Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 pm
Yea, unless you get a :unicorn: month long offer from Carvana like I did (still no clue how), it's tough to make a move. Things have to line up just right, which speaking of...

:dillerman: told me today that the 4R ship date has been pushed back to the end of the month. He has no idea why, but told me I shouldn't expect it before the middle of December because of this. May come sooner, but unlikely. I expected this 100% because of shipping bottlenecks, so I'm not at all surprised. He did say that the dealer offers rental cars and that they'd work out a "great rental rate" to bridge the gap if I need, so I told him to just keep me posted as it changes status and I'll decide closer to the time.

So my 12/8 Carvana offer will have to be the one, meaning I'll miss out on the $800 extra offer I got for this week. But even the 12/8 date may or may not work depending on when Carvana wants it picked up and when the 4R comes in. Lots of :notsure: going on, so we'll just have to see.

Flexibility is key right now to make things work.
:disappoint: but not at all surprising...

I could just :dealwithit: until an 86 came in... I don't "need" a car at all, but I just really want one. If it wound up taking six months, it would be pretty :rage: inducing and I'd likely wind up buying something other than the 86 and just being in a worse position. As far as brand new goes, the 86 is really the only thing I want that's "available" right now.
If you found a dealer with one already coming in that you liked, the wait wouldn't be that crazy. A month or two it seems, tops. :iono: This is a once in a lifetime :plac: opportunity, and I'm going to seize it if I can!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:25 pm

:disappoint: but not at all surprising...

I could just :dealwithit: until an 86 came in... I don't "need" a car at all, but I just really want one. If it wound up taking six months, it would be pretty :rage: inducing and I'd likely wind up buying something other than the 86 and just being in a worse position. As far as brand new goes, the 86 is really the only thing I want that's "available" right now.
If you found a dealer with one already coming in that you liked, the wait wouldn't be that crazy. A month or two it seems, tops. :iono: This is a once in a lifetime :plac: opportunity, and I'm going to seize it if I can!
I'm going to assume most, if not all 86s in this area are going to be spoken for, at least we'll into next year.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So..........how many manual transmission high performance 4 door cars for under $100K are available in America?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:38 pm So..........how many manual transmission high performance 4 door cars for under $100K are available in America?
1. BMW M3 (340i, 440i)
2. CT5-V
3. CT4-V
4. WRX-STI
5. WRX? (Not high performance enough ?)
6. Civic HypeR
7. Jetta GLI?

Also why don't you post in our car thread. Let this man make some choices
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:38 pm So..........how many manual transmission high performance 4 door cars for under $100K are available in America?
1. BMW M3 (340i, 440i)
2. CT5-V
3. CT4-V
4. WRX-STI
6. Civic HypeR
7. Jetta GLI?

It was a Griffcentric question.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm going to assume most, if not all 86s in this area are going to be spoken for, at least we'll into next year.
Never know? :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:41 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm

1. BMW M3 (340i, 440i)
2. CT5-V
3. CT4-V
4. WRX-STI
6. Civic HypeR
7. Jetta GLI?

It was?

:iono: that a Jetta GLI belongs in this list, it is an economy car with some 'pep to its step'.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:41 pm

It was?

:iono: that a Jetta GLI belongs in this list, it is an economy car with some 'pep to its step'.
MANUAL DONKEY DICK ONLY, AUTOMATIC IS FOR CUCKS is at least in your wheelhouse, yep.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:57 pm

It was?

MANUAL DONKEY DICK ONLY, AUTOMATIC IS FOR CUCKS is at least in your wheelhouse, yep.
I think all I've done is make it clear that I don't want to drive an auto and been deemed :wrong: many times for my personal preference.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:01 pm

I think all I've done is make it clear that I don't want to drive an auto and been deemed :wrong: many times for my personal preference.
Everyone has a personal preference... I don't think that's :wrong:

And no one called you out on it, if its right for you it's not :wrong:

We actually all drive quite different vehicles on this forum. Keeps it interesting.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:05 pm

We actually all drive quite different vehicles on this forum. Keeps it interesting.
:word: I agree. Just :notsure: on the Desertbreh comment :ohwell:

I do enjoy seeing where we've all graduated to from the :mk6: days. It sounds like we're about to lose one of our remaining eggs!
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm

I do enjoy seeing where we've all graduated to from the :mk6: days. It sounds like we're about to lose one of our remaining eggs!
I think his strong sarcasm can me occasionally come off as offensive. But I’ll let him answer that piece.

I don’t mind us losing another egg. We’re all(most of us) pretty much using the revolving door approach even in 21. Which is quite shocking given the current vehicular climate.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:31 pm

I think his strong sarcasm can me occasionally come off as offensive. But I’ll let him answer that piece.

I don’t mind us losing another egg. We’re all(most of us) pretty much using the revolving door approach even in 21. Which is quite shocking given the current vehicular climate.
Is it though? You said it the other day that the current used market is bringing more new buyers to the market. We might be the most savvy group of car buyers on the interwebz, so it kind of makes sense?
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Is it though? You said it the other day that the current used market is bringing more new buyers to the market. We might be the most savvy group of car buyers on the interwebz, so it kind of makes sense?
It does.
If savvy just means "money"
I would put us somewhere in the middle... I think the savvy guys picked up manuel Chevy SS's and held them for a profit, swapped for say 996 turbos last year and flipped those again for profit, since those piles are appreciating rapidly as well. And had some sort of :dillerman: connections on rare models that allowed for sub market price hook ups and price dumps (I think most of us do not)

I think most of us at best break even, which is obviously quite easy in this market and encouraging these latest moves from 1/2 of us. I think for now it seems like the smart things to do, as even guys who pretend to be "stupid" like Hoovie have done the exact same thing and are making out like bandits.

But we're certainly not anywhere near the car buying public or even our Lord and savior Uncle :plac:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My brothers roommate has a blood cucktrek sport. I should tell him how badly carvana wants it.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:21 pm My brothers roommate has a blood cucktrek sport. I should tell him how badly carvana wants it.
They have zero in inventory at Carvana and Subaru has zero in new inventory. So it really is a seller's market right now since apparently people want them bad enough to pay $10k more than new for them. :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:40 pm
It does.
If savvy just means "money"
I would put us somewhere in the middle... I think the savvy guys picked up manuel Chevy SS's and held them for a profit, swapped for say 996 turbos last year and flipped those again for profit, since those piles are appreciating rapidly as well. And had some sort of :dillerman: connections on rare models that allowed for sub market price hook ups and price dumps (I think most of us do not)

I think most of us at best break even, which is obviously quite easy in this market and encouraging these latest moves from 1/2 of us. I think for now it seems like the smart things to do, as even guys who pretend to be "stupid" like Hoovie have done the exact same thing and are making out like bandits.

But we're certainly not anywhere near the car buying public or even our Lord and savior Uncle :plac:
Well, not so much to make money, just keeping a pulse on the market and making moves when the right deals come up. Somewhere between Hoovie and uncle :plac: I think.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

As to my strong sarcasm, I would hope that the few remaining denizens of this shithole realize that I would probably fly to personally post bail for them after an unfortunate encounter with law enforcement/otherwise things go sideways on them. And you in particular Maximillian. Therefore you should read my comments like we are sitting at a bar together and I and attempting to provide some levity to the otherwise ridiculous adventure we call life.

And Griff IS IN FACT DONKEY DICK ONLY. Not a god damned thing wrong with it automatics have ruined the fucking planet just like iphones and door dash. I am in fact attempting to purchase the last donkey dick giant small dick compensating earth destroyer on the planet. Probably will be impossible but TBD.

Sheesh guys we can't all be agreeable metrosexuals driving hybrid Toyotas and nodding our heads politely every god damned minute.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am

As to my strong sarcasm, I would hope that the few remaining denizens of this shithole realize that I would probably fly to personally post bail for them after an unfortunate encounter with law enforcement/otherwise things go sideways on them. And you in particular Maximillian. Therefore you should read my comments like we are sitting at a bar together and I and attempting to provide some levity to the otherwise ridiculous adventure we call life.

And Griff IS IN FACT DONKEY DICK ONLY. Not a god damned thing wrong with it automatics have ruined the fucking planet just like iphones and door dash. I am in fact attempting to purchase the last donkey dick giant small dick compensating earth destroyer on the planet. Probably will be impossible but TBD.

Sheesh guys we can't all be agreeable metrosexuals driving hybrid Toyotas and nodding our heads politely every god damned minute.
:dat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:28 am

FWIW, I don't think Dirk comes off as offensive. Even his "offensive" posts are nothing more than :lolol: trolltastic wordsmithery, IMO.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:28 am
FWIW, I don't think Dirk comes off as offensive. Even his "offensive" posts are nothing more than :lolol: trolltastic wordsmithery, IMO.
:dat: and it's all they're intended to be. :trollface:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:56 am
wap wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:53 am
:dat: and it's all they're intended to be. :trollface:
No doubt.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I look forward to seeing you spin the earth backwards with every last clutch dump in that donkey dildo equipped, overpowered ox cart.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 pm

I look forward to seeing you spin the earth backwards with every last clutch dump in that donkey dildo equipped, overpowered ox cart.
:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Pure gold, as always.