.
I bet the people selling HHR's on autotrader and ebay get so hyped when they see that one pageview.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 pm

? :notsure: if trolling or real question
Stone cold. I consider myself a bit of a car dweeb but knowledge of the used HHR market is utterly useless knowledge.
I have problems... At one point I was researching them for some stupid reason... they come powered by the ecotec motors which are very very very stout and pretty decent and low maintenance 4 speed autos which were designed for V6 applications. Essentially it is a chevy cobalt hatch, an under-rated platform if you ask me. The entire driveline is super under-stressed which is why it enjoys very good reliability.

GM poured a LOT of money into developing it and it was kind of a bust long term because "American cars are bad" image... this particular platform was part of the huge turn around effort at GM, the quality was good. The blocks of that motor can handle like 1000hp or some crazy amount. GM went :fullretard: on them.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I bet the people selling HHR's on autotrader and ebay get so hyped when they see that one pageview.
Yea no one cares about these vehicles which is why I think they are a unique buying proposition... reliable, cheap and do the job. And it is a very :aintcare: type vehicle that can be disposed of after a few years.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 pm Stone cold. I consider myself a bit of a car dweeb but knowledge of the used HHR market is utterly useless knowledge.
I have problems... At one point I was researching them for some stupid reason... they come powered by the ecotec motors which are very very very stout and pretty decent and low maintenance 4 speed autos which were designed for V6 applications. Essentially it is a chevy cobalt hatch, an under-rated platform if you ask me. The entire driveline is super under-stressed which is why it enjoys very good reliability.

GM poured a LOT of money into developing it and it was kind of a bust long term because "American cars are bad" image... this particular platform was part of the huge turn around effort at GM, the quality was good. The blocks of that motor can handle like 1000hp or some crazy amount. GM went :fullretard: on them.
My dad is on his 2nd HHR and loves them, he is annoyed that he won't be able to get another new one. They've been solid and cheap for him.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Doesnt dbest used to have an early 2000’s Cavalier with the ecotec and made shitton of power. Also ecotec were originally Opel motors
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Yea but this is the "performance" version which is rareish and also tough to find clean (as indicated) , the version for his womenz would just be the regular 2.2 or 2.4 I4 with 150ish HP which is plenty.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Fiat 500 XL? For all her wedding coffee house planning
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm :nevermind:

I mean I think the HHR SS is a neat car but not the right car for :wasteful:
No one suggested the SS :bs:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 17068.html

Purrfect for dat bidness
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah. :disgust: HHR is off the table for both myself and Ms. Wasteful.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Purrfect for dat bidness
Oh hey look they found a way to make it look even worse :amazing: :nope:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 pm Fiat 500 XL? For all her wedding coffee house planning
Find me one for $10k?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Find me one for $10k?
I feel like that shouldn’t be difficult.
What could possibly go wrong?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:07 pm

I feel like that shouldn’t be difficult.
What could possibly go wrong?
Hill launch :iono:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:42 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Exactly. And a used one will still have plenty of factory warranty left.
For the 5/60 yeah, the 10/100 powertrain warranty doesn't transfer.
:themoreyouknow:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

You could get an HHR SS with the 2.0T, :manuel: mechanical LSD and Brembros. I've often considered finding one as a winter beater.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Haven't driven a new one but I've logged many miles in a first gen :manuel: and it's slow but fun, great car IMO.
I imagine it's rather :turtle: with the automatic. She has zero interest in learning to drive stick. But then again she doesn't give a shit about speed and power anyway. Her Tiguan is "scary" when it revs over 3k and goes into turbo boost. Then again she did call a Crosstrek "really slow" back in the day when she was using Zipcar.
It's just hard to know with :tits: man... One thing I have learned is that it's very noise dependent. The sensation of speed from engine noises seems to matter more from the "scariness" factor than actual speed. Allison's family is from BFE and whenever we take the :poorvette: out there, I'll drive a little bit spiritedly and she goes all :nope: OMG so scary, then we'll go in her Fusion and she'll average 10 MPH faster on all the roads. I've pointed out many times that the :poorvette: could safely go WAY faster than the Fusion as it has loads more grip, better braking, better visibility, etc. but :tits: don't see any of that from a logical standpoint. She did say the :poorvette: would be less scary with less slippery seats, which is a legit critique, but overall I'd rather just have her never ride in it.

So long story long, Lisa is just going to have to drive these things and some :thisisfine: others :nope: for reasons, none of which will make any real sense.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Purrfect for dat bidness
The panel van version is a little rapey, but it is indeed a good suggestion. Oh well, too ugly apparently.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:23 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm

I imagine it's rather :turtle: with the automatic. She has zero interest in learning to drive stick. But then again she doesn't give a shit about speed and power anyway. Her Tiguan is "scary" when it revs over 3k and goes into turbo boost. Then again she did call a Crosstrek "really slow" back in the day when she was using Zipcar.
It's just hard to know with :tits: man... One thing I have learned is that it's very noise dependent. The sensation of speed from engine noises seems to matter more from the "scariness" factor than actual speed. Allison's family is from BFE and whenever we take the :poorvette: out there, I'll drive a little bit spiritedly and she goes all :nope: OMG so scary, then we'll go in her Fusion and she'll average 10 MPH faster on all the roads. I've pointed out many times that the :poorvette: could safely go WAY faster than the Fusion as it has loads more grip, better braking, better visibility, etc. but :tits: don't see any of that from a logical standpoint. She did say the :poorvette: would be less scary with less slippery seats, which is a legit critique, but overall I'd rather just have her never ride in it.

So long story long, Lisa is just going to have to drive these things and some :thisisfine: others :nope: for reasons, none of which will make any real sense.
:tits: car shopping logic is 5/7 :fullretard: :derp:

All Michele wants is a small lifted truck with a heated steering wheel.

She actually doesn't get scared going :stig: in :poorvette: , but gets bad motion sickness, so it's a nearly instant :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 am You could get an HHR SS with the 2.0T, :manuel: mechanical LSD and Brembros. I've often considered finding one as a winter beater.
:gag: :nope:
Johnny_P

:notbad: does it suck? Also... pre-bro'd. I'd get to keep my flatbrims.
Kinda big for the city.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Jesus christ... take the Team Toyota stickers off the damn thing!
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:44 am
Jesus christ... take the Team Toyota stickers off the damn thing!
TEAM PRO BRAH
Are you part of the team?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:32 am
:tits: car shopping logic is 5/7 :fullretard: :derp:

All Michele wants is a small lifted truck with a heated steering wheel.

She actually doesn't get scared going :stig: in :poorvette: , but gets bad motion sickness, so it's a nearly instant :nope:
She's probably like a :doge: and focuses on nearby things whizzing by quickly.

Focus down the road and I bet she'd have no problem.
Doesn't matter anymore since there's no twisty roads where we live, but good suggestion.