Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:01 pm Dang, $1,950 from the :dillerman: for TuRD wheels and Wildpeak AT3w's. :notbad: TBH.

AND they'll use the factory sensors AND give me the factory wheels (without sensors) to sell on my own. Maybe I can get $500 for them.

I know it's :fullretard: but I really like the look and the tire upgrade will be wise here. :troywax:
Yea... you can likely get 500-800 for the other wheels/tires. $1950 sounds about right... i guess $1200 for tires and $800 wheels.
It's actually $900 for wheels ($225 per) and $932 for tires ($233 per) Then $90 to mount, balance, install, He sent me the breakdown so I've got it documented.

Honestly, it's about what I would pay if I sourced everything myself when you factor in shipping costs. I'm kinda surprised.

No clue what the market is for stock new take off 4R wheels here. It's not a huge Toyota off-road market. I'll be happy with $500 :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Yea... you can likely get 500-800 for the other wheels/tires. $1950 sounds about right... i guess $1200 for tires and $800 wheels.
It's actually $900 for wheels ($225 per) and $932 for tires ($233 per) Then $90 to mount, balance, install, He sent me the breakdown so I've got it documented.

Honestly, it's about what I would pay if I sourced everything myself when you factor in shipping costs. I'm kinda surprised.

No clue what the market is for stock new take off 4R wheels here. It's not a huge Toyota off-road market. I'll be happy with $500 :doe:
I mean the tires are worth it alone...

The Toyota parts prices are very decent. Which is why I kept going OEM for everything.

For ex there is an aftermarket truck bed lock. Pop lock or whatever its $130 toyota introduced OEM kit for $135. Why the eff would anyone get anything else. :lol:
max225

I was really surprised at Toyota wheel + some accessories prices... $95 bed mat, $200 per wheel for OEM, $400 skid plate...

That at or below aftermarket. Unlike BS like BMW... $2k per wheel bullshit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:12 pm
Just resale. Lighting $2k on fire when we decide to sell it.

But I just don't like the stock wheels much and if I'm changing tires anyway...
If I lived in Northern Michigan and I bought one of those I would probably never sell it.
I'm done kidding myself that a vehicle will last any period of time with us. BUT, the 4R is really the only thing out there that fits our needs, so we'll see.

I'm hoping that any future :plac: can be funneled toward a second vehicle that's more fun car oriented (BR86), or maybe an EV thing. I like the idea of the 4R being a constant dependable do-all staple in the fleet :doe: It addresses the concerns we had with the JL, with only one downside (powertrain).

Only time will tell.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm

If I lived in Northern Michigan and I bought one of those I would probably never sell it.
I'm done kidding myself that a vehicle will last any period of time with us. BUT, the 4R is really the only thing out there that fits our needs, so we'll see.

I'm hoping that any future :plac: can be funneled toward a second vehicle that's more fun car oriented (BR86), or maybe an EV thing. I like the idea of the 4R being a constant dependable do-all staple in the fleet :doe: It addresses the concerns we had with the JL, with only one downside (powertrain).

Only time will tell.
It is also going to ride a lot better and basically be the most dependable vehicle in the galaxy. DBest has already shown you what can be done with that platform in terms of off road amusement.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:21 pm

I mean the tires are worth it alone...

The Toyota parts prices are very decent. Which is why I kept going OEM for everything.

For ex there is an aftermarket truck bed lock. Pop lock or whatever its $130 toyota introduced OEM kit for $135. Why the eff would anyone get anything else. :lol:
Because POISON SPYDER mall scene points.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Only time will tell.
It is also going to ride a lot better and basically be the most dependable vehicle in the galaxy. DBest has already shown you what can be done with that platform in terms of off road amusement.
Rides better, is a lot quieter and more refined feeling, and yep will go anywhere ZFG. We used to do a lot of DBest esque wheeling with the ZR2 and JT, will be doing more with the 4R for sure. Hopefully out west even.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:27 pm I was really surprised at Toyota wheel + some accessories prices... $95 bed mat, $200 per wheel for OEM, $400 skid plate...

That at or below aftermarket. Unlike BS like BMW... $2k per wheel bullshit.
Overall, Toyota accessories are legit :notbad: priced.

I worked accy's at GM, and the biggest issue we had was pricing. It was expensive for us to make, then we had to add a markup to sell to the distributor, then the distributor marked up to the dealer then the dealer marked up to the customer. It made parts way too expensive compared to the aftermarket, but the quality was generally better so people paid it. MOST of the sales were at the point of sale like my 4R case where a customer asked to add something before delivery.

Somehow Toyota has managed to keep accessories reasonably priced. No idea how/why, but their market share of accy's must be crazy high. The quality looks awesome, yet price is reasonable. I legit like the TuRD wheels more than any others on the 4R.
ChrisoftheNorth

Looks like Carvana might have fixed the glitch on the Cucktrek. Just got a new quote, and it's down to 31,9.

I'll accept the 34,2 offer tonight then, 2,300 is just about tax on the 4R.

They'll be losing money on me, we'll see if they attempt to correct the glitch as I go through the process.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am Looks like Carvana might have fixed the glitch on the Cucktrek. Just got a new quote, and it's down to 31,9.

They'll be losing money on me, we'll see if they attempt to correct the glitch as I go through the process.
31.9 is still above sticker :doe:

:fullretard:

Save your vin somewhere I’ll be curious to see when it hits the market.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:07 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am Looks like Carvana might have fixed the glitch on the Cucktrek. Just got a new quote, and it's down to 31,9.

31.9 is still above sticker :doe:

:fullretard:

Save your vin somewhere I’ll be curious to see when it hits the market.
Oh I know! Sticker was $27k, I paid $30k OTD, so 31.9 is STILL a $2k profit. :mindblown:

But I want all them profits...

Oddly, I'm going through the process now and it still says that the offer expires tomorrow even after uploading a few docs. :notsure: If I need to get everything uploaded then just schedule pickup a few weeks out orr???
ChrisoftheNorth

Uploaded everything and now under a 1-2 day doc review. Will they fix the glitch?

:popcorn:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am Uploaded everything and now under a 1-2 day doc review. Will they fix the glitch?

Don’t plow the driveway … good luck to them trying to tow it out of there
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:24 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am Uploaded everything and now under a 1-2 day doc review. Will they fix the glitch?

:lolol:

Well, I'm driving out of town next week so they literally cannot come get the car. I can schedule delivery next week, but I and the car won't be here. I get back two days before the 4R is scheduled to arrive, so hoping I can just push off pick up until the day after or something.

But I'm more expecting an email like:

"Thank you for submitting your documents and moving forward with selling us your car! We're excited to get it. Unfortunately upon further review of your documents, we've identified an issue with your offer and we won't be able to proceed with this offer. We still want your 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, and we invite you to submit a new purchase offer to complete the sale."
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:30 am

Well, I'm driving out of town next week so they literally cannot come get the car. I can schedule delivery next week, but I and the car won't be here. I get back two days before the 4R is scheduled to arrive, so hoping I can just push off pick up until the day after or something.

"Thank you for submitting your documents and moving forward with selling us your car! We're excited to get it. Unfortunately upon further review of your documents, we've identified an issue with your offer and we won't be able to proceed with this offer. We still want your 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, and we invite you to submit a new purchase offer to complete the sale."
Given how mismanaged these companies are they give 0 shits about making money. Your paperwork was sent to the Philippines where someone is just matching names and clicking a green button to proceed.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:38 am

Given how mismanaged these companies are they give 0 shits about making money. Your paperwork was sent to the Philippines where someone is just matching names and clicking a green button to proceed.
:notwrong:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Take it to them man.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

All Vroom customer support was base here and supremely helpful. Maybe carvana does farm out their support, but I agree I doubt anyone is going to care, or know that your offer is :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:01 pm All Vroom customer support was base here and supremely helpful. Maybe carvana does farm out their support, but I agree I doubt anyone is going to care, or know that your offer is :mindblown:
Yea, it's all just wait and see at this point. I did get an email warning me that all documentation must be complete by the expiration, which is tomorrow. They have 2 days to respond, so I'm full expecting...

"Thank you for your interest in selling your 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport to us. While we're looking forward to purchasing your vehicle, we identified additional documentation required to complete the sale listed below. Unfortunately, your offer has now expired, so we ask you to submit a new appraisal with all required documentation."
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:38 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:01 pm All Vroom customer support was base here and supremely helpful. Maybe carvana does farm out their support, but I agree I doubt anyone is going to care, or know that your offer is :mindblown:
Yea, it's all just wait and see at this point. I did get an email warning me that all documentation must be complete by the expiration, which is tomorrow. They have 2 days to respond, so I'm full expecting...

"Thank you for your interest in selling your 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport to us. While we're looking forward to purchasing your vehicle, we identified additional documentation required to complete the sale listed below. Unfortunately, your offer has now expired, so we ask you to submit a new appraisal with all required documentation."
:iono: I don't think they give a shit, I bet it goes through no problem.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

When I submitted the documentation it all got approved in a couple hours. And even if the offer expires before that and they're just waiting on approval of your docs, that offer will still be good. The rest is all driven by algorithm, there are no humans checking this shit. See: Zillow, which then proceeded to lay off 1/3 of its workforce. The same thing will happen with Carvana, guaranteed.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:22 pm When I submitted the documentation it all got approved in a couple hours. And even if the offer expires before that and they're just waiting on approval of your docs, that offer will still be good. The rest is all driven by algorithm, there are no humans checking this shit. See: Zillow, which then proceeded to lay off 1/3 of its workforce. The same thing will happen with Carvana, guaranteed.
I got an e-mail that indicated the contrary...
All of your valid documents must be uploaded, and approved prior to your appraisal’s expiry date.
Still sitting in "Review".

I sound paranoid because I fully expect them to catch the glitch (30 day offer for WAY more than it should be), and figure out some way to make it null. Leaving me in review status past the expiration could do it based on above communication.

:aintcare: :doe: :dillerman: offered $30k which is break even, or just get another quote and accept for $32k. Missing out on a few grand, but I never thought it was real to begin with.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'm sure the Toyota dealer knows your situation? They might be able to provide a used car as a rental or donor.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:14 pm

I'm sure the Toyota dealer knows your situation? They might be able to provide a used car as a rental or donor.
Yep, the dealer is aware and has offered a "deal" on a rental. But that's not going to be necessary now that the 4R has a real actual ETA.

Absolute worst case: I trade it into them for break even.

Best case: Carvana actually follows through with the glitch and I schedule pick up the day after I get the 4R in 2 weeks.

Most likely scenario: I sell to Carvana or Vroom for a few $k profit (which is still :mindblown: )
ChrisoftheNorth