The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 pm But really, if you cook a clutch learning on it, the teacher sucks.
Also, :dat:. The only thing I was somewhat militant on while teaching was that if you aren't changing gears, keep your foot off that pedal.
Exactly, that’s just proper :manuel: driving.

It’s funny, I always have people I’m teaching stall on purpose for the first time to get it out of the way as well. Great icebreaker.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm I hear ya. First thing I told Calla is that in the unlikely case that something breaks while we are trying this, it was going to break anyway so do not sweat it, I beat the crap out of this car. Then made her purposefully stall the car to know what it felt like. There, you did it once, you'll probably do it again, ain't no thing. Let's do this.
Had that discussion about not going to break anything, didn't really help much.
stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm Anyway, back to proper topics: that the Zilch household should have two stick shift cars and two motorbikes, at least. Am I right?
At the very least.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 pm
stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm I hear ya. First thing I told Calla is that in the unlikely case that something breaks while we are trying this, it was going to break anyway so do not sweat it, I beat the crap out of this car. Then made her purposefully stall the car to know what it felt like. There, you did it once, you'll probably do it again, ain't no thing. Let's do this.
stripethree wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm Anyway, back to proper topics: that the Zilch household should have two stick shift cars and two motorbikes, at least. Am I right?
At the very least.
You gave me no heads up that is what we were doing that morning and I was in wedges.

I can shift the car appropriately while you’re driving just off of feel. I know what I’m doing. You and I just don’t project together. We know our weaknesses.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

stripethree wrote:
Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm It all comes down to 1+1=murder. I end up crying over fearing I’m destroying his clutch or disappointing him.
I hear ya. First thing I told Calla is that in the unlikely case that something breaks while we are trying this, it was going to break anyway so do not sweat it, I beat the crap out of this car. Then made her purposefully stall the car to know what it felt like. There, you did it once, you'll probably do it again, ain't no thing. Let's do this.

Anyway, back to proper topics: that the Zilch household should have two stick shift cars and two motorbikes, at least. Am I right?
This guy gets it!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Sno wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 pm

At the very least.
You gave me no heads up that is what we were doing that morning and I was in wedges.

I can shift the car appropriately while you’re driving just off of feel. I know what I’m doing. You and I just don’t project together. We know our weaknesses.
I realize that, and I know your capable. Just saying in our situation, telling you that you weren't going to hurt the car didn't improve our situation. It's a teacher/student issue - You'll do fine with someone else teaching you.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Another good :dill: on new https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =196161841

I’m currently leaning towards a non-bbs/brembo car. Moar rim options and aftermarket brake upgrades (if even needed) are available.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm
stripethree wrote:
I hear ya. First thing I told Calla is that in the unlikely case that something breaks while we are trying this, it was going to break anyway so do not sweat it, I beat the crap out of this car. Then made her purposefully stall the car to know what it felt like. There, you did it once, you'll probably do it again, ain't no thing. Let's do this.

Anyway, back to proper topics: that the Zilch household should have two stick shift cars and two motorbikes, at least. Am I right?
This guy gets it!
:dat:

my wife actually liked the fiat but only drove it once. She took teh e30 around the block. Didn't do the worst. She couldnt drive my 2011 tdi... Stalled it many many times and got angry.

The Golf R is the easiest manual to drive. I'd hope she could figure it out....
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 am Another good :dill: on new https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =196161841

I’m currently leaning towards a non-bbs/brembo car. Moar rim options and aftermarket brake upgrades (if even needed) are available.
not a bad point. I just am opposed to buying a BBK on a farily new car. Just get it from the factory.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm Yes I'm going & so is wife, :baby: is staying with grandparents.
:fuckyeah:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 am
4zilch wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 am Another good :dill: on new https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =196161841

not a bad point. I just am opposed to buying a BBK on a farily new car. Just get it from the factory.
I don't think the brembos are any bigger. It's just waxable 4 pots. So aside for a few lbs of weight savings vs. the standard brakes, potentially better feel, and MAYBE a little better cooling efficiency I doubt there's a huge difference in performance.

I wouldn't bbk right out of the gate anyways. I'd wait an see how easily I could operate within the limits of the standards.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:11 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 am

I don't think the brembos are any bigger. It's just waxable 4 pots. So aside for a few lbs of weight savings vs. the standard brakes, potentially better feel, and MAYBE a little better cooling efficiency I doubt there's a huge difference in performance.

I wouldn't bbk right out of the gate anyways. I'd wait an see how easily I could operate within the limits of the standards.
ah ok well that makes sense. On the moosestang, the BBK from factory was amazing. I smoked the stock brakes of a v6 on a fairly mild 5 minute test drive... So yeah. The R has some yuge brakes too. I'd hope they can slow down the 3200lb egg.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am

FWIW, my factory brakes are just fine on the :meata:
:word:

They felt fine to me. Nice initial bite and modulation
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm This guy gets it!

my wife actually liked the fiat but only drove it once. She took teh e30 around the block. Didn't do the worst. She couldnt drive my 2011 tdi... Stalled it many many times and got angry.

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 am

ah ok well that makes sense. On the moosestang, the BBK from factory was amazing. I smoked the stock brakes of a v6 on a fairly mild 5 minute test drive... So yeah. The R has some yuge brakes too. I'd hope they can slow down the 3200lb egg.
How many cars have you bought in the past three years? Can we have a count?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 am I smoked the stock brakes of a v6 on a fairly mild 5 minute test drive... So yeah.
Can verify the ability to smoke V6 Mustang brakes. Ah, memories of my first TOTD trip...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:34 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 am

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 am

sure.

2016 mustang gt at end of 2015.
traded into a 2013 abarth
traded that and truck ive had for a while into 2015 :jeep:
traded jeep into 2018 R.

The answer is 4. 4 Cars in 3 years. +1 racing car if you care to count that too.

How many cars have you totaled out?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:ohslap:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am
Sno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:34 am

sure.

traded jeep into 2018 R.

The answer is 4. 4 Cars in 3 years. +1 racing car if you care to count that too.

Dodge neon before I had a license - my fault
Second dodge neon after I was licensed - Not my fault
Mitsubishi galant in the accident that almost took my hand - Not my fault
Hyundai Veloster - absolutely my fault

So if we're counting ones that I had control over? 2.

Edit: over 16 years.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am

sure.

traded jeep into 2018 R.

point stands. Youve crushed more cars than Ive traded. :sass:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 am
Sno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 am

point stands. Youve crushed more cars than Ive traded. :sass:
Ok, whats the count for 16 years, bruh?

I didn't ask what you've traded. I asked what you've bought. Which is 5. So :wrong:

:sass: :sass: :sass:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

In the last 16 years I have bought 3 cars, sold 1, and wrecked 0, my fault or otherwise.

There. I win.

Can we return to Zilch buying an ND and keeping motorbike toys now please? :-)
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:19 am

Can we return to Zilch buying an ND and keeping motorbike toys now please? :-)

papa jefe for prez.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The ND :dill: ‘s are the black ones :disappoint:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Test drove an ND and solitified my wants. I’m not married to the ceramic color, in fact I think I might like white better.

Red is probably my first choice. Looks so good in the sun.
Followed by white, then ceramic.

I could live with the charcoal for the right :dill:

Only hard pass is Black...even though it looks the best.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 pm Test drove an ND and solitified my wants. I’m not married to the ceramic color, in fact I think I might like white better.

Red is probably my first choice. Looks so good in the sun.
Followed by white, then ceramic.

I could live with the charcoal for the right :dill:

Only hard pass is Black...even though it looks the best.
I agree with red. They have a VERY dynamic red color. I love to look at black cars, but would NEVER want to own one.