Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Oh, and back on topic, the insurance bill for the CTrek is $580 for 6mos. That's with $500 deductibles collision and comp. The JL was $650.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:51 pm Oh, and back on topic, the insurance bill for the CTrek is $580 for 6mos. That's with $500 deductibles collision and comp. The JL was $650.
Expected. :notbad: Although proportionally it should be cheaper given the vehicle value
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Nah 4L0 lets you crawl out of quicksand but I appreciate your :dedong: combativeness. The 5.3 in 2WD at 65 or less gets you high teens/20. The 6.0 in perma AWD means 10-15 all day err day.
That's not real life for most... What do you average in your rig? When I had my 4.7 powered 5 speed JGC I was getting 15.5 all day everyday.
A +800 lb -1 speed and +.6L powered ancient rig should be at that at best...

But yea the 6. :dedong: will get worse mpg no doubt.
It's not real life for me either. I'm a 85 mph left lane guy. But its possible. I get about 420 miles out of a 25 gallon tank on the highway, 300 in town. My wife gets 320-325 in town she drives with a lighter pedal.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:51 pm Oh, and back on topic, the insurance bill for the CTrek is $580 for 6mos. That's with $500 deductibles collision and comp. The JL was $650.
Expected. :notbad: Although proportionally it should be cheaper given the vehicle value
Agreed. I was just :notsure: if there would be some WRX spillover in risk for some stupid reason.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:53 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Agreed. I was just :notsure: if there would be some WRX spillover in risk for some stupid reason.
I don't think think they conform to the same demographic. I actually have 4 family/friends with a CuCKtrek here. Every single one of them is a non car person, who likes to drive slow AF and doesn't know what tire pressure is.

WRX though... oh sweet COBB TUNEZ STANZE LIFE Baby Jesus. No one keeps them stock that I know of... and they are certainly "pushing" the traffic laws and the vehicles.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:59 pm
I don't think think they conform to the same demographic. I actually have 4 family/friends with a CuCKtrek here. Every single one of them is a non car person, who likes to drive slow AF and doesn't know what tire pressure is.

WRX though... oh sweet COBB TUNEZ STANZE LIFE Baby Jesus. No one keeps them stock that I know of... and they are certainly "pushing" the traffic laws and the vehicles.
I told our :dillerman: that I wanted a WRX CTrek more than anything. His response was "there's enough douchebags in WRXs ruining the brand, opening them up to CTreks might bring an end to the world"

:lolol: :notwrong:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:01 pm

I told our :dillerman: that I wanted a WRX CTrek more than anything. His response was "there's enough douchebags in WRXs ruining the brand, opening them up to CTreks might bring an end to the world"

It really is quite the dichotomy of buyer types for the same brand. The WRX guys are a step above gang member 392/Hellcat Charger ownership, but not by much. Oh, and toss the Stinger in there per Max.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

:dat: the demographics are worlds apart. There is MINOR cross over in neutered ex WRX guys that try to off/road/stance/RTT the CT :doe:

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:07 pm

:dat: the demographics are worlds apart. There is MINOR cross over in neutered ex WRX guys that try to off/road/stance/RTT the CT :doe:

Not a ton different from the Jeep world IMO. It's probably quite capable, though it would be slow as balls with all that shit on it (the roof rack, spare, winch, and bumper insert are probably a few hundred pounds on their own). The winch is particualarly :lolol: :yeahok: because if you're so stuck that you need a winch in that thing, you're pretty fucked.

I'll be finding out :doe: . We frequently camp in the middle of nowhere on 2-tracks, the CTrek will be our vessel. Curious to see how it drives with the RTT on top, but I expect it to be able to do anything we want it to do for where we go in stock form. All I'm worried about is the mini van tires and the lack of protection underneath. Even then I bet it'll be fine.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Not a ton different from the Jeep world IMO. It's probably quite capable, though it would be slow as balls with all that shit on it (the roof rack, spare, winch, and bumper insert are probably a few hundred pounds on their own). The winch is particualarly :lolol: :yeahok: because if you're so stuck that you need a winch in that thing, you're pretty fucked.

I'll be finding out :doe: . We frequently camp in the middle of nowhere on 2-tracks, the CTrek will be our vessel. Curious to see how it drives with the RTT on top, but I expect it to be able to do anything we want it to do for where we go in stock form. All I'm worried about is the mini van tires and the lack of protection underneath. Even then I bet it'll be fine.
Honestly the way I see it... if you're going with a SIG other... CT2 will be completely fine. Sig others can NOT handle off roading for the most part... unless they grew up with it. So most trails... slightly muddy roads etc.

Shit like dragging frames on rocks/popping a wheel and balancing back and forth till you get traction... being stuck for 2 hrs and digging yourself out... :yeahok: that's the sort of shit that requires the above mentioned CT... but no way will the gal have fun on that ride.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Honestly the way I see it... if you're going with a SIG other... CT2 will be completely fine. Sig others can NOT handle off roading for the most part... unless they grew up with it. So most trails... slightly muddy roads etc.

Shit like dragging frames on rocks/popping a wheel and balancing back and forth till you get traction... being stuck for 2 hrs and digging yourself out... :yeahok: that's the sort of shit that requires the above mentioned CT... but no way will the gal have fun on that ride.
I've taken her on some hairy stuff and she enjoys it, but I also don't enjoy doing things where you spend more time stuck than moving. I'm not that into rock crawling and whatnot, in fact most of the stuff I did with my ZR2 and JT I did in 2HI because I didn't even need 4WD. A lot of that is due to the capability of the trucks, but it's also because it's more about the adventure than the challenge for me. I like the Rubicon and ZR2 trims for piece of mind, because there's been some cases where I really did need that front locker, but I won't be taking the CT2 there. Most of what I do the CT2 will do great at. In fact, I kind of want to take it to some of the group wheeling events I get invited to with lifted and modified trucks and embarrass everyone in a stock CTrek.

I can "overland" with it just fine in my state, there's really only a few areas it won't make it in. I'm ok with that, and if I'm not I can get a truck.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Can confirm that I lost my invite to join the drug cartel cholo gang when I sold my WRX to Vroom.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oddly enough the only mod I did to my WRX was adding a sound deadening trim panel to the passenger footwell. Panel was from the Crosstrek.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Oddly enough the only mod I did to my WRX was adding a sound deadening trim panel to the passenger footwell. Panel was from the Crosstrek.
You're a :unicorn: my dude.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

5 Pages over a cross trek, and I get like 2 comments when I refurbish an M3?
This is pure balderdash I tells ya.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:58 pm Can confirm that I lost my invite to join the drug cartel cholo gang when I sold my WRX to Vroom.
:sad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm 5 Pages over a cross trek, and I get like 2 comments when I refurbish an M3?
POTM
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm 5 Pages over a cross trek, and I get like 2 comments when I refurbish an M3?
Last update was June 2nd on :melon: 3/4/5 on a thread that is also 5 pages long…
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:07 pm
POTM
Pure balderdash.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That being said, aside from the lack of gusto, I like the Crosstrek, it's a lifted awd hatch.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:34 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 am

That's quickly approaching :unicorn: status.
Sorta but they sold like 300-500k a year of these things. It honestly isn't that hard...

It is hard to find one that has under 150k miles and an owner that actually gave a damn. People really drove these things like Land Cruisers, its just really hard to find one that isn't all used up.

That said @Chris can you give me a price point/miles/truk vs non truk ?
I know 4x4 is a must...
No rust is a must
As mod free as possible
Rebuilt tranny is a plus (they all seem to fail)
Sub 10k I already got... but any other absolute NO NOs ?
Around this way, it is damn near impossible to find one without a rotted frame crossmember, rotted rockers, or rotted brake lines. Obviously, going west opens up options, but I'm not one to travel far for a GMT-800.

Unless it was a V8, 4WD, :manuel:, regular cab, stepside. I do regret passing on the one that popped up when I was looking for a truck, but I'm sure it wasn't nearly as nice as the Craigslist pictures made it out to be.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
Last update was June 2nd on :melon: 3/4/5 on a thread that is also 5 pages long…
:fax: :ohslap:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:09 pm
Content takes time to generate. My point stands.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:26 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:09 pm

:notsure: when threads are the same length and the :melon: patch hasn’t had an update for 2 weeks… :jizz: shining the shift boot would still get action.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:26 pm

:notsure: when threads are the same length and the :melon: patch hasn’t had an update for 2 weeks… :jizz: shining the shift boot would still get action.
I actually did condition the boot while I had the interior apart.