Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:56 pm JP do the Audis lease well? 2.broT quattro A3 with a roof rack seems like a pretty good compromise for you. Rear seat headroom sucks for adults but is fine for :doge:
I was actually just looking at Audi's website. Would be interested in an A4 I think, despite it's size. Maybe A5. They're kind of long though. A3 is a Golf with fake AWD, right? I dunno about that one. Then again the A4/5 is just an expensive VW. With hopefully better quality control.

A4/5 would be a sweet ride. Wonder how it handles Baghdad quality streets. I have no seat time in Audis. But it checks all the boxes aside from depreciation but :whocares: 7-DCT, powerful turbo motor, supposedly serene ride, doesn't totally fall on its face on a back road, quiet, good stereo, etc.
The newer A4/A5 is baller, just bigger and more money. It is a way better chassis and drivetrain than the A3 :doe:

The 2.0T A3 is pretty cool for what it is - quite quick too. MQB shit is a quantum leap up from our old MK6s which were largely the same as the MK5.
troyguitar

I think that you'll enjoy a :derp: CX5 for awhile and then get tired of it, same as the STI. A3/4/5 seems like a better goldilocks answer, especially if you :aintcare: about keeping it beyond a 3 yr lease.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm I think that you'll enjoy a :derp: CX5 for awhile and then get tired of it, same as the STI. A3/4/5 seems like a better goldilocks answer, especially if you :aintcare: about keeping it beyond a 3 yr lease.
:dat: :dat: Troy got da truth for all to see!!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm I think that you'll enjoy a :derp: CX5 for awhile and then get tired of it, same as the STI. A3/4/5 seems like a better goldilocks answer, especially if you :aintcare: about keeping it beyond a 3 yr lease.
Kind of my thought as well. As long as it can adequately deal with trashed roads. I had my GTI for 6 years, that's probably the realistic timeframe for the next vehicle I get.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:56 pm JP do the Audis lease well? 2.broT quattro A3 with a roof rack seems like a pretty good compromise for you. Rear seat headroom sucks for adults but is fine for :doge:
I was actually just looking at Audi's website. Would be interested in an A4 I think, despite it's size. Maybe A5. They're kind of long though. A3 is a Golf with fake AWD, right? I dunno about that one. Then again the A4/5 is just an expensive VW. With hopefully better quality control.

A4/5 would be a sweet ride. Wonder how it handles Baghdad quality streets. I have no seat time in Audis. But it checks all the boxes aside from depreciation but :whocares: 7-DCT, powerful turbo motor, supposedly serene ride, doesn't totally fall on its face on a back road, quiet, good stereo, etc.
A3 is a GTI with fake AWD
S3 is a Golf R
RS3 is :plaid:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Can confirm the MQB platform is :fuckyeah:

The car feels 5/7 :plaid: better than the MK6.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:47 pm

S3 is a Golf R
I told my pops that he should check out a RS3.

That was not helpful in his automotive conundrum he finds himself in now.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Kind of my thought as well. As long as it can adequately deal with trashed roads. I had my GTI for 6 years, that's probably the realistic timeframe for the next vehicle I get.
CPO MQB A3/A4. :notbad:

They're pretty cheap IIRC, too.
A4 is B9 with K04, bro.

IMO the 4-cylinder B-chassis cars are the way to go. Much better suspension (and AWD system) than the Golf stuff and not as much giant engine weight out in front of the front axles as you get in the 6+ cylinder (R)S cars.
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:47 pm

S3 is a Golf R

Honestly, it's a bit overpriced for what it is in terms of creature comforts and size. BUT, it is a goddamn hoot to drive. That car is so much fun.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Honestly, it's a bit overpriced for what it is in terms of creature comforts and size. BUT, it is a goddamn hoot to drive. That car is so much fun.
As jeremy said; well dressed, on time, sober and polite to a mother is an Audi, nobody wants to be his friend

Avoid bmw too, m3 drivers have no friends
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:06 pm
As jeremy said; well dressed, on time, sober and polite to a mother is an Audi, nobody wants to be his friend

RS3 is the Audi’s bastard cousin. :plaid:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:angrypanda:
Ya living a miserable life in my moms basement. No friends, nothing, just driving through the streets in my POS poser mobile that has no attributes other than a badge.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

A4s are pretty damn expensive. And as you mentioned depreciate like crazy. I don't see the point unless you own it for 10 years, and IMO an audi is a shit city car. Expensive parts/fucked bumpers, always dirty etc. It just doesn't make sense.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

The newer A4/A5 is baller, just bigger and more money. It is a way better chassis and drivetrain than the A3 :doe:

The 2.0T A3 is pretty cool for what it is - quite quick too. MQB shit is a quantum leap up from our old MK6s which were largely the same as the MK5.
A few weeks back we rented a brand new A4 from SilverCar when we were in Vegas. The new car is pretty damned nice. We don't have any A4's here in the fleet at work, they are all A7/S7s at this point. The wife loved it as well.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:28 pm

A4s are pretty damn expensive. And as you mentioned depreciate like crazy. I don't see the point unless you own it for 10 years, and IMO an audi is a shit city car. Expensive parts/fucked bumpers, always dirty etc. It just doesn't make sense.
Mid-30s CPO, but depreciate heavily. What "parts" are going to need attention on a car that drives 4k a year and is CPO? Crabon buildup would be it. Only a few inches longer than my rally car. Bumpers will get fucked on any car and cost about the same to replace regardless of make. My thin paint Subaru has no bumper issues after 1.5 years :iono:

The Audi/VW potential for expensive problems and the inevitable heavy depreciation are the two issues with the A4. First one can be somewhat mitigated, second can't unless you get a 20 year old car.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Do not want a jackhammer car. Want CUV thingy. But I hear the A4 rides really nicely so that's why it's being included in the discussion.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 pm
Do not want a jackhammer car. Want CUV thingy. But I hear the A4 rides really nicely so that's why it's being included in the discussion.
Q3? :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And I have to mention it because :koolaid: but the new Blazer can be had with a 3.6 V6, and it's a great engine. No boost :bs: to deal with.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 pm

:angrypanda:
Ya living a miserable life in my moms basement. No friends, nothing, just driving through the streets in my POS poser mobile that has no attributes other than a badge.
I was re saying what jeremy said about the m3. My uncle used to drive an m3, A nice wife, nice home, great job, big social life, from work, childhood, school, car scene.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:09 pm
Q3 is a Tiguan in snobby clothing.
Except with the trans i presume? Or cvt like the previous baesic a4’s
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Overpriced Tiguan :gag:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:15 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Except with the trans i presume? Or cvt like the previous baesic a4’s
Same 6-speed auto as the Tiggy.
:dat: reviews have not been kind to it, and rightfully so.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm And I have to mention it because :koolaid: but the new Blazer can be had with a 3.6 V6, and it's a great engine. No boost :bs: to deal with.
Yeah. Aren't they going to be rather large-ish?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm And I have to mention it because :koolaid: but the new Blazer can be had with a 3.6 V6, and it's a great engine. No boost :bs: to deal with.
Yeah. Aren't they going to be rather large-ish?
Ford Edge sized roughly. Which really isn't a bad size. Probably max for city lyfe :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm :rage:

Going into the end of the month Mazderp reduced the lease cash on the 3s. They bumped the residuals 5%, but I don't think it really counters the loss of lease cash.

$1500 out, NJ tax, Mazda3 Sport 4-door sedan w/Preferred Equipment package car is $245/mo.
Why would they do that at the end of the month? Makes little sense.