BombSawce Elantra

Strut your greasy stuff!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

WeatherTech liners ordered from our very own parts dilling brownbear.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:31 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:18 pm

:butwhy:

Find some OEM wheels on eBay and send it and forget it.
Because if/when the clutch ever needs to be replaced, I might as well put something in it that makes driving more enjoyable :iono: as stated, I’m not just ripping the clutch out tomorrow. It’s an idea for if the clutch ever goes. Maybe by then I’ll be used to how this one feels, but right now it’s just mush with now discernible grabbing or engagement point.
By the time you blow up the clutch in the Hyundai you should be able to get your balls back unless you're creating crotchfruit left and right. Besides, is there even such thing as a "performance" Hyundai clutch?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don’t understand the whole crotchfruit argument. You can have kids and a fun car.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:44 pm I don’t understand the whole crotchfruit argument. You can have kids and a fun car.
You're out of money when you make CF. Fun cars cost money. That's the argument.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:35 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:31 pm

Because if/when the clutch ever needs to be replaced, I might as well put something in it that makes driving more enjoyable :iono: as stated, I’m not just ripping the clutch out tomorrow. It’s an idea for if the clutch ever goes. Maybe by then I’ll be used to how this one feels, but right now it’s just mush with now discernible grabbing or engagement point.
By the time you blow up the clutch in the Hyundai you should be able to get your balls back unless you're creating crotchfruit left and right. Besides, is there even such thing as a "performance" Hyundai clutch?
There probably isn’t any sort of performance clutch option.. won’t even look until/unless I get to that point.

This is more just commentary one my one real complaint other than not having cruise control. That one at least appears to be an easy fix, so if a soft clutch is my only complaint in a three-year-old, $14k car, then life is pretty good.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

There was another way, but everyone wants to drive a god damned Hyundai.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

I would buy a 2nd gen Volt if looking for a cheap appliance, personally... 20 mpg on premium doesn't sound like a fun even if you don't run into any German car maintenance issues.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:13 pm

I would buy a 2nd gen Volt if looking for a cheap appliance, personally... 20 mpg on premium doesn't sound like a fun even if you don't run into any German car maintenance issues.
:sad:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:09 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

:notbad:

But.. 9 years newer and less than half the miles. Plus my :manuel:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:09 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

:notbad:

But.. 9 years newer and less than half the miles. Plus my :manuel:
Yeah man. Just my obligatory W211 E350 Sport bukkake fest.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:36 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:35 am Also just keep an eye on the engine code/type and whatever recalls come with them. Hyundai/Kia had some class action lawsuits with their GDI engines (I believe in the generation prior to this one). My friend’s 2013 sonata engine blew up at like 40k miles and they’re replacing it for free.
Noted, thanks!
My sons 2012 Optima (Sonata sister car) grenaded with 170k and Kia replaced it under the recall..... I am still blown away that they did that.....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:36 am

Noted, thanks!
My sons 2012 Optima (Sonata sister car) grenaded with 170k and Kia replaced it under the recall..... I am still blown away that they did that.....
:amazing:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:13 pm

My buddy is averaging 27 in his (500 miles to the giant 21 gal tank). 120k miles and counting.

Paid 22k otd about 2 years ago @80k miles
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I somehow missed that this is a :manuel: :impressive:

I'd rock the steelies, personally. The smaller the wheels, the better.

Also curious if cruise can really be added with just buttons and a harness.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 pm I somehow missed that this is a :manuel: :impressive:

I'm hopeful that it can. Right now I'm not driving too much on the freeway, so I'll leave it alone until I have my next trip to go visit Mama Sawce planned, and then I'll grab those parts and see what happens. If it works, awesome! If not, I've wasted $130 on far more stupid things, and I can always try returning it since Paypal/Ebay generally leans to the side of the customer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 pm I somehow missed that this is a :manuel: :impressive:

I'm hopeful that it can. Right now I'm not driving too much on the freeway, so I'll leave it alone until I have my next trip to go visit Mama Sawce planned, and then I'll grab those parts and see what happens. If it works, awesome! If not, I've wasted $130 on far more stupid things, and I can always try returning it since Paypal/Ebay generally leans to the side of the customer.
My grandpa had an aftermarket cruise control put on his Gen 4 Buick Skylark, worked perfectly till the day he sold it.
SAWCE

Very preliminary, but after a few days of driving around, the onboard MPGZZZ calculator is showing right around 30. I filled up yesterday (the dealership didn't fill it up before I took delivery, which I thought they were going to, but whatever) and I'll calculate by hand.. but if 30 is accurate I'll be cruising around at nearly double the fuel efficiency of the Jeep (16.2mpg according to all my Fuelly logs).

Fuelly is also saying my average price/gallon filling the Jeep was $3.28, with an average fuel-up cost of $37.70, so averages out to 11.5 gallons per fill up.

I generally fill the tank every week when I make my run to Costco for groceries.. so assuming the same average gas prices over the next few years and 30mpg vs 16, I'll be putting in an average of 6.2 gallons every week at an average fuel-up cost of $20.36. Average savings of $17.34/week or $75.14/month.

Will report back with actual calculated fuel economy after a month or so to get a decent amount of data points.

Are you proud of me, Max?

I'm bored AF at work.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:45 pm

My grandpa had an aftermarket cruise control put on his Gen 4 Buick Skylark, worked perfectly till the day he sold it.
I've seen some guaranteed aftermarket solutions, but they're an extra stalk that comes out of the wheel.. not what I'd like to do, but it will be my fallback plan for adding cc if the OEM button/harness doesn't work.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:01 pm Very preliminary, but after a few days of driving around, the onboard MPGZZZ calculator is showing right around 30. I filled up yesterday (the dealership didn't fill it up before I took delivery, which I thought they were going to, but whatever) and I'll calculate by hand.. but if 30 is accurate I'll be cruising around at nearly double the fuel efficiency of the Jeep (16.2mpg according to all my Fuelly logs).

Fuelly is also saying my average price/gallon filling the Jeep was $3.28, with an average fuel-up cost of $37.70, so averages out to 11.5 gallons per fill up.

I generally fill the tank every week when I make my run to Costco for groceries.. so assuming the same average gas prices over the next few years and 30mpg vs 16, I'll be putting in an average of 6.2 gallons every week at an average fuel-up cost of $20.36. Average savings of $17.34/week or $75.14/month.

Will report back with actual calculated fuel economy after a month or so to get a decent amount of data points.

I'm bored AF at work.
:lol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:45 pm I'm hopeful that it can. Right now I'm not driving too much on the freeway, so I'll leave it alone until I have my next trip to go visit Mama Sawce planned, and then I'll grab those parts and see what happens. If it works, awesome! If not, I've wasted $130 on far more stupid things, and I can always try returning it since Paypal/Ebay generally leans to the side of the customer.
I put aftermarket cruise on my MR2 Spyder too, but I'm :notsure: about aftermarket solutions for modern cars without mechanical throttles. It could be either a lot easier or next to impossible.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:01 pm Very preliminary, but after a few days of driving around, the onboard MPGZZZ calculator is showing right around 30. I filled up yesterday (the dealership didn't fill it up before I took delivery, which I thought they were going to, but whatever) and I'll calculate by hand.. but if 30 is accurate I'll be cruising around at nearly double the fuel efficiency of the Jeep (16.2mpg according to all my Fuelly logs).

I'm bored AF at work.
Very !

I spent $402 on gas last month. :thisisfine:

I’m on fuelly also… I’d assume gas prices of $4.50 a gallon + from here on out
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm bored AF at work.
Very !

How is the truck doing on fuel economy?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I'm bored AF at work.
Very !

:thanksbiden:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Very !

How is the truck doing on fuel economy?
18.5 average over 10k miles
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I put aftermarket cruise on my MR2 Spyder too, but I'm :notsure: about aftermarket solutions for modern cars without mechanical throttles. It could be either a lot easier or next to impossible.
Agreed