The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 pm
stripethree wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm Drop tags and insurance on the Fiat. Driver has shown to be a liability anyway.

:trollface:
:lolol:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:05 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:28 pm

:word:

Need to figure out the right car:bike ratio. 4 (plus Jill's Fiat) licensed and insured vehicles is too much. A thing or two needs to go. Jill and I talked though - we both seem to be more apt to jump in a convertible thing than gear up and go on a motorcycle ride.
Solution:

Trackbike
road bike
ND
Transit connect workhorse. :trollface:

You and the wife can trade off driving the ND or the :minivan:
:sass:
stripethree wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm Drop tags and insurance on the Fiat. Driver has shown to be a liability anyway.

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 pm

This makes the most sense, but I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the potential of being street-bike-less. 1 bike needs to go for sure, or perhaps both, temporarily at least.
Dual-purpose bike?

KTM is technically street legal, no?
Indeed and is plenty capable on the track. It's really pretty good at being both things (track and street). I had originally bought the Honda primarily track work with some street hoonage mixed in and it doesn't really cost much to keep around.

I need to figure out how much convertible lyfe affects my street bike lyfe. I could see my desire for street riding dying with the ND in the garage and if that's the case a focused track weapon may not be a bad idea.

Thinking aloud:
Sell the Honda
Keep the KTM for awhile after acquiring ND
Evaluate the desire for a streetbike and determine next step.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 pm Image
I would just like the record to state, yet again, I was back at the venue within an hour and a half and finished out a wedding in 105 heat index without A/C without anyone at the wedding knowing what had happened.

Because professional...

Car wrecker.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

4zilch wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Dual-purpose bike?

KTM is technically street legal, no?
Indeed and is plenty capable on the track. It's really pretty good at being both things (track and street). I had originally bought the Honda primarily track work with some street hoonage mixed in and it doesn't really cost much to keep around.

I need to figure out how much convertible lyfe affects my street bike lyfe. I could see my desire for street riding dying with the ND in the garage and if that's the case a focused track weapon may not be a bad idea.

Thinking aloud:
Sell the Honda
This gets my vote. You’ve ridden the Honda maybe once since it arrived?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Sno wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Thinking aloud:
Sell the Honda

I'll evaluate things after Grattan
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sno wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm
I would just like the record to state, yet again, I was back at the venue within an hour and a half and finished out a wedding in 105 heat index without A/C without anyone at the wedding knowing what had happened.

Because professional...

Car wrecker.
You go above and beyond all the others.

Glad you didn't get hurt.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

actual footage from event videographer

:lolol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Thinking aloud:
Sell the Honda
you shut your mouth. Drop tags and ins. Ride dirty. Hoard bikes. Its the only option.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

With suspension and exhaust already on it. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =204213264
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

4zilch wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 pm With suspension and exhaust already on it. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =204213264
Hello not blue sports car owner.

Dem black wheels do look super hot on that red though. :megusta:
Last edited by stripethree on Tue May 22, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Also, you've researched the trans issues yeah? They shouldn't discourage you from purchase as Mazda has thus far been backing things up, but make sure you are informed.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:19 pm Also, you've researched the trans issues yeah? They shouldn't discourage you from purchase as Mazda has thus far been backing things up, but make sure you are informed.
Yeah, I’m aware of those. Powertrain is covered 5y/60k. I’m not sure if they’ve been covering them beyond that point. Preferably I’d find one that’s already been done.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:06 pm

My vote is ND + Fiat + Trackbike + Fiesta.

But, I'm also not a bike head like RJ is.
This makes the most sense, but I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the potential of being street-bike-less. 1 bike needs to go for sure, or perhaps both, temporarily at least.
dang.....two cars :doe: for a a :waxer: DINK? I mean.... Sno has the big hatch thing, why u need to keep feista? don't get me wrong its fun as shit and the low amount of money you will get for it hurts to think about, BUT the whole point of this exercise is to reduce number of fead mouths.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 pm With suspension and exhaust already on it. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =204213264
Damn, that looks really good.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 am

dang.....two cars :doe: for a a :waxer: DINK? I mean.... Sno has the big hatch thing, why u need to keep feista? don't get me wrong its fun as shit and the low amount of money you will get for it hurts to think about, BUT the whole point of this exercise is to reduce number of fead mouths.
Winter.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 am

Winter.
.....hardtop?
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am
Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 am

Winter.
.....hardtop?
I vote just move south.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:04 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am

.....hardtop?
I vote just move south.
Solid plan.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:04 am I vote just move south.
Austin is calling.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This issue with Sno's hatch thing is two fold:
1.) She can't drive :manuel: so trading cars for a day gets difficult
2.) She has a mountain of wedding day survival kit in the back, and if I need it to do hatch things, all of that stuff needs to come out.

I could honestly probably survive with a :meata: daily, but the Fiesta doesn't cost much to operate (tags, ins, maintenance, etc). The KTM on the other hand is..
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am

2.) She has a mountain of wedding day survival kit in the back, and if I need it to do hatch things, all of that stuff needs to come out.

I could honestly probably survive with a :meata: daily, but the Fiesta doesn't cost much to operate (tags, ins, maintenance, etc). The KTM on the other hand is..
:wtf:

Bikes are cheap....what does the ktm run on, unicorn piss? Oil is unicorn blood? Sure its a :waxer: bike bu operating costs cant be THAT high...
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Also totes understand wanting division on your car vs wife car. BUT, your mission statement was to simply & reduce the fleet.

Sorry bro, taking away a motorcycle and adding a car adds complexity and does not reduce it....hell its not even the status quo. I understand :meata: wants, i do. I also understand having too many toys.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 am

:wtf:

Bikes are cheap....what does the ktm run on, unicorn piss? Oil is unicorn blood? Sure its a :waxer: bike bu operating costs cant be THAT high...
Rear tire is $200+ per...went through 4 or 5 of those + 2 fronts (I think). Oil change every other track day @ $50-ish per. MPG isn't much better than the FiST either when commuting.

Even if consumables are a wash between the 2, insurance and registration on the KTM is more than the FiST.