Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

This is what the rental has. It's a pretty baller interior. So much brighter than a gloomy black cave interior. Seats also stay noticeably cooler when its parked in the sun.

The only questionable bit is the off-white steering wheel. It's already showing signs of staining. Maybe just needs to be cleaned.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

City life can be rough sometimes. Sorry to hear about the STI. :(
Johnny_P

HerrBerlin wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:50 pm City life can be rough sometimes. Sorry to hear about the STI. :(
Thanks bud. It'll be a sad day when I sell it. I love the car, but the living situation isn't doing it any favors.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:27 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:23 pm

So you're just going to sit in dog hair because it's ok since you can't see it :thisisfine:

:lol:
It gets everywhere my bro. I don't keep it zilspec. I get rid of standing debris and vacuum occasionally. If I "cared that much" I'd have to full vac the entire car every time I take her somewhere.

Anyways. Main reason for light interior is just because I want one. Not necessarily because of the dog. :wrong:
When are you actually gonna go car shopping ? Curious since you've talked about it well over a year now. You should check out some small jeeps also. They have epic money on the hood but Jeep cycles the models on and off the discounts so timing may be key here.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Light interiors are 5/7. I hope to get one someday.
max225

https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2019/01/ ... hics-2019/

This is interesting... contrary to forum belief it seems that a lot of "rich" people are actually new cars buyers... However the sub 50k ranks in the :truk: lands at 37% is insane... and that's HOUSEHOLD. Two financially inept fuckers buying NEW trucks... 37% make less than 50k... like .... :mindblown:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

I know you don't like it but you just said CX5. Although I think a light interior is a mistake. Especially with :doge: life.
Dog has white hair. I should probably look for leather or pleather interior too. So much easier to keep clean.

I’m sick of black interiors. The van has these :jizz: colored seats and uppers that are so much happier than just blacked out.

An AWD Chrysler 300 would be rad. Still pretty big. I guess a GC is about the same size overall but more betterer.
The Jeep is about a foot shorter IIRC, and should be easier to park due to the rear window being near the rear of the vehicle. The Jeep has a better base stereo than the 300 too, but will cost more for comparable trims.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:55 pm

It gets everywhere my bro. I don't keep it zilspec. I get rid of standing debris and vacuum occasionally. If I "cared that much" I'd have to full vac the entire car every time I take her somewhere.

Anyways. Main reason for light interior is just because I want one. Not necessarily because of the dog. :wrong:
When are you actually gonna go car shopping ? Curious since you've talked about it well over a year now. You should check out some small jeeps also. They have epic money on the hood but Jeep cycles the models on and off the discounts so timing may be key here.
When I get the STI back I think. Not sure when that'll happen, every week it's "we need another week."
But this week its being painted. Christmas / New Year week... I'm sure it'll be a top quality job :yeahok:
Probably will need another week to detail it.
And then I'll likely travel to houston again for reasons.

End of January I bet.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:57 pm Light interiors are 5/7. I hope to get one someday.
Yeah! My trucks were gray, and tan. My Focus was gray. GTI was black :datass: STI is black :datass: and now I'm over it. It's noticeably hotter inside the car in the summer and I cannot tolerate heat at all, so I'd strongly prefer a light interior in the next car.

GTI (cloth) and STI (leather) I sit down in the seat and I'm sweating in 5 minutes. Back sweat. Horrible. I sit in the Cmax which has beige leather and it's :notbad: at all.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:55 pm

When I get the STI back I think. Not sure when that'll happen, every week it's "we need another week."
But this week its being painted. Christmas / New Year week... I'm sure it'll be a top quality job :yeahok:

End of January I bet.
They tend to have leftover sales around then or wait till March... the sti should be a really simple 24/25k trade into carmax
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Dog has white hair. I should probably look for leather or pleather interior too. So much easier to keep clean.

I’m sick of black interiors. The van has these :jizz: colored seats and uppers that are so much happier than just blacked out.

An AWD Chrysler 300 would be rad. Still pretty big. I guess a GC is about the same size overall but more betterer.
The Jeep is about a foot shorter IIRC, and should be easier to park due to the rear window being near the rear of the vehicle. The Jeep has a better base stereo than the 300 too, but will cost more for comparable trims.
Wonder when they're going to update these. The 200 had a nicer interior than the 300 by a long shot. GC has had a few refreshes but man. These have been limping along with a couple facelifts but it's freakin time for a full do-over.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:50 pm

End of January I bet.
They tend to have leftover sales around then or wait till March... the sti should be a really simple 24/25k trade into carmax
Yeah that's about what I hope to get for it. All in, not bad ownership overall. Most reliable and dependable car I've ever owned, it's been great in that regard. I'd buy another.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:40 pm Image

This is what the rental has. It's a pretty baller interior. So much brighter than a gloomy black cave interior. Seats also stay noticeably cooler when its parked in the sun.

The only questionable bit is the off-white steering wheel. It's already showing signs of staining. Maybe just needs to be cleaned.
my 2004 TSX had tan interior, not off white but boring beige, and I wasn't sure if its the quality of the leather, but on the left side bolster area on the bottom has blue stains due to wearing jeans and I recall watching videos of the similar issue.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:57 pm Light interiors are 5/7. I hope to get one someday.
Yeah! My trucks were gray, and tan. My Focus was gray. GTI was black :datass: STI is black :datass: and now I'm over it. It's noticeably hotter inside the car in the summer and I cannot tolerate heat at all, so I'd strongly prefer a light interior in the next car.

GTI (cloth) and STI (leather) I sit down in the seat and I'm sweating in 5 minutes. Back sweat. Horrible. I sit in the Cmax which has beige leather and it's :notbad: at all.
I dealt with 7 years of black interior and all the cars I wanted come only with black, :butwhy: and :whocares: if it looks cool
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:23 pm

So you're just going to sit in dog hair because it's ok since you can't see it :thisisfine:

:lol:

The Mrs's H has a light grey leather interior. :aintcare: about the leather, but the light color is :megusta: .
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

The Mrs's H has a light grey leather interior. :aintcare: about the leather, but the light color is :megusta: .
Not her car but this is her H interior.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

+1 on wife unit beige/light interior. It is uplifting and I'm ready for a non-black interior on whatever next car I get too.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 pm
wap wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Yeah thats pretty ideal I think.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:26 pm
wap wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Curious to see how it feels in the summer, but the :knot: whistlers should help a bunch, too.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:26 pm

Curious to see how it feels in the summer, but the :knot: whistlers should help a bunch, too.
Only experience with those was on a Mazda CX5 test drive with [user not found]. They were very :megusta:

Actually I think the wondervan has them. Will try out if it warms up.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm

Only experience with those was on a Mazda CX5 test drive with [user not found]. They were very :megusta:

In4impressions.

We've got about 6 months before we can use ours.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I've been running the Escalade with the heat on + :knot: whistlers. Much :megusta:. You stay warm without getting sticky back and sweaty ass
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:32 am

I've been running the Escalade with the heat on + :knot: whistlers. Much :megusta:. You stay warm without getting sticky back and sweaty ass
Interesting.
H recommends only running the whistlers with the AC running, for some reason.

Also, forgot to mention that the car also has steering wheel heater. It gets VERY hot, :doe: so it's only usable for a few minutes.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:18 pm

Interesting.

Also, forgot to mention that the car also has steering wheel heater. It gets VERY hot, :doe: so it's only usable for a few minutes.
Wondervan wheel is the same. After 2 minutes my hands are sweating and it’s not fun anymore. Much better to just let it warm up naturally. If I lived in Сибирь I might think differently.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:18 pm

Interesting.

The Cadillac sucks air away from you I'm fairly certain so I don't think the AC matters. Maybe the Sonata blows?