Official Dubshowing: Garage On My Level

Strut your greasy stuff!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Ray Ray was a ghast that there was the same truk as his in the diller with 10k miles on it and it dropped valves or something. Was getting new motor. He always shits on other brands especially ford. He was so hard against the alum body "as it cant be repaired from body damage" and how durable GMC is.

Motherfucker, you aint kept a :truk: past 30-40k miles in the last 10 years. Its still under new car warranty when you trade it... :disgust:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 am Ray Ray was a ghast that there was the same truk as his in the diller with 10k miles on it and it dropped valves or something. Was getting new motor. He always shits on other brands especially ford. He was so hard against the alum body "as it cant be repaired from body damage" and how durable GMC is.

Motherfucker, you aint kept a :truk: past 30-40k miles in the last 10 years. Its still under new car warranty when you trade it... :disgust:
Shit, I'm a big Chevy guy but I'm not married to any brand. When I was looking for a truck I was actually looking for a 7.3L Powerstroke Ford because of how ridiculously stout them bitches is. I can understand a little bit of brand loyalty, but when people outright dismiss other brands due to their own hate is just bizarre. Reminds me of the old ass Calvin Piss'n On stickers people used to put on their trucks in the 2000's.
BAW, IT'S ALL DUH SAME WHEN YOU HIT DAT MUD PIT AND GOIN PICK UP YOU CAST NETS FROM DUH BASIN :bruh:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 am Ray Ray was a ghast that there was the same truk as his in the diller with 10k miles on it and it dropped valves or something. Was getting new motor. He always shits on other brands especially ford. He was so hard against the alum body "as it cant be repaired from body damage" and how durable GMC is.

Shit, I'm a big Chevy guy but I'm not married to any brand. When I was looking for a truck I was actually looking for a 7.3L Powerstroke Ford because of how ridiculously stout them bitches is. I can understand a little bit of brand loyalty, but when people outright dismiss other brands due to their own hate is just bizarre. Reminds me of the old ass Calvin Piss'n On stickers people used to put on their trucks in the 2000's.
BAW, IT'S ALL DUH SAME WHEN YOU HIT DAT MUD PIT AND GOIN PICK UP YOU CAST NETS FROM DUH BASIN :bruh:
Mate the 7.3 to the 5speed torque flight trans from the 6.0s for a great drivetrain combo.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Truk plastics arriving. She did us well for a lunch trip. The back seat is quite comfy in the ole :truk:

I will take some practice at parking quickly, again. I also refuse to ever park like a typ truk :derp:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 am

:lolol:

You'll be talking to people, and they'll drop "Oh, I would never buy a ______________"

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am
D Griff wrote:How was your Abarf ownershit experience?
Just saw this.

The car is a great little car for $10k and less. Quirky for sure. Handles not bad for the height factor. The build quality is cheap. It's odd to wrench on. The back seat is actually functional and better than the mustang. The electronics comforts and stereo were greatly lacking comparing the VWs of the time. The boost gauge was fakenews

One off wheels specs and weird offsets. :flaccid:
I had bad experience with aftermarket shit. The car wasn't well supported despite the illusion it is.

It needs a slight oversized proper sport tire to be great.

I'd still have it if I didn't need to dissapear my old truck. And I do keep track of the used market all though my wife thinks it's stupid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info man. I had fun in the rental five hunnit... I think it would be a cool little daily but definitely a downgrade in terms of comfort from the 328i. Methinks the fiancee would be rather :disappoint: if I made this :plac: move, but it is a bit enticing.

Nicely done on the :scrooge: :truk:

Out of curiosity, why choose to daily that over the :gorf: ?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am Just saw this.

The car is a great little car for $10k and less. Quirky for sure. Handles not bad for the height factor. The build quality is cheap. It's odd to wrench on. The back seat is actually functional and better than the mustang. The electronics comforts and stereo were greatly lacking comparing the VWs of the time. The boost gauge was fakenews

One off wheels specs and weird offsets. :flaccid:
I had bad experience with aftermarket shit. The car wasn't well supported despite the illusion it is.

It needs a slight oversized proper sport tire to be great.

I'd still have it if I didn't need to dissapear my old truck. And I do keep track of the used market all though my wife thinks it's stupid.

Thanks for the info man. I had fun in the rental five hunnit... I think it would be a cool little daily but definitely a downgrade in terms of comfort from the 328i. Methinks the fiancee would be rather :disappoint: if I made this :plac: move, but it is a bit enticing.

if some :derp: runs into him he gets a fat check.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am

if some :derp: runs into him he gets a fat check.
:dat:

I really like the :gorf: but I was really piling miles on it. I'd like to save miles where possible. The truck is a $18k check if someone takes me out in shitty weather. I enjoy a ZFG type vehicle and the truck fills that need. Also handy to go pick up and move my broken shit. The truck has a 2-3 year place in my life.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Ia it a crew cab or extended cab?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 pm Ia it a crew cab or extended cab?
the large 4 door with short bed, which ever that is. Big back seat.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Pulled frame end bracket out about 1/4" inch today. :feelsgoodman:

New bracket should be in on Saturday. Im ready to assemble the poverty front end!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Can we see a round the world shot of this fking thing, not just glory pics? As far as I can tell you are making Ray Ray feel like a piker.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:09 am Can we see a round the world shot of this fking thing, not just glory pics? As far as I can tell you are making Ray Ray feel like a piker.
uh. Its a pretty basic GMC 1500 SLE? Ill grab some today with the front end removed.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:Can we see a round the world shot of this fking thing, not just glory pics? As far as I can tell you are making Ray Ray feel like a piker.
At last. The Slum Sierra is back. I opted to not put the lower chin on. I have a new one but prefer it with out it.

Need 2 small trim clips for the arches on fenders but yeah, it's together and :notbad:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

That :truk: :truck: is :jizz: for the dollhairs you have in it...... I need a :unicorn: :dill: on one......
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:like:
Nice :scrooge: :truk:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Grom updates:

Its been parked fora while because:
1. front brake is shit from leaky fork seal.
2. it just wasnt fun to ride/tune. It bogged down low like shit and lost all its low end guts. Top end was a little better but never pleasing.

Ended up chunking the PCV/autotuna setup. Went full :tard: on the newest hotness standalone.

Luckily it was packed well and is robust because USPS really delivered it...

:wow: is all I can say. Plug and play ecu with live stream/tuning via bluetooth app on phone. It worked literally out the box. Tucking all the wiring took WAY more time than anything else.

First ride around block was GREAT. I actually like the bike again.

Now to fix that fork seal.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

dubshow wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 am Grom updates:

2. it just wasnt fun to ride/tune. It bogged down low like shit and lost all its low end guts. Top end was a little better but never pleasing.

Ended up chunking the PCV/autotuna setup. Went full :tard: on the newest hotness standalone.

:wow: is all I can say. Plug and play ecu with live stream/tuning via bluetooth app on phone. It worked literally out the box. Tucking all the wiring took WAY more time than anything else.

I'd be emailing the Postmaster General that pic. What a bish.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 am Grom updates:

I dont want to put a target on myself for future retaliation. That would be the most likely outcome. Happened to my mom and she didnt get her mail for about 15 years. She setup a po box in another region...

Its all too common and nothing happens about it.

luckily the lady who brought my solar panel set it gently on the porch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dubshow wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 pm
I dont want to put a target on myself for future retaliation. That would be the most likely outcome. Happened to my mom and she didnt get her mail for about 15 years. She setup a po box in another region...

What fucking low lives are they hiring?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Groms are the loudest damn things on the road. You can here them from 2 miles or 1 hour away
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Most people I know that work for USPS are some of the laziest shitheads that want a stable income and government retirement benefits without doing much work.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Most people I know that work for USPS are some of the laziest shitheads that want a stable income and government retirement benefits without doing much work.
Those lazy shitheads often haul ass for 70 hours a week. It's not like working at the post office.

Edit: Gah. Mistook USPS for UPS. :derp:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:30 pm
razr390 wrote: Most people I know that work for USPS are some of the laziest shitheads that want a stable income and government retirement benefits without doing much work.
Those lazy shitheads often haul ass for 70 hours a week. It's not like working at the post office.

Edit: Gah. Mistook USPS for UPS. :derp:
Oh I have nothing but utmost respect for UPS. Our new service center ordered a shit ton of monitors/workstations and the UPS bro carted over 80 boxes just for us. Dude was a workhorse.

We had USPS deliver packages and dude came in t-shirt and jeans on the phone on his AirPods talking about “the weekend is gonna be lit.” And didn’t even make us sign for the packages he just left them there.

:wtf:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm Groms are the loudest damn things on the road. You can here them from 2 miles or 1 hour away
:lolol: :iswydt: