SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 pm

How is the truck doing on fuel economy?
18.5 average over 10k miles
Not as bad as I would have thought...
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

So for the cruise control, I just had the idea that I'll order that whenever I get my refund check for Carmax for what they held for any additional interest accrued on my Jeep loan before the payoff is finalized. I should get nearly the full $150 back, so that'll be an easy drop on the part and harness since it's already not in my account and won't feel like I'm actually spending more money.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm So for the cruise control, I just had the idea that I'll order that whenever I get my refund check for Carmax for what they held for any additional interest accrued on my Jeep loan before the payoff is finalized. I should get nearly the full $150 back, so that'll be an easy drop on the part and harness since it's already not in my account and won't feel like I'm actually spending more money.
Max is no longer proud of you and your "feel good" semantics. Cash is cash bro.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm So for the cruise control, I just had the idea that I'll order that whenever I get my refund check for Carmax for what they held for any additional interest accrued on my Jeep loan before the payoff is finalized. I should get nearly the full $150 back, so that'll be an easy drop on the part and harness since it's already not in my account and won't feel like I'm actually spending more money.
:dat:

Order that shit now and cruise into the sunset.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:42 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:25 pm

18.5 average over 10k miles
Not as bad as I would have thought...
It isn’t terrible. But obviously it isn’t that great either. I have some occasional single digit mpg trips due to the hill that I live on.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:57 pm
Money is all fake anyways.
SAWCE

Prelim quote from my old boss who has an AllState office now came back at $90/month lower than what I pay now for insurance. He's gonna see if he can get me another discount, but an extra $90-100/month saved is :nice:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

We're getting fairly consistent low-mid 30's in the bigger and heavier Sonata with the bigger 2.5 I4 and auto6 so I imagine your 30 will climb a bit over time, especially once you start driving more highway miles.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:00 pm We're getting fairly consistent low-mid 30's in the bigger and heavier Sonata with the bigger 2.5 I4 and auto6 so I imagine your 30 will climb a bit over time, especially once you start driving more highway miles.
:notbad: at all.
SAWCE

Forgot that I'd made a largish purchase on my Amazon Prime Visa card a month or two back, and ended up having to return the item after I'd already paid the card off, so I had a "negative" balance on that card. Used some of that to buy the cruise control buttons and wire harness. Found another seller on Ebay with it up for $75 and a bunch of reviews from buyers saying that it worked for them when they added it to their car. Shipment from Korea going to take a month or so, but will update when it gets in and I get it installed.

WeatherTech front and rear mats will deliver today. Trunk/cargo mat was backordered 3 weeks, so that'll be here around the end of the month.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:52 am Forgot that I'd made a largish purchase on my Amazon Prime Visa card a month or two back, and ended up having to return the item after I'd already paid the card off, so I had a "negative" balance on that card. Used some of that to buy the cruise control buttons and wire harness. Found another seller on Ebay with it up for $75 and a bunch of reviews from buyers saying that it worked for them when they added it to their car. Shipment from Korea going to take a month or so, but will update when it gets in and I get it installed.

WeatherTech front and rear mats will deliver today. Trunk/cargo mat was backordered 3 weeks, so that'll be here around the end of the month.
Did you get your first gas tank in ? Curious what you will average.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:52 am Forgot that I'd made a largish purchase on my Amazon Prime Visa card a month or two back, and ended up having to return the item after I'd already paid the card off, so I had a "negative" balance on that card. Used some of that to buy the cruise control buttons and wire harness. Found another seller on Ebay with it up for $75 and a bunch of reviews from buyers saying that it worked for them when they added it to their car. Shipment from Korea going to take a month or so, but will update when it gets in and I get it installed.

Did you get your first gas tank in ? Curious what you will average.
I had to fill it up on Monday cause the :dillerman: didn't (I think he said he was going to, but he was kinda all over the place, older (70+) dude, seemed a little scatterbrained.. they also didn't wash/vacuum it).. I put about 3/4 of a tank IIRC (8.946 gallons). I fill it every weekend, so Saturday or Sunday I'll have my first tracked fuel-up with mileage.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbra is touching my no no place with all these sport pack W211s

@SAWCE what sort of MPG are you seeing? I averaged about 36mpg combined in a rental I had back in 2017
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:35 pm Desertbra is touching my no no place with all these sport pack W211s

@SAWCE what sort of MPG are you seeing? I averaged about 36mpg combined in a rental I had back in 2017
We won't know until the weekend.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Should have read the thread

:lolol:
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:35 pm Desertbra is touching my no no place with all these sport pack W211s

Onboard calc is showing 30-32.. I reset that the evening of or the day after I took delivery so that it'll reflect my actual driving, but yeah.. I've only had the thing for 72 hours at this point :lol: will report hand (fuelly) calculated MPGz this weekend.
SAWCE

Was browsing tires this morning during my cardio to kill time and see what to expect when I do need new :meat: … what kinds of tires are you people putting on commuter cars like these?

195 65r15, most of the options were grand touring all-seasons, with a few “performance” all-season options. There was one summer option, Pirelli P6000, but I don’t think I’m going to put $1300 of rubber on a $13k car…
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm Was browsing tires this morning during my cardio to kill time and see what to expect when I do need new :meat: … what kinds of tires are you people putting on commuter cars like these?

195 65r15, most of the options were grand touring all-seasons, with a few “performance” all-season options. There was one summer option, Pirelli P6000, but I don’t think I’m going to put $1300 of rubber on a $13k car…
Whatever has above 500 treadwear rating from a decent brand. Probably something from Yokohomo, Sumihomo, Bridgestoned, etc. I would look to be at or below $600 a set INSTALLED.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm Was browsing tires this morning during my cardio to kill time and see what to expect when I do need new :meat: … what kinds of tires are you people putting on commuter cars like these?

I would second Eric's vote to find some OEM Elantra wheels that look better than the hubcaps for starters. I imagine they could be had on eBay or something for pretty darn cheap.

:iono: about tires, what would you want to get out of them? Nice ride/quiet? More performance/fun?

These cars actually drive pretty decent, I would be tempted to grab some Elantra Sport or whatever the more fun trim wheels are with a bit bigger/better tires and make it a bit of a funnish car. It's light, manual, and a decent NA motor, it could be kind of like a 2002-2005 Civic Si in terms of driving feel with decent wheels and tires I bet.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:45 pm

I would second Eric's vote to find some OEM Elantra wheels that look better than the hubcaps for starters. I imagine they could be had on eBay or something for pretty darn cheap.

:iono: about tires, what would you want to get out of them? Nice ride/quiet? More performance/fun?

These cars actually drive pretty decent, I would be tempted to grab some Elantra Sport or whatever the more fun trim wheels are with a bit bigger/better tires and make it a bit of a funnish car. It's light, manual, and a decent NA motor, it could be kind of like a 2002-2005 Civic Si in terms of driving feel with decent wheels and tires I bet.
All the take off wheels seem to be 16”, which is still relatively small, so not too worried about the increase in size.. If I go that route I’d put some 205 55 or 60 summer tires on it for some grip and fun.

If I stick with the stock steelies then I’ll go Max’s suggested route and just put a high treadwear all-season and just :aintcare:
SAWCE

Also, loan at my credit union for the Jeep still isn’t showing as closed.. Gonna give Carmax until tomorrow morning and then call them to find out when they’re paying that shit off.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:52 pm

All the take off wheels seem to be 16”, which is still relatively small, so not too worried about the increase in size.. If I go that route I’d put some 205 55 or 60 summer tires on it for some grip and fun.

If I stick with the stock steelies then I’ll go Max’s suggested route and just put a high treadwear all-season and just :aintcare:
Makes sense/cents.

I think it would be worth dropping a few hundo extra to make it a bit more fun/stylish since you plan to keep it for a long time. Peer pressure :trollface:
max225

Just don't go with a cheapish brand... That's my main suggestion. No big O store brand, no NEXXXEN, no TigerPAW
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Just don't go with a cheapish brand... That's my main suggestion. No big O store brand, no NEXXXEN, no TigerPAW
:word: I liked the Hankook Ventus V12 on the GTI, but didn’t see those in this little 15” size. Some real wheels with little sticky summer tires could be a lot of fun in this car…
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

General G-max RS is supposed to be a good cheap summer tire. That's what I was going to buy for my car if I kept it.