Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:52 am

They’re still pretty slow. Like 8 seconds to 60 or something. I dunno. I didn’t hate the last gen forester’s acceleration with the base motor.

[user not found] has one on his lot. Debating heading up to look at it. Not the colors I want but it’s a good price and being sold by a good dude.
:dillerman: we can change the seat color :dillerman:
best I can do it brown

:poop:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:06 am

All it costs is a broken promise for a 6pack!
I can do one better. A broken promise for a 4-pack from a very good microbrewery local to me that retails for $20.
:badass.jpeg:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

$20 for 4 beers... they better be a liter each.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm $20 for 4 beers... they better be a liter each.
Right?
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:42 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm $20 for 4 beers... they better be a liter each.
Right?
One things for certain, :crang: never would have spent that much....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fucking :crang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

@JP

Elsewhere in the line, Hyundai teased the 2021 Elantra a few days ago with talk of "sports sedan roots," phrasing that made many, including us, look askance. The "sports sedan" part could become accurate at least, KCB reporting that the Elantra will get a proper N Performance version. Right now, the closest that model gets is the Elantra GT N-Line hatchback, the sedan making do with the an Elantra Sport trim. That Elantra N Performance model brings the customary 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder offering 275 hp and 260 lb-ft. Shifting options globally should include both the eight-speed DCT and six-speed manual, but we'll see if the manual makes it to our market. The Elantra Sport will give way to an Elantra N
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Your dct Civic Si is right here. The badge is just leaning to the right.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/231168488
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:26 am Your dct Civic Si is right here. The badge is just leaning to the right.

I rented an Elantra with the 2.slow and it was fine. Quiet and comfy ride. Slow as balls. Great on gas. Great transmission. Huge inside. Would a sportier version work? I dunno. I guess. Probably. It only needed more power, that was it. Er, and a better gauge cluster that wasn't so straining at night, and head lights.

I hear bad things about reliability of the H/K 1.6T+DCT combo. If I were getting one of these I'd get the better looking pre-refresh one with the cool 6-pack tail lights, or just wait it out for the next gen and buy new for that long ass warranty (that doesn't transfer to second owner). New car tho. :disgust:

Also.... this is $2k more than a brand new GLI. I don't like VW.... but that would make more sense.

Sporty car though :disgust: I kinda want a rocket couch.
Johnny_P

Like this is CPO and $16k with only 12k miles...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 am Like this is CPO and $16k with only 12k miles...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
I like the looks of this gen better tbh, but the warranty thing is why I linked to a new one. I'm sure smaller :ramz: would fit too for more cush.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:26 am Your dct Civic Si is right here. The badge is just leaning to the right.

I rented an Elantra with the 2.slow and it was fine. Quiet and comfy ride. Slow as balls. Great on gas. Great transmission. Huge inside. Would a sportier version work? I dunno. I guess. Probably. It only needed more power, that was it. Er, and a better gauge cluster that wasn't so straining at night, and head lights.

I hear bad things about reliability of the H/K 1.6T+DCT combo. If I were getting one of these I'd get the better looking pre-refresh one with the cool 6-pack tail lights, or just wait it out for the next gen and buy new for that long ass warranty (that doesn't transfer to second owner). New car tho. :disgust:

Also.... this is $2k more than a brand new GLI. I don't like VW.... but that would make more sense.

Maybe it's from five years in the Bang Bus, but I found the Elantra power to be perfectly adequate. Accidentally went 100+ on LA freeways multiple times and still got like 39 MPG. Pretty good car.

Now the prior gen... I once drove that flat out from Las Vegas to Phoenix and the top speed was basically between 105-120 depending on grade. That car could've benefited from more powah.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am

Maybe it's from five years in the Bang Bus, but I found the Elantra power to be perfectly adequate. Accidentally went 100+ on LA freeways multiple times and still got like 39 MPG. Pretty good car.

Now the prior gen... I once drove that flat out from Las Vegas to Phoenix and the top speed was basically between 105-120 depending on grade. That car could've benefited from more powah.
Yeah the one I had cruised at 80 no problem, it was really quiet so it was easy to have the speed creep up on you. Just taking off from a stop it felt slow.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 am

They’re still pretty slow. Like 8 seconds to 60 or something. I dunno. I didn’t hate the last gen forester’s acceleration with the base motor.

[user not found] has one on his lot. Debating heading up to look at it. Not the colors I want but it’s a good price and being sold by a good dude.
Sold on Wednesday morning. Sorry bruv.
Last car sold for the year if the media keeps this up and people continue to freak out. Save that commission money, you'll need it for 3 squares of toilet paper. :shock:
Johnny_P

Thats ok. Did you end up driving it ever? Wondering if they're a hot pile of poo or if they're acceptable for farting around. How they'd compare to your JGC.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:22 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 am

Last car sold for the year if the media keeps this up and people continue to freak out. Save that commission money, you'll need it for 3 squares of toilet paper. :shock:
Thankfully I'm not commission anymore.

My income will take a hit, but I'll still get paid.
:nice:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 am

:mahtroy: welcome back ! 2020 was great for forum returns but shit for everything else.

Did you get anything else ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tots on these? Reg is probably just fine, 32mpg combined.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... 257992705/
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:44 pm Tots on these? Reg is probably just fine, 32mpg combined.

Nah. Nice cars but I’d rather have the far less complex 328/330i. No way would I want to maintain a BMW hybrid. Plus RWD means the two sets of wheels pointless dance.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh I thought they were AWD. Whoops
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:27 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:44 pm Tots on these? Reg is probably just fine, 32mpg combined.

Nah. Nice cars but I’d rather have the far less complex 328/330i. No way would I want to maintain a BMW hybrid. Plus RWD means the two sets of wheels pointless dance.
xdrive 340i does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds with launch :doit: get the old man spec with around 15k and your golden. My (former)VW buddy got his f30 340i rwd with $24k and had 27k miles. Only problem is that light ass steering.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:27 pm

xdrive 340i does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds with launch :doit: get the old man spec with around 15k and your golden. My (former)VW buddy got his f30 340i rwd with $24k and had 27k miles. Only problem is that light ass steering.
I'd be fine with the base motor in the 3 series, more than quick enough for me.
I tried looking through a forum to see if the F30 requires premium but that gave me cancer so I gave up. Fucking bimmer forums are awful :disgust:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:43 pm

I tried looking through a forum to see if the F30 requires premium but that gave me cancer so I gave up. Fucking bimmer forums are awful :disgust:
W// brakes on da calipers
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

You have several BMW owners here. 89 seems to be the minimum for a non M car. But surely you can run the donkey P in there as well. And +100000 on BMW forums pretty pointless douchebadgebaggery
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

most leasee will probably put 87 anyway. It won't exactly destroy the car to get 240 hp advertised by BMW themselves. BMW forums are just..... douches, like which Rolex did you sport driving your 3 series today. A few of my VW friends switched to BMW's, and they suggested me to join an anti-bmw bmw club fb group. I swear some people were butthurt that they didn't get some of my sarcasm and masturbate their keyboard warrior anger at me.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.