Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm Either way man, that really sucks.
:dat:

I'm in a :rage: up here just from seeing that shit.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

More review. A pillar is dented and paint missing. Bet it was a motorcycle. At least the fuckface hit his head.
Johnny_P

And from the tread blocks on the door I’d bet a knobby tire dirt bike.

None of this matters, but at least it's more of a picture that there's no way in hell I'm responsible for this. So my insurance shouldn't rise because of it. But I don't know what happens with A pillar denting. If that's more of a serious issue or not.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:37 pm a key wouldnt dent it like that. Drunk bike or motorcycle. Final answer.
:dat:
Johnny_P

I give up. Literally anything would get damaged from something like this. No Jeep or truck or 4R or whatever would be immune to a drunk motorcycle hit.

I fucking hate people so much. Take some ownership of your stupid acts. Man the fuck up and leave a note. I'd be 500x cooler about this if there was a note and the dude was legitimately sorry. But finding rogue damage to my car when I only went over to it to see if i could adjust the seat for more comfort is :rage: as f. But this is America. This is par for the course in this goddamn country.

Surprisingly, this isn't the worst damage I've found on one of my cars. My GTI had a HUGE dent in the rear quarter panel from something unknown, its bumper got cheese gratered by a lifted F150 that when I called him out on it he actually called me and denied doing it. And before that happened, it got backed into by some truck and the entire left front corner of the bumper got destroyed.

Lisa's car had a ladder fall on it last year. She got it repaired under her insurance after the lady's homeowners insurance company (from the UK) ghosted her. She's out $500 deductible and never getting that back. Just the other day I noticed a big dent on her hood where some fuck face was loading/unloading whatever and slammed it into her car. No note of course.

You literally cannot have anything nice here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 pm I give up. Literally anything would get damaged from something like this. No Jeep or truck or 4R or whatever would be immune to a drunk motorcycle hit.

I fucking hate people so much. Take some ownership of your stupid acts. Man the fuck up and leave a note. I'd be 500x cooler about this if there was a note and the dude was legitimately sorry. But finding rogue damage to my car when I only went over to it to see if i could adjust the seat for more comfort is :rage: as f. But this is America. This is par for the course in this goddamn country.

Surprisingly, this isn't the worst damage I've found on one of my cars. My GTI had a HUGE dent in the rear quarter panel from something unknown, its bumper got cheese gratered by a lifted F150 that when I called him out on it he actually called me and denied doing it. And before that happened, it got backed into by some truck and the entire left front corner of the bumper got destroyed.

Lisa's car had a ladder fall on it last year. She got it repaired under her insurance after the lady's homeowners insurance company (from the UK) ghosted her. She's out $500 deductible and never getting that back. Just the other day I noticed a big dent on her hood where some fuck face was loading/unloading whatever and slammed it into her car. No note of course.

You literally cannot have anything nice here.
Yea unfortunately it is just city life. Dense populations result in full on :rage: People are assholes.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 pmYou literally cannot have anything nice here.
Yea unfortunately it is just city life. Dense populations result in full on :rage: People are assholes.
I've never dealt with a dented A pillar. Is this a big problem? A pillars are part of the crash structure. It's thick metal up there. That fucker hit his head HARD.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 pm

I've never dealt with a dented A pillar. Is this a big problem? A pillars are part of the crash structure. It's thick metal up there. That fucker hit his head HARD.
Maybe he is in the hospital ? That looks like a pretty serious crash maybe it was motorcycle or scooter ? I would look around it couldn’t have gone far ....
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 pm Yea unfortunately it is just city life. Dense populations result in full on :rage: People are assholes.
The part that's dented isn't usually load-bearing AFAIK.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 pm Image

None of this matters, but at least it's more of a picture that there's no way in hell I'm responsible for this. So my insurance shouldn't rise because of it. But I don't know what happens with A pillar denting. If that's more of a serious issue or not.
Yep looks to be a motorcycle accident I doubt a bike would go THAT fast... U could really use a Model 3 with sentry mode... It basically records everything around it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4Ttjjwcl0
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Yep looks to be a motorcycle accident I doubt a bike would go THAT fast... U could really use a Model 3 with sentry mode... It basically records everything around it.
Sentry mode doesn't matter to me, it doesn't prevent it from happening in the first place. That's what I'm after. To never have to deal with any of this horseshit. I really wish I didn't have to own a car. I'm serious about that. I'd love to just never give a fuck and take public transit to center city and all that.
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:58 pm
Sentry mode doesn't matter to me, it doesn't prevent it from happening in the first place. That's what I'm after. To never have to deal with any of this horseshit. I really wish I didn't have to own a car. I'm serious about that. I'd love to just never give a fuck and take public transit to center city and all that.
What you need is a Quinceanera Party Bus.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Mahtroy rollin up in that Detroit rolls Royce :mahman:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:10 pm
Mahtroy rollin up in that Detroit rolls Royce :mahman:
There at least 3 stereotypes in that video
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:24 pm

That's common but it's usually a rub mark or a handful of straight lines. This wiggly shit is very much like it got keyed but with how the panel is dented I doubt that was the case.
there's no way that can be dented by just being keyed, so I could've thought bike or scooters, but the handle bars are usually higher. I think a front end swing may probably be the best way on how it happened to begin with, most likely a real SUV.
Looks to me like it could have been a flatbed/workbox truck and hitting the brakes/gas really makes them move up/down.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:35 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm

there's no way that can be dented by just being keyed, so I could've thought bike or scooters, but the handle bars are usually higher. I think a front end swing may probably be the best way on how it happened to begin with, most likely a real SUV.
Looks to me like it could have been a flatbed/workbox truck and hitting the brakes/gas really makes them move up/down.
Flatbed dying :burnout: attempts. :impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Maybe it was a mini bike.

Not like it really matters. :(

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

I need to stop caring about my car in this city. Or get a car I literally do not care about at all.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 pm I need to stop caring about my car in this city. Or get a car I literally do not care about at all.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case... or you need to move/move your car to a more secure location. Parking where you park doesn't seem safe.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sorry this happened to your car man, it would be decent if the asshat at least left a note and really should pay for the damages. :sad:

My wife's bumper got raped recently by someone pulling out of a parking spot and cutting in too early. She was parking at a mall, no note or anything so we are on the hook for it out of pocket or have to put in a claim which is never my first choice.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:36 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:11 am Sorry this happened to your car man, it would be decent if the asshat at least left a note and really should pay for the damages. :sad:

My wife's bumper got raped recently by someone pulling out of a parking spot and cutting in too early. She was parking at a mall, no note or anything so we are on the hook for it out of pocket or have to put in a claim which is never my first choice.
I never understand the fear of making a claim for damage that is clearly not your fault.

You pay for insurance. Use it.
Do that a couple times and see how fast you get dropped by your insurance company.

These days they can't wait to increase your premium or drop you if you even use your benefit you pay for.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:39 am Do that a couple times and see how fast you get dropped by your insurance company.

These days they can't wait to increase your premium or drop you if you even use your benefit you pay for.
My opinion still stands.
It's cheaper and easier to self-insure and only carry the minimum legally required insurance, isn't it?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 pm I need to stop caring about my car in this city. Or get a car I literally do not care about at all.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case... or you need to move/move your car to a more secure location. Parking where you park doesn't seem safe.
There are no options for me other than street parking. Parking where I park is what has to happen.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Insurance companies absolutely know you need them and have the position of power. If you get dropped you'll pay a higher fee with the next company for not currently having coverage.

Many of the companies I was getting quotes from wouldn't take the 911 because it was originally more than $75k and still worth more than that. This limits me to the big 3 or 4 companies if I want consolidated coverage, and crazy prices.

My rates are okay, good actually but when I got quotes if I switched I'd be paying 2x and 3x per month. Right now for all the cars it's $330/month.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 am

There are no options for me other than street parking. Parking where I park is what has to happen.
If you have to live that life and can't move I'd probably walk, bike, or brave mass transit. Always wondering if my car was getting raped wouldn't sit with me.