The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm
4zilch wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 pm Upgraded the quickjack to accommodate 2 wheels Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. I'm going to have to steal this mod, I have been delaying a MC lift purchase due to space.
It doesn’t go as high as a traditional lift, but it sure beats crawling around on the ground.

Dimension are 30” x 96”. Probably took me all of an hour to put together.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fuel leak on the Castrol bike:

Looks like an issue with a leaky petcock ( :hue: ) and the left rear carb with a float in need in adjustment.

The overflow partially bled into the cylinder - I ended up sucking about 2 shot glasses of fuel off of the top of the valves, pulled the spark plug and bumped the engine over.

Fortunately the engine didn’t hydrolock.

Reset the float and put it all back together - everything seems fine for now.

Side note: the fuel in the cylinder appears to have cleaned up the top of the piston - I had flakes of carbon shooting out of the exhaust

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bonus:

I can leave the motorcycle lift/quickjack on the garage floor and park the car over the top of it. :fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 am Bonus:

I can leave the motorcycle lift/quickjack on the garage floor and park the car over the top of it. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

4x4?

My Z06 couldn't really park over the quickjack and I'm pretty sure the 911 won't either. I wish they would just for ease of storage.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:jelly:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:16 am

4x4?

My Z06 couldn't really park over the quickjack and I'm pretty sure the 911 won't either. I wish they would just for ease of storage.
It's work to get my C5 on the QJ for use, let alone parking.
It doesn't fit under the E30 either.

I've looked at wall mount solutions.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4x4?

Fiesta. Probably have less than an inch clearance from the plastic airdam.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 am

4x4?

Yeah, I need to figure out the wall mounting too.

I did buy some sheets of HDPE to mount to the bottom of the QJ to make it much easier to slide on my SwissTrax flooring, I just need to cut it to size and install it. I got the idea from this guy: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7 ... 1596540630

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am
Melon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 am

Yeah, I need to figure out the wall mounting too.

I did buy some sheets of HDPE to mount to the bottom of the QJ to make it much easier to slide on my SwissTrax flooring, I just need to cut it to size and install it. I got the idea from this guy: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7 ... 1596540630

That’s basically how I store mine. I’ve got a separate hook on a fasttrack for the hoses. They’re probably staying on the floor now since I don’t have a good place for the motorcycle platform.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:52 am

That’s basically how I store mine. I’ve got a separate hook on a fasttrack for the hoses. They’re probably staying on the floor now since I don’t have a good place for the motorcycle platform.
My problem is wall space. Racks, benches, cabinets, air compressor and blasting cabinet take up almost all my wall space. Thinking of mounting them horizontally on the wall under one of my benches. Will be a bit of a pain to remove/replace them, but it's unused space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Forged :ramz: for the Aprilia showed up today.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 pm Forged :ramz: for the Aprilia showed up today.

:hubba:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 pm Forged :ramz: for the Aprilia showed up today.

:drool: :waxer:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:moist:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Stats: Front rim is 2.15 lbs (25%) lighter and the Rear is 4 lbs (28%) than stock. The rotors I'm using should be a bit lighter than stock as well for additional savings.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4zilch wrote:Stats: Front rim is 2.15 lbs (25%) lighter and the Rear is 4 lbs (28%) than stock. The rotors I'm using should be a bit lighter than stock as well for additional savings.
:megusta:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dove into tuning options for the Aprilia - jesus fuck the Aprilia forum is as disorganized as this place. 800 tuning threads with 15 pages of comments discussing options across all of the variants of V4's

Basically boiled down to the following:
Gabro tune from Italy - no longer will program customer ECU's sent to him due to red tape laws - Will allow you to buy a preprogrammed ECU from him to ship over ($800-ish)
Aprilia Race tune - :dillerman: installed - roughly $250 - doesn't void warranty (supposedly)
Aprilia Race ECU - exact same as above, but allows you to have a spare ECU :butwhy:
Aprilia Race tune loaded via pirated/hacked software - Software and tune is free aside from buying the appropriate $30 cable - not the most user friendly, but certainly the cheapest - will absolutely void warranty if the engine :nuke:
Open Flash Tablet - Tablet preloaded with tunes - allows user reprogramming with some diagnostic functions ($800) includes free tunes as they become available/

The Gabro tunes are supposedly the best in terms of rideability and powah. Race tune seems pretty good as well, but could be better - it's somewhat conservative. OFT delivers the most powah, but seems like throttle transitions are a bit unrefined.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am Stats: Front rim is 2.15 lbs (25%) lighter and the Rear is 4 lbs (28%) than stock. The rotors I'm using should be a bit lighter than stock as well for additional savings.
:wow:

thats going to be noticeable.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 am Dove into tuning options for the Aprilia - jesus fuck the Aprilia forum is as disorganized as this place. 800 tuning threads with 15 pages of comments discussing options across all of the variants of V4's

Aprilia Race tune - :dillerman: installed - roughly $250 - doesn't void warranty (supposedly)
seems like the most accessible and especially with your :dillerman: relationshit. :iono:

You have a fancy bike and a warranty is a nice thing.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I don't know shit about bikes but these look :fancy:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am Stats: Front rim is 2.15 lbs (25%) lighter and the Rear is 4 lbs (28%) than stock. The rotors I'm using should be a bit lighter than stock as well for additional savings.

:dat:

I’ll probably pick a track day and do an A-B test.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:44 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 am Dove into tuning options for the Aprilia - jesus fuck the Aprilia forum is as disorganized as this place. 800 tuning threads with 15 pages of comments discussing options across all of the variants of V4's

seems like the most accessible and especially with your :dillerman: relationshit. :iono:

You have a fancy bike and a warranty is a nice thing.
That’s probably the route I’ll take, unless the Gabro tune becomes available via the free option (there’s been some talk of it).
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't know shit about bikes but these look :fancy:
Jill carried the boxes in off of the porch and texted me that “FedEx just dropped off 2 big boxes, but that they didnt way very much”.

:stig:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:02 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 am

:dat:

I’ll probably pick a track day and do an A-B test.
:nice:

are you doing :225: heaters yet?