First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Wait, is Johnny going to be a dad?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:50 am Wait, is Johnny going to be a dad?
Daddy Wastebucks
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:12 am
Daddy Wastebucks
:ohdang:

Congrats Johnny!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:44 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:42 am
It is quite spacious in 168” that’s the key here.
Right. Smaller vehicle overall less cargo space is expected. Strollers and kid shit take up an assload of space.
You can 100% do the dad thing in a GTI with only one kid. A stroller for one kid isn't that big and comfortably fits in the hatch, and at most you'll really just need that and a diaper bag. The infant seat can go in the middle, so you don't really have to worry about it interfering with the front seats until the kiddo is in a convertible. You'll want to go in one of the outside positions at that point, which makes leg room in the back seat a consideration. My wife is only 5'6" and doesn't much like riding in my car with the rear-facing convertible behind her. The passenger seat is pretty damn far forward and can't be leaned back very much.

A small SUV isn't really much different from the GTI as far as interior space, the front passenger seat in her RDX had to be kept pretty far forward too, although it offered a bit more space than the GTI does. More room behind the seats for road tripping, though, for sure. Overnight bags, pack and play for the little dude to sleep in, etc. You're not fitting all of that in the GTI, but you could in the STi.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:25 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:44 am

Right. Smaller vehicle overall less cargo space is expected. Strollers and kid shit take up an assload of space.
You can 100% do the dad thing in a GTI with only one kid. A stroller for one kid isn't that big and comfortably fits in the hatch, and at most you'll really just need that and a diaper bag. The infant seat can go in the middle, so you don't really have to worry about it interfering with the front seats until the kiddo is in a convertible. You'll want to go in one of the outside positions at that point, which makes leg room in the back seat a consideration. My wife is only 5'6" and doesn't much like riding in my car with the rear-facing convertible behind her. The passenger seat is pretty damn far forward and can't be leaned back very much.

A small SUV isn't really much different from the GTI as far as interior space, the front passenger seat in her RDX had to be kept pretty far forward too, although it offered a bit more space than the GTI does. More room behind the seats for road tripping, though, for sure. Overnight bags, pack and play for the little dude to sleep in, etc. You're not fitting all of that in the GTI, but you could in the STi.
:like: thanks for the insight my man!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I do two kids with a GTI sized car but its tight, surely a STI works too.

I love DFD, an expecting dad of his first child, single guy, and a dude with both :jeep: and :truk: are making it clear that I'm :wrong: haha.

See what happens in the future, I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to "wait and see" what life brings before making car moves especially with a bun in the oven. :wrong:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:19 pm I do two kids with a GTI sized car but its tight, surely a STI works too.

I love DFD, an expecting dad of his first child, single guy, and a dude with both :jeep: and :truk: are making it clear that I'm :wrong: haha.

See what happens in the future, I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to "wait and see" what life brings before making car moves especially with a bun in the oven. :wrong:
I’m not saying you’re :wrong: but you don’t need a gigantor car because of :baby:

Then again, it’s been made perfectly clear that I’m the worst parent on DFD so take my word with a serving of :salt:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:19 pm I do two kids with a GTI sized car but its tight, surely a STI works too.

I’m not saying you’re :wrong: but you don’t need a gigantor car because of :baby:

Then again, it’s been made perfectly clear that I’m the worst parent on DFD so take my word with a serving of :salt:
You did get a giant :truk: anyway, so you're doubly :wrong:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 pm
Apex wrote:

You did get a giant :truk: anyway, so you're doubly :wrong:
And I can fit everything for a road trip for the family and both dogs inside the cab. Clearly I need to kill myself.
Johnny_P

If I’m getting a different car anyway I’m getting one that I think will work best for me. :iono: wasn’t saying you’re wrong.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

*nods in wündervan*
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:52 pm *nods in wündervan*
The real Bennie here is it doubles as a street parked motorcycle garage. Just put the moto inside and it’s locked and out of the weather 🥰
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:56 pm
The real Bennie here is it doubles as a street parked motorcycle garage. Just put the moto inside and it’s locked and out of the weather 🥰
Could fit a couple groms in the back with the child seat in the second row. Or a full size bike next to the child. It really is damn near unbeatable. With the light colored interior you could easily identify any dripping fluids.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:41 pm

If I’m getting a different car anyway I’m getting one that I think will work best for me. :iono: wasn’t saying you’re wrong.
I'm just being a drama queen, I'm betting a little bigger works better. Look forward to seeing what you get, would wait on seeing how a STi+kid works for you. I do the R thing as you know, and it works but yesterday we were out and about with it as a foursome and shit was rammed into every corner and we were stepping on boxes of leftovers.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
The real Bennie here is it doubles as a street parked motorcycle garage. Just put the moto inside and it’s locked and out of the weather Image
Now you're thinking!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:26 pm

I was thinking about it some more, and a slightly longer sportwagen type thing or larger is comfortable. A touch more width for those with the room to park etc. The extra trunk space is :nice:

How did you get worst parent status? In4 #worstparentcontest #worstforummembercontest2020
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:12 am
Daddy Wastebucks
:lolol: :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm

I was thinking about it some more, and a slightly longer sportwagen type thing or larger is comfortable. A touch more width for those with the room to park etc. The extra trunk space is :nice:

How did you get worst parent status? In4 #worstparentcontest #worstforummembercontest2020
We're certainly overdue for a worstforummember contest.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Oh man it’s been a while for that
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:11 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Yup!

Many lulz were had, too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:19 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:11 pm

Yup!

Many lulz were had, too.
There were a lot of lulz and a few tears along the way too.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:57 am
wap wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Yup!

Many lulz were had, too.
No pain, no gain.
wap

Or, if you prefer, no butthurt, no :lolol: 'z
Johnny_P

Shame the Outback is kind of a turd. Wagons are cool. A Saab 9-5 turbo would be rad.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:14 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:57 am

Tears, or tears?

:knot:
Both.

:zing: