Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:08 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 am

Like I said, modern car seats have “expiration dates” that are there for probably cash grabbing reasons but also because safety regulations for car seats is constantly evolving. Same way cars are continuously getting bigger.

FWIW, the seat we have fits just fine in the GTI. Now, I am also not 6’0”+ so I can’t comment that, but some car seats are for sure hella bulkier
Well I use a seating position that is where most people 5’6” would be :lolol: After some track time you just get used to it, and I’m rather short legged for my height, this is why has room can be an issue for me. If a GTI has the room, a JL certainly would work unless we wound up with Coogs lucky and had triplets or something, in which case seppuku would be inevitable.
lol thanks bruh.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Welp, been driving this thing pretty extensively lately. Regularly taking 4 people in it over the last few weeks, everyone is surprised by the space inside and comfort in the back. I've really started to love this thing, it's hard to explain. We've taken it down some 2-tracks that most wouldn't dare take less than a Jeep down, we've gone all over the area on 2-lane roads, indicated MPG overall is 31, I haven't taken the time to calc by hand because I fill it up every time I get 5 gallons for the boat because why not, so it doesn't get below a half tank as a result.

Power has been the biggest surprise IMO, the 2.5 is just so damned adequate. Passed a slow tourist driver yesterday with 4 people in the car, minimal drama. My buddy in the back seat even mentioned "this thing can move!" Sport mode is legit :lolol: mode, which took me by surprise for such a thing. It's really quite dangerously close to fun.

I'd have a hard time going to a car without adaptive cruise. It is a godsend around here since I'm driving on mostly 2-lane roads with people that can't keep consistent speed for anything. Even the lane assist is 5/7 most of the time.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. I even woke up early this morning and washed it because it was dirty. Wiped down the inside, it's got 2,200 miles on it and still looks/smells/feels new. Weird how much I like this thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm Welp, been driving this thing pretty extensively lately. Regularly taking 4 people in it over the last few weeks, everyone is surprised by the space inside and comfort in the back. I've really started to love this thing, it's hard to explain. We've taken it down some 2-tracks that most wouldn't dare take less than a Jeep down, we've gone all over the area on 2-lane roads, indicated MPG overall is 31, I haven't taken the time to calc by hand because I fill it up every time I get 5 gallons for the boat because why not, so it doesn't get below a half tank as a result.

Power has been the biggest surprise IMO, the 2.5 is just so damned adequate. Passed a slow tourist driver yesterday with 4 people in the car, minimal drama. My buddy in the back seat even mentioned "this thing can move!" Sport mode is legit :lolol: mode, which took me by surprise for such a thing. It's really quite dangerously close to fun.

I'd have a hard time going to a car without adaptive cruise. It is a godsend around here since I'm driving on mostly 2-lane roads with people that can't keep consistent speed for anything. Even the lane assist is 5/7 most of the time.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. I even woke up early this morning and washed it because it was dirty. Wiped down the inside, it's got 2,200 miles on it and still looks/smells/feels new. Weird how much I like this thing.
:like:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm Welp, been driving this thing pretty extensively lately. Regularly taking 4 people in it over the last few weeks, everyone is surprised by the space inside and comfort in the back. I've really started to love this thing, it's hard to explain. We've taken it down some 2-tracks that most wouldn't dare take less than a Jeep down, we've gone all over the area on 2-lane roads, indicated MPG overall is 31, I haven't taken the time to calc by hand because I fill it up every time I get 5 gallons for the boat because why not, so it doesn't get below a half tank as a result.

Glad you're enjoying the "adequate: CTrek! :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Did you :dock: in it yet
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:25 pm Did you :dock: in it yet
No, probably won't IN it, but on it (RTT camping). I believe there's enough space in the backseat if needed :doe:

The boat is a far better :dock: machine. In, on, around, I love that thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Glad you're enjoying the "adequate: CTrek! :like:
Enjoying it WAY more than I should.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I missed all this car seat talk. My mom would drive my sister and I on road trips in a 1972 Volvo 140 wagon....:manuel:. Even though "safe" because Volvo, my sister and I put the seat down flat put suitcases down the middle, and then we each had out own "side" of the car. ZFG on seatbelts. Now my mother would be apprehended by Child Protective Services.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

I'm still intrigued by the Crosstrek and reading your take on it makes me want one a bit more. I've been reading up a bit more on the CX-30 too and like it quite a bit, even though I didn't have any interest in it at all ~1 month ago.

Also agree with the bolded. It's a game changer and I can't imagine having a car without it after having experienced it on a long road trip.
wap

I love the ACC in the wife's H.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I used the ACC on my dads explorer when I borrowed. It was great at DC metro highways where people cannot seem to decide on their cruising speed, or even picking which lanes for that matter :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 pm

I'm still intrigued by the Crosstrek and reading your take on it makes me want one a bit more. I've been reading up a bit more on the CX-30 too and like it quite a bit, even though I didn't have any interest in it at all ~1 month ago.

Also agree with the bolded. It's a game changer and I can't imagine having a car without it after having experienced it on a long road trip.
I'm pretty set on buying a Transit as my second vehicle to #vanlyfe. Transit mostly so I can get ACC, it and the Sprinter are the only options.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:19 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 pm

I'm pretty set on buying a Transit as my second vehicle to #vanlyfe. Transit mostly so I can get ACC, it and the Sprinter are the only options.
For a cargo van the transit is pretty nice really. Can get AWD too if you want that or care.

Fraud doe.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I've always thought that a transit connect would be a cool :millennial: car. Small enough to use as a regular car in cities, big enough to sleep inside fairly easily. It doesn't tow a boat :doe:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Corbeau sent me a link to ask for feedback from my racing seat purchasing experience.
This is all it had. Thumbs up or thumbs down. They're interested in my feedback, but don't really want specifics.

Show me you care without showing me you care
:amaze:

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 pm I've always thought that a transit connect would be a cool :millennial: car. Small enough to use as a regular car in cities, big enough to sleep inside fairly easily. It doesn't tow a boat :doe:
I like those. Cmax was same chassis. Drove ok. Decent to own short term.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:19 am
For a cargo van the transit is pretty nice really. Can get AWD too if you want that or care.

Fraud doe.
Yep, an AWD one would be nice. Fraud's also the only OEM making a modern cargo van in a small wheelbase.

Fraud :doe: ...that's a big hesitation.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 pm I've always thought that a transit connect would be a cool :millennial: car. Small enough to use as a regular car in cities, big enough to sleep inside fairly easily. It doesn't tow a boat :doe:
An EcoBoost Transit would tow the boat no problem. And the 130" wheelbase model is about the same size as the "smallest" F-150, which with cab forward seating and better visibility, should be pretty maneuverable for something so large. It would haul anything, and we could sleep in it for long trips.

But on the flip, it'd be like $60k to get a van and outfit it for sleeping. That's a lot of hotels and airBNB's, and the Cucktrek gets much better mileage and easier to drive just due to size alone.

Still no need at all for a 2nd vehicle, sooo this is all just speculation.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fun :whocares: fact: transit connects are built in Turkey.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:08 pm Fun :whocares: fact: transit connects are built in Turkey.
And aren't all the ones exported to the US shipped with rear seats to avoid some stupid archaic tax?
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:08 pm Fun :whocares: fact: transit connects are built in Turkey.
And aren't all the ones exported to the US shipped with rear seats to avoid some stupid archaic tax?
Same reason they cram a third row bench in Tiguans? :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Pretty much, but I also saw some panel cargo like versions on the road in the US, which I assume the backseat space only used for cargo.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:13 pm
Same reason they cram a third row bench in Tiguans? :iono:
My assumption for that is to only give us the Allspace to keep up with the CUV competition. I believe the Nissan Rogue is also optional with 3rd row, but clearly doesn’t seem to be suitable when you look at the space past 2nd row. In Turkey and in Europe also has that 3rd row Tiggy as well, but obviously the regular Tiguan is a much better seller.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:50 am
Pretty much, but I also saw some panel cargo like versions on the road in the US, which I assume the backseat space only used for cargo.
No… he’s saying that Ford puts back seats in the cargo ones to avoid export/import taxes and then takes the rear benches off when they’re stateside and sells them as cargo vans.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:51 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:50 am

No… he’s saying that Ford puts back seats in the cargo ones to avoid export/import taxes and then takes the rear benches off when they’re stateside and sells them as cargo vans.
:dat:

I thought I read that somewhere....

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 524765002/

Damn, the Transit Connect is probably going to be a money loser if it isn't already.