The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 am

dang.....two cars :doe: for a a :waxer: DINK? I mean.... Sno has the big hatch thing, why u need to keep feista? don't get me wrong its fun as shit and the low amount of money you will get for it hurts to think about, BUT the whole point of this exercise is to reduce number of fead mouths.
:word:

This issue with Sno's hatch thing is two fold:
1.) She can't drive :manuel: so trading cars for a day gets difficult
2.) She has a mountain of wedding day survival kit in the back, and if I need it to do hatch things, all of that stuff needs to come out.

I could honestly probably survive with a :meata: daily, but the Fiesta doesn't cost much to operate (tags, ins, maintenance, etc). The KTM on the other hand is..
1.) I can learn stick. Let’s just get this over with.
2.) it’s not a mountain...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am :word:

2.) She has a mountain of wedding day survival kit in the back, and if I need it to do hatch things, all of that stuff needs to come out.

I could honestly probably survive with a :meata: daily, but the Fiesta doesn't cost much to operate (tags, ins, maintenance, etc). The KTM on the other hand is..
Also totes understand wanting division on your car vs wife car. BUT, your mission statement was to simply & reduce the fleet.

Sorry bro, taking away a motorcycle and adding a car adds complexity and does not reduce it....hell its not even the status quo. I understand :meata: wants, i do. I also understand having too many toys.
:dat:

6 wheels < 8 wheels

:math:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Also totes understand wanting division on your car vs wife car. BUT, your mission statement was to simply & reduce the fleet.

Sorry bro, taking away a motorcycle and adding a car adds complexity and does not reduce it....hell its not even the status quo. I understand :meata: wants, i do. I also understand having too many toys.
:dat:

6 wheels < 8 wheels

I don't change tars on the FiST every year. they're a 2-3 year thing.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 am :dat:

6 wheels < 8 wheels

:Meata:phor fail, trying again:

Bike+car $$ < car+car $$

When I was into owning bikes I was mindblown by how well they held their resale value. They are nice things to own and operate. I'd keep it if I were you, but then again I have two cars ImageImage
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 am
4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am

:word:

At best it's a wash from a cost standpoint, the downside of adding a 2nd car is the lost space.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 am

:wtf:

Bikes are cheap....what does the ktm run on, unicorn piss? Oil is unicorn blood? Sure its a :waxer: bike bu operating costs cant be THAT high...
Rear tire is $200+ per...went through 4 or 5 of those + 2 fronts (I think). Oil change every other track day @ $50-ish per. MPG isn't much better than the FiST either when commuting.

Even if consumables are a wash between the 2, insurance and registration on the KTM is more than the FiST.
So the KTM is expensive to run at track days... buy a cheaper track bike OR do less track days? gotta pay to play. But on a motorcycle a less torquey 600 will be much easier on tires me thinks.... Also insurace on that kind of bike will be cheaper all around.

Sounds more to me like you have a KTM problem more than anything.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 am
4zilch wrote:
:Meata:phor fail, trying again:

Bike+car $$ < car+car $$

When I was into owning bikes I was mindblown by how well they held their resale value. They are nice things to own and operate. I'd keep it if I were you, but then again I have two cars ImageImage
The progress of technology and new bike launches doesn't bode well for resale on bikes these days. The tech has accelerated rapidly in the last 10yrs or so.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am
4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 am

Rear tire is $200+ per...went through 4 or 5 of those + 2 fronts (I think). Oil change every other track day @ $50-ish per. MPG isn't much better than the FiST either when commuting.

Even if consumables are a wash between the 2, insurance and registration on the KTM is more than the FiST.
So the KTM is expensive to run at track days... buy a cheaper track bike OR do less track days? gotta pay to play. But on a motorcycle a less torquey 600 will be much easier on tires me thinks.... Also insurace on that kind of bike will be cheaper all around.

There are solutions to the KTM, and bike-lyfe in general - some of those have been discussed earlier. My point is that :meata: as a single car solution may not work for various reasons - namely practicality. Essentially I'd ideally be giving up 1 or 2 fun things (bikes) to have another fun thing ( :meata: )
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am

There are solutions to the KTM, and bike-lyfe in general - some of those have been discussed earlier. My point is that :meata: as a single car solution may not work for various reasons - namely practicality. Essentially I'd ideally be giving up 1 or 2 fun things (bikes) to have another fun thing ( :meata: )
yea, :meata: as an only car will add difficulty to doing things that could use hatch space; you'd have to tiny trailer anything that does not go into the trunk.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Decisions will be made in July. Step away from the :meata: wants for a bit, and get into the swing of bike lyfe and see how I'm feeling.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Sno - Calla and I survived a manual trans lesson in the VW. She gave good feedback on how I approached teaching it. That's of course if part of the barrier is that 1+1=murder when it comes to y'all doing this together.

If the VW comes to the tail, you should try it. Shifting can be awkward to learn because of the short shifter, but the torque and dual mass flywheel make it a breeze to learn the clutch. The car can pretty much get going in first with no gas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 am :Meata:phor fail, trying again:

Bike+car $$ < car+car $$

The progress of technology and new bike launches doesn't bode well for resale on bikes these days. The tech has accelerated rapidly in the last 10yrs or so.
That changes things then.

:poorvette:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 am Sno - Calla and I survived a manual trans lesson in the VW. She gave good feedback on how I approached teaching it. That's of course if part of the barrier is that 1+1=murder when it comes to y'all doing this together.

If the VW comes to the tail, you should try it. Shifting can be awkward to learn because of the short shifter, but the torque and dual mass flywheel make it a breeze to learn the clutch. The car can pretty much get going in first with no gas.
Get Jessi to teach you.
She got Erin driving a stick in an afternoon.

Also, torque is bitchin'
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:11 am
Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:08 am

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'
My trick is barefoot.

...and in the kitchen, where they belong.

[/RJ]
Shut your queer mouth boy. I've seen your wife, you have no control over her. Puttin' that devil's ink in her body, she's of the enemy.
Let us pray.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:46 am
4zilch wrote:
That changes things then.

:poorvette:
The best of both worlds.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 am Sno - Calla and I survived a manual trans lesson in the VW. She gave good feedback on how I approached teaching it. That's of course if part of the barrier is that 1+1=murder when it comes to y'all doing this together.

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'
:mahtroy: :triggered:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 am

My trick is barefoot.

[/RJ]
Shut your queer mouth boy. I've seen your wife, you have no control over her. Puttin' that devil's ink in her body, she's of the enemy.
Let us pray.
:jesus:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'
My trick is barefoot.

[/RJ]
You’re going to hab her dribe barepoots? You’re not being berry carpool!!! :Amirsmom:
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'
It all comes down to 1+1=murder. I end up crying over fearing I’m destroying his clutch or disappointing him.

I’ve discussed with Jessi and we’ve said the past couple years that I’m just going to grab one of you at tail and have you teach me but once we get down there, spending a couple hours doing that is way less fun than going driving/riding.

I know what to do, I could probably teach some one else how from sitting in the passenger seat. It’s simply putting it into practice that hasn’t happened.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'
It all comes down to 1+1=murder. I end up crying over fearing I’m destroying his clutch or disappointing him.

I’ve discussed with Jessi and we’ve said the past couple years that I’m just going to grab one of you at tail and have you teach me but once we get down there, spending a couple hours doing that is way less fun than going driving/riding.

I know what to do, I could probably teach some one else how from sitting in the passenger seat. It’s simply putting it into practice that hasn’t happened.
What if you just took the fist out alone? I remember I learned better without having my dad do disappointed dad sighs from the passenger seat.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Get Jessi to teach you.

Also, torque is bitchin'

I really wouldn't mind you driving the Corvette.
It's got a beefy as fuck clutch.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm

I really wouldn't mind you driving the Corvette.
It's got a beefy as fuck clutch.
Corvette might be somewhat hard to learn on because of the lightweight flywheel and minuscule friction point, but if you learn that, you can drive anything.

But really, if you cook a clutch learning on it, the teacher sucks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm It all comes down to 1+1=murder. I end up crying over fearing I’m destroying his clutch or disappointing him.
I hear ya. First thing I told Calla is that in the unlikely case that something breaks while we are trying this, it was going to break anyway so do not sweat it, I beat the crap out of this car. Then made her purposefully stall the car to know what it felt like. There, you did it once, you'll probably do it again, ain't no thing. Let's do this.

Anyway, back to proper topics: that the Zilch household should have two stick shift cars and two motorbikes, at least. Am I right?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 pm But really, if you cook a clutch learning on it, the teacher sucks.
Also, :dat:. The only thing I was somewhat militant on while teaching was that if you aren't changing gears, keep your foot off that pedal.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm I’ve discussed with Jessi and we’ve said the past couple years that I’m just going to grab one of you at tail and have you teach me but once we get down there, spending a couple hours doing that is way less fun than going driving/riding.
Heh, last thing... don't give me ideas. One of these days when you hop off Trav's bike looking for a ride home from the Skyway I'm just going to throw you the keys John Travolta Swordfish style.

"I can't drive this thing!"
"Learn."

:trollface: