Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 pm
I believe the conversation started as a form factor, not as a what is "fun". I was just making an argument that a hatchback makes sense for someone looking to maximize space. It is far more effective use of space over a sedan.
Well, yes a 328i wagon form factor would be more useful than a sedan, but there are very few cars in that form factor. You either get a small hatch like a Golf that is less practical than a 328i sedan to me, or you get Seppuku accelerant Rav4, CRV, etc.

So given vehicles that are actually available to purchase in this country, sedans offer the most practicality for a parent who cares about driving.
I should just get a regular 4 cyl rav4 for $15k and drive off into the sunset with my dog in the back and my bike on the roof. After stopping at bestbuy to have a high school kid put a bazooka tube in the trunk.
Johnny_P

Anyone know what the failure points are on the F30 328/330i xdrives? I see a lot of wheels and tires being replaced in the carfox statements.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm Anyone know what the failure points are on the F30 328/330i xdrives? I see a lot of wheels and tires being replaced in the carfox statements.
These are :derp: central vehicles. Overall they seem solid through 100k miles but little is known loooong term as they are not that old yet.

Nate supposedly needed brakes way earlier than any of my F gen cars. Also needed engine wiring harnesses due to “rodents”.

I don’t think anything else breaks ... tires suck on these 20-30 for oem run shits. I have no idea on wheels I rolled on dubs and I was fine most 3xx models come with 17s which should not break
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm Anyone know what the failure points are on the F30 328/330i xdrives? I see a lot of wheels and tires being replaced in the carfox statements.
Not an expert on the XDrives by any means... on mine the staggered setup means you can't rotate :225: . My front :225: from 2014 when the car was new are still on and are likely due for replacement pretty soon at 30K miles (they're some Conti run-flat summer tires that suck). Rears were replaced due to a flat at around 25K miles but still had plenty of tread.

The motor is pretty reliable and low maintenance. There is some turbo pipe that's plastic that is known to break sometimes according to forumbruhs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I haven't had any issues with my 18" wheels and with the Conti sport all seasons I put on the rear it's definitely better overall than the runfucks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My brakes still show as having a ton of life left on the computer as well.. maybe Nate Dogg is activating the brake vectoring a lot or something?
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:54 pm I haven't had any issues with my 18" wheels and with the Conti sport all seasons I put on the rear it's definitely better overall than the runfucks.
Ah yeah. Run flats. I guess I have triple A now so who cares. Lack of a spare is... a little concerning since I’m always at construction sites. Nails are common.

I’m just surprised at the amount of wheels that need replacing. I’d say 1/4 of the cars have had one or multiple wheels replaced per the car foxes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:54 pm I haven't had any issues with my 18" wheels and with the Conti sport all seasons I put on the rear it's definitely better overall than the runfucks.
Ah yeah. Run flats. I guess I have triple A now so who cares. Lack of a spare is... a little concerning since I’m always at construction sites. Nails are common.

I’m just surprised at the amount of wheels that need replacing. I’d say 1/4 of the cars have had one or multiple wheels replaced per the car foxes.
I think it's just a combination of shit roads, :derp: and some of the BMWs being equipped with factory dubs.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 pm

I think it's just a combination of shit roads, :derp: and some of the BMWs being equipped with factory dubs.
I'm amazed I haven't destroyed one of the STI 18s yet, tbh
Johnny_P

Like that's pretty ideal I guess. Aside from the all black ballsweat special interior. Sport seats and paddles. 17s. LEDz. Acceptable miles.
Johnny_P

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

Documented oil changes on the fox. Baseball glove leather. Hardon Kardon sound system and memory seats too.

max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:53 pm
Not an expert on the XDrives by any means... on mine the staggered setup means you can't rotate :225: . My front :225: from 2014 when the car was new are still on and are likely due for replacement pretty soon at 30K miles (they're some Conti run-flat summer tires that suck). Rears were replaced due to a flat at around 25K miles but still had plenty of tread.

The motor is pretty reliable and low maintenance. There is some turbo pipe that's plastic that is known to break sometimes according to forumbruhs.
You're essentially confirming my guestimates :impressive:

X drive cars have :225: all around
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

Documented oil changes on the fox. Baseball glove leather. Hardon Kardon sound system and memory seats too.

This is alright... But who is "certifying" this vehicle. These cars are ok... I mean you get the badge and the styling but that's it. Nothing fun about this particular vehicle and some repairs are anticipated since it is 4 years and 50k miles old which means it is fresh out of warranty. But it will certainly be more unique and fun than a Camry/Rav 4. But just as certainly more of a headache.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

This is alright... But who is "certifying" this vehicle. These cars are ok... I mean you get the badge and the styling but that's it. Nothing fun about this particular vehicle and some repairs are anticipated since it is 4 years and 50k miles old which means it is fresh out of warranty. But it will certainly be more unique and fun than a Camry/Rav 4. But just as certainly more of a headache.
Well its a much nicer vehicle overall. Better sound system than any of those budget crossovers, much faster, potentially more comfortable. Features like auto memory seats would be great because Lisa is a lot shorter than me.
max225

I don't know about comfort. I find toyotas more comfortable than BMWs.... the ride quality which you seem to be really keen on is not there on something like that compared to a toyota on 16" balloon tires.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Really really like that spec. :impressive:

I could see the wife loving that.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fucking lol. Someone should be fired for letting that be a price listed.

$123k for a 330i.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Found a sim spec 328i wagon in Tx for half miles and -1 year + certified for $38k.

That seems like a good deal up north.
max225

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am Found a sim spec 328i wagon in Tx for half miles and -1 year + certified for $38k.

This is m3 pricing what the actual fuck
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am Found a sim spec 328i wagon in Tx for half miles and -1 year + certified for $38k.

Nobody wants the D. I mean it’s not even brown and manual.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 am

This is m3 pricing what the actual fuck
They know what they have
max225

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I like the interior colors a lot... normally hate the wood but it's OK here and the seats look great. Those particular seats are bar none the best I've had in any vehicle for daily use. The support is super comfy, they are really adjustable and hold you in nicely for hooning.

I disagree with Max on the suspension, I find mine is perfect for DD, sporty enough to be fun, but still quite compliant. This is all relative :doe: , it is anus shattering to some. I think it is a really nice blend of comfort/semi-fun for a daily.

That said, for what you're looking for, the Japanese Camry may be the better choice :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm I don't know about comfort. I find toyotas more comfortable than BMWs.... the ride quality which you seem to be really keen on is not there on something like that compared to a toyota on 16" balloon tires.
I think Johnny is referring to seat comfort. Ive been in a few Japanese cars that isn't a Lexus, even an Acura the seats are almost rock hard as far as I can feel it on my back. I have gotten some :nice: compliments on my mk7 seats

John :doit: and I'd also look at indie shops too, which I don't doubt that is a problem.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

:neat: but likely the worst possible pick for me.