Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 pm

No man I don’t have time for that
There should be some sort of loaner system on a newer car. Drop off at like 7 am? My local Toyota dillerman is fairly decent. Way better than my bmw experiences of doom.
I bet most dealers don't have loaners right now.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:42 pm

There should be some sort of loaner system on a newer car. Drop off at like 7 am? My local Toyota dillerman is fairly decent. Way better than my bmw experiences of doom.
Usually there is a shuttle then. Mine picks up and drops off within 15 min of :dillerman:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 pm

No man I don’t have time for that
That's the only way this is going to get addressed. Likely won't do anything for a few weeks because we are taking a trip to the catskills with the dog and there's no way I'm doing that in a loaner civic lx.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:59 pm

That's the only way this is going to get addressed. Likely won't do anything for a few weeks because we are taking a trip to the catskills with the dog and there's no way I'm doing that in a loaner civic lx.
If you’re willing to try and forgo the whole dealership expedience just take it to a discount tire and have them road force balance the wheels/tires. It’s like $100 and good for 30 ish days if they still don’t balance out properly. $100 to try the balance remedy is worth it versus taking it to the dealer and they take 7 hours to tell you it needs a balance which they’ll charge you $150 for…
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:59 pm

If you’re willing to try and forgo the whole dealership expedience just take it to a discount tire and have them road force balance the wheels/tires. It’s like $100 and good for 30 ish days if they still don’t balance out properly. $100 to try the balance remedy is worth it versus taking it to the dealer and they take 7 hours to tell you it needs a balance which they’ll charge you $150 for…
Dude just spent MSRP on a Honda, dude. Delivery quality issue.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:12 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Usually there is a shuttle then. Mine picks up and drops off within 15 min of :dillerman:
The dealer I took my Corvette to has a web service for booking Lyft rides that they pay for. So yeah I'm sure there's an option but it's hard to go without your family's only car for an unknown amount of time. Especially with a CF
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:14 am

Yes
Also I don’t think it’s a wheel balance issue. But need the dealer to go through the whole dance to get it documented they tried that so they can then tear into the driveline.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

JP is gonna end up with a RAV4 rental
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I had no idea that the drivetrain in that thing is like that. :impressive: tech that's pretty unique. Does it have an EV mode for some small distance or is the engine going all the time?

Definitely take it to the :dillerman: just annoying to take a brand new vehicle back to the dealer so soon.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Only reason I recommended that is just to save time. Dealer visits for warranty bullshit with only 1 car in household and no loaners is at least one day affair
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:24 am

Yes
Also I don’t think it’s a wheel balance issue. But need the dealer to go through the whole dance to get it documented they tried that so they can then tear into the driveline.
If it is that kind of issue try to see if they offer loaners (unlikely), or rental reimbursement the moment it’s documented/confirmed.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:24 am

Yes
If it is that kind of issue try to see if they offer loaners (unlikely), or rental reimbursement the moment it’s documented/confirmed.
It’s my only car, so no loaner means it’s not even going in the service bay. It’s fine I’ll just wait till it pukes out a driveshaft, then they can tow it in.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:25 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:18 am
It’s my only car, so no loaner means it’s not even going in the service bay. It’s fine I’ll just wait till it pukes out a driveshaft, then they can tow it in.
This is what 99% of people that buy these things would do.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:25 am

I am the 99%🥰
Never gonna wash it either
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:39 am I had no idea that the drivetrain in that thing is like that. :impressive: tech that's pretty unique. Does it have an EV mode for some small distance or is the engine going all the time?

Definitely take it to the :dillerman: just annoying to take a brand new vehicle back to the dealer so soon.
So it does have an EV button. It may or may not stay in EV in that mode. But allows the battery to go to a lower state of charge than normal drive mode.

Seems like when you accelerate the engine fires up and hangs out at whatever it’s most efficient RPM is to generate drive power and bleed some excess into the battery. Then coasting and braking is all electric. It won’t really accelerate without firing the engine. Kinda neat. But the Toyota system (planetary gearset) is truly infinitely variable and allows the engine to accelerate the car. It’s more efficient as a result. It’s also more interactive.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 pm
I am the 99%🥰
Why the hell would you? That dark blue will always look decent.

I was never going to wash the Cucktrek, but being white, there's some dark dirt streaks that make it look pretty poverty. I'll hit it with the hose soon.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 pm

I am the 99%🥰
Why the hell would you? That dark blue will always look decent.

I was never going to wash the Cucktrek, but being white, there's some dark dirt streaks that make it look pretty poverty. I'll hit it with the hose soon.
It shows a lot of dirt. It’s kind of a midnight blue. Oh well. It looks dece. The darker color hides the dorky body lines somewhat.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:39 am I had no idea that the drivetrain in that thing is like that. :impressive: tech that's pretty unique. Does it have an EV mode for some small distance or is the engine going all the time?

So it does have an EV button. It may or may not stay in EV in that mode. But allows the battery to go to a lower state of charge than normal drive mode.

Seems like when you accelerate the engine fires up and hangs out at whatever it’s most efficient RPM is to generate drive power and bleed some excess into the battery. Then coasting and braking is all electric. It won’t really accelerate without firing the engine. Kinda neat. But the Toyota system (planetary gearset) is truly infinitely variable and allows the engine to accelerate the car. It’s more efficient as a result. It’s also more interactive.
Sounds like the Volt. Which I honestly liked. I just had no idea Honda offered this.
razr390

Been like a dece time since I haven’t washed the GTI
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I'm digging the adoption of dece around here.

I haven't washed the 328i since I acquired it :mahman: I would like to, but just don't have a ton of time for such things. If it's wash my car or ride my bike, the latter is generally going to win.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Washed the Elantra for the first time this weekend. Well.. took it to get washed. I should probably start doing it myself now that I have a driveway and hose and shit. Getting the windows tinted on Saturday, so needed it cleaned up for that. I'll clean the windows myself again Saturday morning to make sure it's ready to go for the dude. Looking forward to having tint for both looks and heat rejection.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:38 am JP is gonna end up with a RAV4 rental
I recently had one of those and they're :notbad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

My Clio looks like it's owned by an I'm An InDePeNdEnT wOmEn
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Bike rack. Hitch or roof?

Has no roof rails. Roof would require either installing roof rails (relatively easy ish but expensive af) which gives fixed cross bar locations. Or installing clip on rack feet. I’d probably do the clip on in that case. Bonus is the ability to easily add a roof box if we decide to have another munchkin. I can reach it but I’d probably need to stand on the door opening to get the bike. Lisa probably can’t reach it.

Has no hitch. Hitch rack would require installing a hitch which means cutting the under body panels. May or may not have a problem with the kick to open tailgate sensor. Forums are not clear on this. Hitch rack may interfere with the dogs ability to access the hatch. Hitch rack may or may not just live on the car. Adds a foot, would make parking a pain in the dick. They’d all interfere with the hatch door. More of a pain to install / remove since I’d have to lug it into the basement. CRV hybrid has no towing allowance, some forum concern that warranty repairs could get messy if they see a hitch.

I think I’m leaning towards hitch.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'd do roof, and that's what I'm doing on the Cucktrek. Clip rack comes off easy, easy to store, and easy to use. The benefit of adding a box for additional storage could be huge in the future like you mentioned. Plus it doesn't add length and you don't have to deal with installation hassles. You won't be able to use the hitch for anything else, so the roof has more versatility. They are pricey, but whatever.