Official Dubshowing: Garage On My Level

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dubshow wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 am
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm likely going this way. A mild tune, 50hp/tq which doesn't push things too hard, and doesn't fry my stock clutch. Going APR Stage1 is instant clutch nuker.
I was really hoping on the mk7.5 they did a revised sachs clutch, but I cant find ANY part numbers to back this up. i also dont have access to current model ETKA and couldnt find anything for 2018 online ETKA. Its crazy to think they would make 70+ hp over the GTI and use the same clutch.

Im also curious about the slight 10hp power bump the R got in europe for 2018. How would that not trickle to US especially since the Rs are all built in the same factory.
I thought the power bump had something to do with MPI which is euro only.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 am

I was really hoping on the mk7.5 they did a revised sachs clutch, but I cant find ANY part numbers to back this up. i also dont have access to current model ETKA and couldnt find anything for 2018 online ETKA. Its crazy to think they would make 70+ hp over the GTI and use the same clutch.

Im also curious about the slight 10hp power bump the R got in europe for 2018. How would that not trickle to US especially since the Rs are all built in the same factory.
I thought the power bump had something to do with MPI which is euro only.
idk, the article i quoted said it bumped PSI and wastegate settings.

per ECS a mk7 GTI clutch PN is 06K141015B

per SACHs, they have a "sport clutch" offered on their site.. :iono: making saying its a direct replacement for the PN?

https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/clu ... 22-999502b

Code: Select all

Diameter [mm]: 240 - Number of Teeth: 23 - Hub Profile: 21,8x24,2-23N
Transmittable torque 550+Nm.
Manufacturer compare numbers
AUDI
06K 141 015 B

SEAT
06K 141 015 B

SKODA
06K 141 015 B 

VOLKSWAGEN
06K 141 015 B
06K 141 015 BX
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Per NGP:

The mk7 R has a diff PN than the GTI. The GTI is common with the alltrak and other 4cyl 4 motion cars.

https://store.ngpracing.com/sachs-perfo ... olf-r.html

Specifications:

Rated up to 550 NM of torque (405 LB-FT)
Replaces OE part number: 06K141015C

So it seems the Golf R gets Rev C. Now to find if 2018 has a different Rev. I will check when I get plate at the :dillerman:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm likely going this way. A mild tune, 50hp/tq which doesn't push things too hard, and doesn't fry my stock clutch. Going APR Stage1 is instant clutch nuker.

Engine mapping and emissions/SAI. Power bump like that would mean having to re-certify the car
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 am

Engine mapping and emissions/SAI. Power bump like that would mean having to re-certify the car
right, I get the reasons, but Im saying the hard parts are the same most likely between US/EU versions. Which would lead me to believe they beefed the clutch up. Maybe just wishful thinking.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 am

And VW has been too lazy to put a ratcheting armrest into the car over the last 4 years. No way they were going to recertify it for a power bump.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It's probably a total loss at this point. Lack of dirt behind tails. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

What are you doing?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

It's ok, the BMW interiors aren't superior, and we know it.
I vaguely remember them posting pics of themselves to show how cool they were.
That phaggot lives in my area, and i even saw him once when I was heading to work. He legit lives up to the stigma bimmer drivers.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

dubshow wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 pm It's probably a total loss at this point. Lack of dirt behind tails. Image

Atleast im not the only one rocking :diller: frames
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fuck that one screw. On each side. You need a 12" extension and your hand goes in the bubble of bumper corner dead on to remove it. Tail lights are lols easy. One plastic spring tensioned screw thing with a wing nut.

About 3.5 hours all in with clearancing holes and painting. I didn't like trimming bumper but it's done. Some how I managed to get one edge scuff on edge of upper bumper by quarter panel with the sheet, boxes and taping. :rage:

Time to polish it and tow shit. Still have to work out the lights. Might have to.clearance the valence a hair more but it rests behind hitch well. ImageImageImage

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Nice work! :like: it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:impressive: :like:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

yay stock musics!

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So that's a health drop! Man these wheels are light. ImageImageImage

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

39 with tarz is quite light for 18s, which :ramz: are those? My 17" autox set is only like 37 lbs with bridgestones.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

And on.

ImageImageImageImage

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Titan 7 wheels. TS5 specific fitment for vw with correct hub bore.

18 lbs for 18x8.5 et44

I also added some cheap Amazon ceramic coating since they are new. Image

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:jimp:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:49 pm Fuck me those look good.
Very quality pieces. The billet center caps with orings to lock in are a nice touch along with nice metal valve stems.

I noticed a VERY few SUPER TINY blems in the mattish coating. Like dust spec on the inside of a spoke, but over all very nice.

The tire shop did knick 1 or 2 tiny spots on a face. I was pretty :flaccid: about that after paying $35/wheel and they were off the car... Didn't notice till I got home and rubbed the lube goop off.

The inner barrel clamp also left a divot in 1, meh... I try not to be SUPER anal about those things as it happens. I'll take the dslr out for some close ups and you can tell me if Im over reacting.

The coating is :notbad: for $10. Will see how it holds up.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Mint!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

dubshow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:49 pm Fuck me those look good.
Very quality pieces. The billet center caps with orings to lock in are a nice touch along with nice metal valve stems.

I noticed a VERY few SUPER TINY blems in the mattish coating. Like dust spec on the inside of a spoke, but over all very nice.

The tire shop did knick 1 or 2 tiny spots on a face. I was pretty :flaccid: about that after paying $35/wheel and they were off the car... Didn't notice till I got home and rubbed the lube goop off.

The inner barrel clamp also left a divot in 1, meh... I try not to be SUPER anal about those things as it happens. I'll take the dslr out for some close ups and you can tell me if Im over reacting.

Link to ceramic coating? Gonna hit my 18’s once I put them in storage. The brake dust is :ludacris:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:jimp: those look great!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:19 pm
dubshow wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Link to ceramic coating? Gonna hit my 18’s once I put them in storage. The brake dust is :ludacris:
It'd the generic 9h. Mr Fix was on box. Several options. Applicator is trash but works for one time. Instructions are junk so watch YouTube. Wipe on wipeoff pretty much. And have a very clean surface.

High Gloss Ceramic Car Coating Kit, Anti-Scratch Exterior Care Paint Sealant 9H Hardness 30ML (1Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0757LCVL6/re ... EBb5AEZH96