Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Who wants a JGC-L, when you can have....a CARNIVAL :dedong:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MrH42 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 am Who wants a JGC-L, when you can have....a CARNIVAL :dedong:
The Carnival is hot on the road
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:27 pm
:dat:

For fun I checked what they wanted to buy it (which was an option). $37k :lolgasm: :yeahok: When I took it to the :dillerman: I mentioned to the guy that they should have no problem selling it and he said "the greedy bastards won't let us have it, they think they can get more for it in their own". The dude was DOWN on the company when I told him I was corp and resigned he said "I'm jealous". THIS DUDE WORKS FOR AN INDEPENDENT DEALER. They've got new Grand Cherokee 3 rows (a vehicle I was responsible for) stacking up, and I asked him how they're selling and he said "they're too fucking expensive, nobody wants a base Jeep that costs the same as a BMW."

:nuke:
Tell that to the wrangler....

JGC-L is pretty :neat: can't say whether it'll work because there is just so much noise in the market right now... and customers are willing to pay 26k for a mirage.... Paying 62k for jeep with a nice interior and a 20 y/o engine doesn't seem that off-putting. Because it competes with minivans that sticker for about 50-55 but sell with 20k markups.
:iono: It's what the :dillerman: told me. And the Wrangler is unique because it has no available competition.

The JGCL is in the most competitive segment in the industry. 3 Row "SUVs" are the modern day minivans. Every single OEM makes one and they range from basic bitch to luxobarge. The Jeep dealer yesterday had 20 JGCL's on the lot, easy. They had ZERO Durangos. They share a lot with the Hyundai dealer that has nothing. The Subaru dealer next to that has nothing, and the GMC dealer on the other side has a few Acadias. The Toyota dealer across the street has nothing. The fact that the JGCL is brand new and stacking up on the lot when everything else is sold out is :notsure:

Cross shop a Toyota Highlander and a JGCL and the Jeep is a $3-$5k MSRP premium similarly equipped. For a 20y/o powertrain, nice design and a pretty nice interior. There's nothing special about it over the competition.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:07 am
MrH42 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 am Who wants a JGC-L, when you can have....a CARNIVAL :dedong:
The Carnival is hot on the road
I actually think it looks nice.

The Kia Telluride is a direct competitor to the JGCL, looks nice and sold out everywhere.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

IMO people who would be JGCL buyers don't know it exists yet. It's a new model and segment to the brand.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am IMO people who would be JGCL buyers don't know it exists yet. It's a new model and segment to the brand.
Very possible. :dillerman: has them parked out front along the road, hard to miss them, especially if you're in the market for such a vehicle.

Time will tell.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am IMO people who would be JGCL buyers don't know it exists yet. It's a new model and segment to the brand.
Yea the Kia came out swinging during superbowel. Time will tell. Tellurides go way over sticker too
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I think when the Wagoneer hits the lots the GCL sales will go up. That car will obviously be a three row vehicle to people driving by, whereas the GCL might look too much like a new 2 row GC.

Speaking of I saw a black Grand Wagoneer a couple weeks ago. In pictures I don't like it, but in the street it had tons of presence. Equal to a Navigator or Escalade.
max225

https://www.stoneridgechryslerjeepdodge ... 875211.htm

Damn 64k for a V6 that comes in a 25k challenger SXT.

My local :dillerman: have a few of them in stock also... but quite a few in "transit" but it'll be interesting... as mentioned. Minivans are apparently out of stock everywhere... have the highest demand and they retail for a bit above sticker.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:57 pm https://www.stoneridgechryslerjeepdodge ... 875211.htm

My local :dillerman: have a few of them in stock also... but quite a few in "transit" but it'll be interesting... as mentioned. Minivans are apparently out of stock everywhere... have the highest demand and they retail for a bit above sticker.
Ford dealer told my buddy, who "needs" an F150 so his wife can safely transport the kids to the soccer field, that the chips are coming in now and they should expediate the orders. I'll post up when they take delivery. :like:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:24 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:57 pm https://www.stoneridgechryslerjeepdodge ... 875211.htm

Ford dealer told my buddy, who "needs" an F150 so his wife can safely transport the kids to the soccer field, that the chips are coming in now and they should expediate the orders. I'll post up when they take delivery. :like:
Yea for sure... they supposedly have 60-70k units waiting on chips somewhere that are fully built. And during their earnings call they stated they are about to go full steam on all production.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

To be fair that is probably fully loaded minus the Hemi.

But the V6 is merely just adequate from everything I've read. Hopefully Jeep will let you spec the Hemi in some of the lower trims in the future.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm

To be fair that is probably fully loaded minus the Hemi.

But the V6 is merely just adequate from everything I've read. Hopefully Jeep will let you spec the Hemi in some of the lower trims in the future.
It is fully loaded outside of the engine.

And no, the Hemi will never be available on lower trims. Thank the .gov for that.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... iF_ek0qyZE

This is where I took the truck. $52k for a Limited (middle grade) that's not even loaded.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:07 am https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... iF_ek0qyZE

This is where I took the truck. $52k for a Limited (middle grade) that's not even loaded.
It's probably competitive for what you get for $50k in other brands.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:34 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:07 am https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... iF_ek0qyZE

It's probably competitive for what you get for $50k in other brands.
Not at all. I had to do the math for my job. The JGC is a $3-5k premium to mainstream competition comparably equiped.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh. I know the limited trim was basically heated/vented seats, heated wheel etc but not really anything else on the last gen FCA cars, but this one appears to have a full digital cluster too which even the Selluride isn't available with. Regardless I trust you but I really like how that specific one looks.

That Jeep lifestyle markup
max225

Well other than covid FCA msrps we’re always 5-10k too high. Unlike the Japanese counterparts. We’ve
Had a few arguments on this forum in the past where someone is “refusing to buy a car without a discount” I have brought up the point that the msrp is completely irrelevant to the final transaction price. The market will price these no matter what the sticker says. I.e not getting a penny of a Toyota may be a better deal than “saving” 5k on an fca product. That seems to :triggered: some. (This convo was about porsches though, with :waxer: )

At Subaru you walk in and you get “value” for your msrp. And it’s rarely discounted much. Same with Toyota… which is why I was bitching about gladiators costing 10k more than my turd equally equipped. That’s just a fact .. and pre covid gladiators had 10k on the hood because the market gave no fucks. Now they are at sticker and Toyota is at 10k markup.
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 am

Well other than covid FCA msrps we’re always 5-10k too high. Unlike the Japanese counterparts. We’ve
Had a few arguments on this forum in the past where someone is “refusing to buy a car without a discount” I have brought up the point that the msrp is completely irrelevant to the final transaction price. The market will price these no matter what the sticker says.

At Subaru you walk in and you get “value” for your msrp. And it’s rarely discounted much. Same with Toyota… which is why I was bitching about gladiators costing 10k more equally equipped. That’s just a fact .. and pre covid gladiators had 10k on the hood because the market gave no fucks. Now they are at sticker and Toyota is at 10k markup.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 am Oh. I know the limited trim was basically heated/vented seats, heated wheel etc but not really anything else on the last gen FCA cars, but this one appears to have a full digital cluster too which even the Selluride isn't available with. Regardless I trust you but I really like how that specific one looks.

That Jeep lifestyle markup
All of them get digital clusters, even Laredo's. It's the only competitive feature advantage other than towing capacity (6,600 lbs).

I like the look, I think it's the best looking 3 row in the segment, but it's still expensive.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:00 am All of them get digital clusters, even Laredo's. It's the only competitive feature advantage other than towing capacity (6,600 lbs).

I like the look, I think it's the best looking 3 row in the segment, but it's still expensive.
:disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:28 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:00 am All of them get digital clusters, even Laredo's. It's the only competitive feature advantage other than towing capacity (6,600 lbs).

Such future.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:34 am
coogles wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:28 am

Such future.
Should've started putting digi-dashes in cars back in these days. Definitely would have been an improvement over real gauges.

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:48 am

Such future.
Should've started putting digi-dashes in cars back in these days. Definitely would have been an improvement over real gauges.

They did.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archived/ ... uchscreen/
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:48 am

Such future.

My 1998 Crown Vic had a digi dash and no tach for 410k miles.