Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:23 am

Yeah I thought about it. Too early / cold / dark for that.

The classroom portion of the training is over now. So we go to on-the-job training. Basically I'm going to have to sit in my car all day in the area I'm assigned, and wait for a call from the dispatcher to go to a gas odor complaint. If I get one, I need to be there within 60 minutes or less. And since they're customer calls, they can't predict how many or when I'll get them. They also can't predict how long it will take to complete the 30 calls required for training. So it could take 2 weeks or it could take 2 months.

WTF.

Debating buying a total beater car for this. Like a $2k crangslist mismatched wheel special.
Paying to spend 2 weeks or 2 months in a pos beater seems completely :wrong:

How about something fun from turo ? At least it’ll make life less miserable than 2” of C and P layers
Most of those :crang: s put mileage limits on the cars. Nah, I'd do another rental if needed. But they can't tell me when or for how long. So rental seems like a stupid idea.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:23 am

Yeah I thought about it. Too early / cold / dark for that.

The classroom portion of the training is over now. So we go to on-the-job training. Basically I'm going to have to sit in my car all day in the area I'm assigned, and wait for a call from the dispatcher to go to a gas odor complaint. If I get one, I need to be there within 60 minutes or less. And since they're customer calls, they can't predict how many or when I'll get them. They also can't predict how long it will take to complete the 30 calls required for training. So it could take 2 weeks or it could take 2 months.

WTF.

Debating buying a total beater car for this. Like a $2k crangslist mismatched wheel special.
:disgust:

Lisa needs the CMAX daily? You can't expense the rental/mileage?

I can only assume that drivable beaters start at like $5K now... :thankstrump:
Can expense the mileage, not the rental. Lisa doesn't need the jelly bean every day, but if she doesn't have it she's stuck walking to/from places with the kid. Just kind of chains her to the house which sucks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:02 pm

:disgust:

Lisa needs the CMAX daily? You can't expense the rental/mileage?

I can only assume that drivable beaters start at like $5K now... :thankstrump:
Can expense the mileage, not the rental. Lisa doesn't need the jelly bean every day, but if she doesn't have it she's stuck walking to/from places with the kid. Just kind of chains her to the house which sucks.
Maybe just fly down to AL and grab that Subaru?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:37 pm

Paying to spend 2 weeks or 2 months in a pos beater seems completely :wrong:

How about something fun from turo ? At least it’ll make life less miserable than 2” of C and P layers
Most of those :crang: s put mileage limits on the cars. Nah, I'd do another rental if needed. But they can't tell me when or for how long. So rental seems like a stupid idea.
:dat: for my last bound I almost rented an M2 from a :manuel: there's like a 50 miles a day limit (getting home to skyline drive is more than that), but I'd have to pay another 40-50 bucks to have the unlimited mileage. You gotta dig deep, I found a few who will just do unlimited mileage as an only option, but obviously from bland cheap cars :doe:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.