Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I guess something like that could still be on the table. Maybe a bit less excited about it though.

But yeah something that facilitates adventures and motivates me to use it would be good.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

GX470

V8
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:57 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:16 pm

I guess something like that could still be on the table. Maybe a bit less excited about it though.

But yeah something that facilitates adventures and motivates me to use it would be good.
Come drive the JK with 33s. :hubba:

It's pretty kampfy now.

JL is likely the best ticket, though. The 8-speed/3.6 combo in the Challenger I drove in Cali wowed me
We need to go play in the woods again. :hubba:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Come drive the JK with 33s. :hubba:

It's pretty kampfy now.

JL is likely the best ticket, though. The 8-speed/3.6 combo in the Challenger I drove in Cali wowed me
:gaydance:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

:gaydance:
Grab a T4R or Xterra or :jeep: and join in!
Johnny_P

Car has its first issue.

Clutch pedal is creaking when its depressed. Looking it up, seems there's a new pedal assembly that was designed because of this. Fully driveable, so its not a huge issue or anything, just creaking. So I guess I'll have to take care of that next week. And have them do the rear deck rattle and speaker grille rattle TSBs as well.

You guys trust dealers for alignments or nah?

They paved over some of the horrific lunar roads. The car drives totally fine on newer pavement. I wish south Jersey had its shit together with road maintenance.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:27 pm Car has its first issue.

Clutch pedal is creaking when its depressed. Looking it up, seems there's a new pedal assembly that was designed because of this. Fully driveable, so its not a huge issue or anything, just creaking. So I guess I'll have to take care of that next week. And have them do the rear deck rattle and speaker grille rattle TSBs as well.

They paved over some of the horrific lunar roads. The car drives totally fine on newer pavement. I wish south Jersey had its shit together with road maintenance.
Is this under warranty for crutch?

My bmw Dealer wanted $299 for an alignment. So I went with a performance shop and @99.99
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:27 pm Car has its first issue.

Is this under warranty for crutch?

My bmw Dealer wanted $299 for an alignment. So I went with a performance shop and @99.99
Clutch is fine. It’s just the pedal assembly.
Johnny_P

Random musings on a Monday morning when I'm too pissed at my new company to do "work" from home.

Drove the Cmax to Maine this weekend. It is a fucking champ. The shocks are blown on it, or on their way out, it "womps" over big road imperfections. So I'll need to get new ones. Not bad though, it has 90k on it, presumably all east coast driving so lunar surface. It's about time anyway.

45 MPG highway at 75 MPH :notbad:
60 MPG in "town" which many people call "city" driving 30-50 MPH.
50 MPG in "city"
All on donkey piss 87
In a car that can get to 60 in 8 flat and doesn't handle like a barge.
Good stereo.
Comfy super adjustable seats.

It's also quiet.
It also rattles. A LOT.

Anyways. The roads, in New York City area. Cross Bronx Expy.... holy FUCK that road is trashed. It's obliterated. GW bridge is $15 to cross now, where does that go? And 95? A disaster the whole way. 84 was a bit better coming home through CT but my God... they pave the fucking thing which is awesome but then they don't pave the bridges or transition them so you WOMP down onto the bridge and BANG off the bump stops going back onto the road. My car would have been a rage fest on this trip likely with a few flat or bubbled tires and a broken wheel. Not even lying.

Saw a bunch of Outbacks, and a handful of Volvo XC60s. I like them, a lot. I think I should look at those two for a new car when the time comes (i.e. job stability). An Outback would be great for a small family, bike rack or kayaks on top, doggie in back, kiddo in back, etc. Good in snow, rugged enough for a fire road. XC60 more on road oriented but still about the same size, nice inside, supposedly rides great, good engines, etc. I think those two are the ticket. Not quite MPG champs that the Cmax is, but as good or better road trippers, excellent for bombed out road conditions, Outback takes 87, both have plenty of power. Not thrilled with the 91 requirement on the Volvo T5/T6 engines.

I want to take more road trips like this one. Maine is incredible. It was 60F during the day up there, on the bay, fresh salt breeze and surrounded by trees so everything smelled awesome. Bad roads but whatever who cares you don't drive for fun up there you drive to get to places. Which is more in line with my desires anymore anyway.

:whocares:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I want to go to Maine badly. I wish I were closer.

I like the new Outback. Looks great, decent power, handles the lunar roads, would be a 5/7 adventure mobile.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Apex

Maine is definitely on my to visit list!

:jelly:

I’ll have to load up the :truk: with the fam next year and go.
Last edited by Apex on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:29 am I want to go to Maine badly. I wish I were closer.

I like the new Outback. Looks great, decent power, handles the lunar roads, would be a 5/7 adventure mobile.
It was a long drive. Would be worth flying as for you it's even longer.
ChrisoftheNorth

:drool:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:29 am I want to go to Maine badly. I wish I were closer.

Yea, we'd very likely fly. Need to take some time and make it happen. I've never been to the NE. Not even NY.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:34 am Image

Curious what were the food prices like ?

Great pics ! Yummy food. What’s not to like
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am
Curious what were the food prices like ?

Great pics ! Yummy food. What’s not to like
Kind of expensive. To be expected. Small towns, no real huge cities, minimal industry just fishing really, and a captive tourist audience. Lobster roll was about $18-22 depending on where you went. Beers were $6. I have no idea on the seamed lobster dinner as I didn't pay for that because wedding dinner. You could get a lunch for $15 in town though :iono:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:dat:

Hate the massive screen, but otherwise it looks like a damn good option. My friend's Crosstrek on the new global platform feels like a damn Audi from a nvh perspective. Take potholes and other imperfections completely NFG...it's pretty amazing. If the Outback feels like that but with some :balls: from the 2.4 turbo and more space in the back seat and cargo area, it'll be a winner for sure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

That Maine trip looks 5/7. I have a co-worker who lives in Boston and keeps telling me I need to get to Maine. Seems like my kind of vacation.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Hate the massive screen, but otherwise it looks like a damn good option. My friend's Crosstrek on the new global platform feels like a damn Audi from a nvh perspective. Take potholes and other imperfections completely NFG...it's pretty amazing. If the Outback feels like that but with some :balls: from the 2.4 turbo and more space in the back seat and cargo area, it'll be a winner for sure.
Yeah. I've been impressed with my friends Imprezas. They take corners great, my friends are retard drivers and the car handles anything they chuck at it last second. They soak up the road pretty well but the Crosstreks and such are supposedly better in that regard. The power is meh on them they're fine they get up to speed and all but they're not quick at all.... the Outback turbo would solve that.

I like the big screen. Or at least don't mind it. I think its worth looking into at least, and the outback 2.4T takes 87. That's becoming a bigger and bigger concern, the price gap just keeps widening. It was about $0.80 in Maine if the station even had premium, most just had 87.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:14 pm Maine has been on my list for 3 years now.

Just don't have the time. I wanna take a full week and do a big grand tour of New England.
We split the drive up, had 1.5 days in Camden Maine, 1 day long ass slog back. It was brutal. Would have enjoyed a few more days up that way to see Acadia NP.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Yeah. I've been impressed with my friends Imprezas. They take corners great, my friends are retard drivers and the car handles anything they chuck at it last second. They soak up the road pretty well but the Crosstreks and such are supposedly better in that regard. The power is meh on them they're fine they get up to speed and all but they're not quick at all.... the Outback turbo would solve that.

I like the big screen. Or at least don't mind it. I think its worth looking into at least, and the outback 2.4T takes 87. That's becoming a bigger and bigger concern, the price gap just keeps widening. It was about $0.80 in Maine if the station even had premium, most just had 87.
I think crosstranny is the perfect car for you. Maybe once they get a slightly better motor. On my Yosemite trip my friends wife has that thing ... and after driving in my m3 with the failed air conditioning, she stated that “I didn’t realize people drive cars without suspensions” when referring to the beema
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 am

Yea, we'd very likely fly. Need to take some time and make it happen. I've never been to the NE. Not even NY.
NY is like straight across Canada for you.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 am
I know. Still never been.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:27 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm
I know. Still never been.
That was a setup to get you to say NYC = NY

:hue:

You passed

:megusta: