Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:19 pm
dubshow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Very quality pieces. The billet center caps with orings to lock in are a nice touch along with nice metal valve stems.

I noticed a VERY few SUPER TINY blems in the mattish coating. Like dust spec on the inside of a spoke, but over all very nice.

The tire shop did knick 1 or 2 tiny spots on a face. I was pretty :flaccid: about that after paying $35/wheel and they were off the car... Didn't notice till I got home and rubbed the lube goop off.

The inner barrel clamp also left a divot in 1, meh... I try not to be SUPER anal about those things as it happens. I'll take the dslr out for some close ups and you can tell me if Im over reacting.

The coating is :notbad: for $10. Will see how it holds up.
Link to ceramic coating? Gonna hit my 18’s once I put them in storage. The brake dust is :ludacris:
I use mothers wheel cleaner
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote:
dubshow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm Very quality pieces. The billet center caps with orings to lock in are a nice touch along with nice metal valve stems.

I noticed a VERY few SUPER TINY blems in the mattish coating. Like dust spec on the inside of a spoke, but over all very nice.

The tire shop did knick 1 or 2 tiny spots on a face. I was pretty :flaccid: about that after paying $35/wheel and they were off the car... Didn't notice till I got home and rubbed the lube goop off.

The inner barrel clamp also left a divot in 1, meh... I try not to be SUPER anal about those things as it happens. I'll take the dslr out for some close ups and you can tell me if Im over reacting.

The coating is :notbad: for $10. Will see how it holds up.
I'd be a little pissed about the faces. The barrels there's not much you can do - seems most shops these days use the tire machines with the metal teeth that grip into the barrel.

I had a tire shop chip off the finish on my TD wheels I had for the R53 - about 2" long. Definitely triggered me because no other tire shop had damaged my wheels before. It's just tough to find places that give two shits anymore.

Let's see the pics.
See pics. 3 spots ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Maybe I missed it, but what size tire did you choose? 235/40?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

we require updates
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I missed all of these new ramz pics, Eric. The little baby Jesus, the Virgin Mary and all the saints bless you for removing those hideous Spielbergs and putting on some decent looking wheels.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 pm I missed all of these new ramz pics, Eric. The little baby Jesus, the Virgin Mary and all the saints bless you for removing those hideous Spielbergs and putting on some decent looking wheels.
:lol:

why thank you sir. It was a large purchase for my :scrooge: nature but the wheels have been fantastic. Light yet strong. Crossing fingers they continue to hold up to our poor road conditions.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:52 pm Maybe I missed it, but what size tire did you choose? 235/40?
I went with the 235/40. Its pretty good and just a hair smaller OD than the stock size for 19s. I will likely put 235/40s on the wifes 18s next purchase.

I kinda wanted 245/40 but that is getting too close to rubbing potential
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:25 pm we require updates
Updates huh?

Well the :gorf: is fantastic at daily dooty. I sometimes want to tuna it but really like the warranty. Its a perfect balance of commuter and sport with space to haul shit.

The plastic drain plug for oil is bullshit. I get it... they dont want :derps: able to strip plug in plastic pan, but a not threaded push lock that is one time use is rage inducing.
Its clear they expect you to bring the car to the :dillerman: for literally everything. Will have to buy that plug next service as I didnt read all the ends and outs for changing oil.

I changed oil a few weeks ago at 6k miles. Ran OEM castrol 5w40 syn. Will get the 2nd change analyzed. Im not sure if the diller will do the "first service free" on the new mk7.5 I remember the wifes mk6 had the first 3 oil changes included.

Will make a rabbit update thoon too. Cam ordered, to be tapped.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:20 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

Updates huh?

Well the :gorf: is fantastic at daily dooty. I sometimes want to tuna it but really like the warranty. Its a perfect balance of commuter and sport with space to haul shit.

The plastic drain plug for oil is bullshit. I get it... they dont want :derps: able to strip plug in plastic pan, but a not threaded push lock that is one time use is rage inducing.
Its clear they expect you to bring the car to the :dillerman: for literally everything. Will have to buy that plug next service as I didnt read all the ends and outs for changing oil.

I changed oil a few weeks ago at 6k miles. Ran OEM castrol 5w40 syn. Will get the 2nd change analyzed. Im not sure if the diller will do the "first service free" on the new mk7.5 I remember the wifes mk6 had the first 3 oil changes included.

Will make a rabbit update thoon too. Cam ordered, to be tapped.
Get an oil extractor, d00d.

With a top mount oil filter and an oil extractor, you could do an oil change in a 3-piece suit.
After ~10 years of service my extractor finally died. Will need to buy another.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

After ~10 years of service my extractor finally died. Will need to buy another.
I love 710 extraction. It's a wonderful thing.
who makes that one? ray ray bought the monster one after using mine from west marine. the 7L capacity is fine for my needs.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

figured I could update this. The rabbit has made decent progress. It should be starting very thoon.

Found a serious wtf on head while removing cams to get one tapped for the miata CAS.

Polished it out for a temp fix. Its only on that one journal.

Then i 3d printed a helpful bushing to use the correct throttle body with my 16v auto passat with TPMS TB.

Also am developing a bracket to fit the coils where the windshield reservoir used to be.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I also bought a busted up :truk:

Of course it was wrecked and the trans was shot. But it was cheap. 2014 GMC SLE with 127k miles. :alpo: Atleast the interior is :notbad:

New (reman'ed) 6l80e is on order. I tried LKQ but they shipped me a god damn 5.4 from a 2008 f150 yesterday, after giving me the run around and it showing up late. I had ordered a 20k mile used trans for $2450... They also dont know where that is. So cancelling/returning this short block they sent me.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 am Sweet, early yaris progress!

How long you expect that cam journal "quick fix" to last? Theoretically, I guess it could last forever... :pftch:

Hopefully it will encourage me to just finish my damn forged motor build. But i expect it to last for a few months. Being as it drove around all summer like that pretty well.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:19 am Hopefully it will encourage me to just finish my damn forged motor build.
:doit:

I still have a good bit of zinc plated 8.8 bolts.
Nothing like a little touch of gooooooold to spice up an engine bay.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 am I also bought a busted up :truk:

Of course it was wrecked and the trans was shot. But it was cheap. 2014 GMC SLE with 127k miles. :alpo: Atleast the interior is :notbad:

New (reman'ed) 6l80e is on order. I tried LKQ but they shipped me a god damn 5.4 from a 2008 f150 yesterday, after giving me the run around and it showing up late. I had ordered a 20k mile used trans for $2450... They also dont know where that is. So cancelling/returning this short block they sent me.
Son of RayRay
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Son of RayRay
need a good beater mang.

:truckyeah: gotta flex on all these fools with their :jalepenis: :truk: s

:drunk:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Nice :truk:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

How long you expect that cam journal "quick fix" to last? Theoretically, I guess it could last forever...
With The amount of mileage the dubnotshow puts on that car? it prob will last forever. That engine is really tired too.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:32 am

How long you expect that cam journal "quick fix" to last? Theoretically, I guess it could last forever...
With The amount of mileage the dubnotshow puts on that car? it prob will last forever. That engine is really tired too.
:notwrong:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

your mouth be really tired too.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am

:howdareu:

tell your wifeunit we need more cookies.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 am
4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am

I'll notify her
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:48 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 am

I'll notify her
I want Sneau cookies. :sad:

I :drool: over the insta pics.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Welcome to the wonderful world of el cheapo truckos!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of el cheapo truckos!
this is my 3rd venture into beater :truk:

2001 chebby z71
2007 :doge: cummins