Camper Chat 1.0

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Man if one gets a new trailer+new truck or the likes + stays somewhere at these prices it turns out to be an enormously expensive proposition, especially after you factor in gas prices/near single digit mpg to get to the destinations... The great equalizer is crotchfruit as it would allow you to offset quite a few of the expenses of a say a flight ticket for them. And or of course getting a cheap ass 20 yo truck and trailer... but that's for the poors apparently.
baw, ain't no near about it, anything gas will be single digits, diesel might squeeze out 12 or 12 depending on size of thing you are towing.
Dudebro was telling me he is getting 12 on his 2018 Silverado with a 5500# trailer. :notsure: if true but I tend to discount the mileage everyone tells me by 20% because people are weird and lie about that shit lol
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:17 pm

baw, ain't no near about it, anything gas will be single digits, diesel might squeeze out 12 or 12 depending on size of thing you are towing.
Dudebro was telling me he is getting 12 on his 2018 Silverado with a 5500# trailer. :notsure: if true but I tend to discount the mileage everyone tells me by 20% because people are weird and lie about that shit lol
yeah he's 95% in single digits. Maybe he's saying 12mpg on perfectly flat ground behind another truck or something.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

How crack rock is this? $11k for a used micro trailer with no a/c. :wtf:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 114398162/

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am How crack rock is this? $11k for a used micro trailer with no a/c. :wtf:

These little things are pricey bro...especially this one with OFFROAD TIRES :triggered:

Also, A/C is worthless unless you're in an area with hookups, which defeats the purpose of the off-road tires.

I installed that same Fantastic fan in the popup this winter, and it's awesome. We couldn't believe how well it cooled down the entire camper. A dual direction fan is key :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am How crack rock is this? $11k for a used micro trailer with no a/c. :wtf:

These little things are pricey bro...especially this one with OFFROAD TIRES :triggered:

Also, A/C is worthless unless you're in an area with hookups, which defeats the purpose of the off-road tires.

I installed that same Fantastic fan in the popup this winter, and it's awesome. We couldn't believe how well it cooled down the entire camper. A dual direction fan is key :doe:
my yamaha 2000w inverter will run a small ac unit over night. I just dont get the massive cost for size on them. You have a wildly different climate as well. We can't escape the heat. If no ac, id rather just tent camp like a poor.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 pm

my yamaha 2000w inverter will run a small ac unit over night. I just dont get the massive cost for size on them. You have a wildly different climate as well. We can't escape the heat. If no ac, id rather just tent camp like a poor.
Then you've got this thing buzzing along all night to provide AC. I guess I just don't see the point in camping if AC is needed. I just wouldn't camp, but I don't understand how/why most people chose to camp in glorified parking lots and whatnot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Then you've got this thing buzzing along all night to provide AC. I guess I just don't see the point in camping if AC is needed. I just wouldn't camp, but I don't understand how/why most people chose to camp in glorified parking lots and whatnot.
its actually whisper quiet. cant hear over the fan blowing. Its why I sprung for the ultra nice one.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I love having some white noise to fall asleep to. It’s hard for me to sleep without it. A fan is usually sufficient; but we have looked into some different glorified parking lots for future stuff if/when we grab a small TT.
Just my mileage, yours may vary.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 am "This is earth, not space."

:lolol:
:bow:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm
I love having some white noise to fall asleep to. It’s hard for me to sleep without it. A fan is usually sufficient; but we have looked into some different glorified parking lots for future stuff if/when we grab a small TT.
I spent my age 10-18 years camping nearly once every single month. In a tent. Shitting in the woods. Cooking on a small stove of open fire.

Im over it. Dplac came down here during the flood era for a moment. Imagine trying to sleep in that humidity. I'll take a lil glamping in my later years. If I was in the mountains, 100% would not need an ac.
ChrisoftheNorth

Everyone camps different, I'm clearly in the minority with preferring to be completely alone in the middle of nowhere without even a toilet. I will say, that the fan worked incredible, it helped far more than I expected it to.

And white noise at night...the crickets and frogs were epic this weekend. I fall asleep fastest to that sound.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 pm

I spent my age 10-18 years camping nearly once every single month. In a tent. Shitting in the woods. Cooking on a small stove of open fire.

Im over it. Dplac came down here during the flood era for a moment. Imagine trying to sleep in that humidity. I'll take a lil glamping in my later years. If I was in the mountains, 100% would not need an ac.
Oh, I don't blame you. I wouldn't camp down there, no way. Maybe in the winter?

Problem is, what the hell are you going to do during the day? When it's that hot/humid, there's not much enjoyable unless you're floating in a lake or river or something somewhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

BTW, picked up a 2000w honda knock-off generator from HF a few months ago to have as a "just in case". I brought it this weekend with grand plans of being able to work in the wilderness, and was impressed by how quiet it was. But when I turned it off, I realized how loud it still was.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:25 pm

Everyone camps different, I'm clearly in the minority with preferring to be completely alone in the middle of nowhere without even a toilet. I will say, that the fan worked incredible, it helped far more than I expected it to.

And white noise at night...the crickets and frogs were epic this weekend. I fall asleep fastest to that sound.
As long as you’re not sitting on your ass at home it’s all good, IMO. Nothing beats being outdoors.

I’ll also probably buy a boat before a camper. #carpediemMF :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

few months back at a local bar, dude bro in a lift jku with steel bumpers and 35 telling everyone he getting 24mpg on highway from his intake and tune. :lolol: He had a few people gathered around proclaiming just how great of mileage this lifted :jeep: got.

:yeahok:

chalupabatman was super :triggered:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:23 pm
few months back at a local bar, dude bro in a lift jku with steel bumpers and 35 telling everyone he getting 24mpg on highway from his intake and tune. :lolol: He had a few people gathered around proclaiming just how great of mileage this lifted :jeep: got.

:yeahok:

chalupabatman was super :triggered:
I get 24mpg in a fucking mini :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sweating in your sleep is for peasants and voluntarily doing it for "fun" is insane.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Sweating in your sleep is for peasants and voluntarily doing it for "fun" is insane.
Always speaking the truth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Can't disagree. I've yet to need AC when sleeping to keep from sweating when camping :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I like camping in a tent :iono:

It's typically nice enough at night here, even in the summer.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:40 pm I like camping in a tent :iono:

Same here. :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:40 pm I like camping in a tent :iono:

We are also the only two who don’t find the “tent” :jeep: :disgust:

I guess we are just more rugged :sissyfight:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:26 pm
We are also the only two who don’t find the “tent” :jeep: :disgust:

I guess we are just more rugged :sissyfight:
:gaydance:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:33 pm Image

Here’s something that hasn’t seen daylight in a while.
:ohmy:
Off on an adventure??
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:03 am
Apex wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:34 pm

:ohmy:
Off on an adventure??
Yarp. Off to Brohio for a few days Next week and also stopping at Raystown for a couple nights on the way back.
:nice:
Have fun!