Pinshitting Glamper

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Are there other things she likes to do outside?

My wife isn't into MTB either, but if we're going to somewhere that has good trails, I'll bring my bike and ride while she hangs out at the site reading, or goes for a hike or swim, or something. She loves just being outside, so it works well for us.
Casual hiking and dog things, which I'm just not that into.
Right...but she does that while you MTB? Seems like a win/win.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:46 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Brandon no longer lives in the desert, he lives in San Diego, which is most temperate year round climate in the U.S.
Yea...but any camping he does will essentially be desert. Don't have to go too far east from SD to hit desert. Anza Borrego, etc.
True.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Found this company today, hard-sided folding camper. Interesting trailers IMO.
https://www.trailmanor.com/
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm Found this company today, hard-sided folding camper. Interesting trailers IMO.
These seemed to disappear in the 90's. I was always intrigued by them as a kid. Someone near me as an old one that's huge, but I've never seen it moved for the 20 years I've lived here.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:53 am

That's awesome.

My parents do the whole 33' trailer with a big F-350 dually - went to Nashville on Sunday and will be back in a week and a half.

I don't want to do that.
I don't get that lyfe. Why not just stay in hotels wherever you want to go? Probably the same price at the end of it all.

If I want to camp, I'm camping. Not bringing my second home with me.
There are social lifestyle issues. His parents probably don't hate people like you do and enjoy meeting others doing the same thing.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm Found this company today, hard-sided folding camper. Interesting trailers IMO.
Oh wow, this is :neat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 pm
I don't get that lyfe. Why not just stay in hotels wherever you want to go? Probably the same price at the end of it all.

If I want to camp, I'm camping. Not bringing my second home with me.
There are social lifestyle issues. His parents probably don't hate people like you do and enjoy meeting others doing the same thing.
Then just stay in the fucking city where there's people everywhere. Completely defeats the purpose.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Camper chat: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=818

Let's leave Detroit's thread to glamping and mason jar bistro lights with his rad new fiberglass tub instead of loading it up with hatred of RV parks and 5th wheels.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:10 am

Then just stay in the fucking city where there's people everywhere. Completely defeats the purpose.
You really are a cowboy aren't you? Take your "completely defeats the purpose" purist talk and :gtfo: There are LEGIONS of blue hairs piloting $70K plus dually diesel pickups (although that's for pussies, really, Freightliner FL60 is the :dedong: king of the road) pulling epic triple axle multi slide trailers that have more square footage than an average house in CA. These people drive together, they park together, they spend their evenings together talking about diesel power, small dogs and grandchildren. They sleep on mattresses far better than yours with the A/C turned to 72. They generators in their trailers are powerful enough to light a small town. They don't care what some guy who sleeps in an ancient origami box in some dusty campsite in the middle of nowhere thinks.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 am
You really are a cowboy aren't you? Take your "completely defeats the purpose" purist talk and :gtfo: There are LEGIONS of blue hairs piloting $70K plus dually diesel pickups (although that's for pussies, really, Freightliner FL60 is the :dedong: king of the road) pulling epic triple axle multi slide trailers that have more square footage than an average house in CA. These people drive together, they park together, they spend their evenings together talking about diesel power, small dogs and grandchildren. They sleep on mattresses far better than yours with the A/C turned to 72. They generators in their trailers are powerful enough to light a small town. They don't care what some guy who sleeps in an ancient origami box in some dusty campsite in the middle of nowhere thinks.
:lolol: :bravo:

POTD nominee, but its still early folks
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, and I think that's fucking absurd.

I HATE it when those fuckers roll into my nice quiet camp ground and first thing they do is crank on the goddamned generator, ruining my peace and quiet, so they can sit in a/c and facespace with the grandkids while watching Murder She Wrote.

Nothing :triggers: me more.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:46 am Camper chat: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=818

Let's leave Detroit's thread to glamping and mason jar bistro lights with his rad new fiberglass tub instead of loading it up with hatred of RV parks and 5th wheels.
Oh, nice. good call.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 pm

I HATE it when those fuckers roll into my nice quiet camp ground and first thing they do is crank on the goddamned generator, ruining my peace and quiet, so they can sit in a/c and facespace with the grandkids while watching Murder She Wrote.

That's peasant talk
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 pm

That's peasant talk
Exactly. Peasants sleep in the woods. These rich fuckers belong in hotels being pampered the way they want.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

That's peasant talk
Exactly. Peasants sleep in the woods. These rich fuckers belong in hotels being pampered the way they want.
I am impressed at how truly angry you are about this.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm
I really enjoy camping...spending time outside like that has a profound impact on my state of being...I refer to it as my "reset". Since I hate cities and am forced to live and spend the vast majority of my time in one, my camping time is priceless to me.

When these motherfuckers roll in bringing the city to my reset place, it really makes me angry. Fortunately, they all seem to like to sit in glorified parking lots which I'll clearly never understand, but when they do venture into the wilderness, they're ruining the experience for everyone.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:49 pm

I really enjoy camping...spending time outside like that has a profound impact on my state of being...I refer to it as my "reset". Since I hate cities and am forced to live and spend the vast majority of my time in one, my camping time is priceless to me.

When these motherfuckers roll in bringing the city to my reset place, it really makes me angry. Fortunately, they all seem to like to sit in glorified parking lots which I'll clearly never understand, but when they do venture into the wilderness, they're ruining the experience for everyone.
I don't mind if they stick to the RV parks/areas though.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:49 pm

I don't mind if they stick to the RV parks/areas though.
It makes zero sense, but doesn't hurt anything. They don't always keep to those places though.
ChrisoftheNorth

Took Friday off to go camping this weekend. Got rained out, but decided to stay anyway. Spent most of Friday afternoon and Saturday in the camper, lots of card games, :dock: and etc. Really a solid trip, but we cut it short leaving Saturday night when the wood we stole from another site was too wet to make a fire with.

Stayed at a federal campground in the middle of BFE. Was really nice, paved level spot to setup the camper, tons of space between sites, had a beautiful lake right by the sites. 4/7 overall, would have been 5/7 without the rain.

This was from our site:

On Saturday, we discovered a brewery 20 minutes from the campground to check out during the rain. Alabaster'd IPA was fantastic. Very hoppy...lots of pine and floral with minimal bitterness. Really surprising.

We bought the camper with the hope of not getting rained out, and this weekend proved it works. Some improvements to make still (for some reason the right side wheel hub spits grease making the wheel nasty looking), and the furnace is still finicky, plus it still needs a lot of general cleaning, but it's been fun. Next trip in two weeks.

:excited:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:nice: trip Dplac! Looks like you guys will get a ton of use out of the glamper!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

its a lifestyle thing. It doesnt work for all.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat:

from a guy witha tent on wheels :lolol:

I get both ideas of the outdoors. I really do. I spent my 10-18 year range camping primitively once a month. Some where more cushy than others if we packed an ice chest along. #thanksboy/girlscouts

The amount of hate primitive camping people have for all the above is even greater than Chris' hate of RV culture.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 am

I get both ideas of the outdoors. I really do. I spent my 10-18 year range camping primitively once a month. Some where more cushy than others if we packed an ice chest along. #thanksboy/girlscouts

The amount of hate primitive camping people have for all the above is even greater than Chris' hate of RV culture.
Yea, I know we don't really "camp" anymore to some people, but I just can't understand these RV park things. At least we're alone in the woods in the middle of nowhere...minimal power and amenities. We're still in a "tent" to an extent, "roughing" it or whatever.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 am

Yea, I know we don't really "camp" anymore to some people, but I just can't understand these RV park things. At least we're alone in the woods in the middle of nowhere...minimal power and amenities. We're still in a "tent" to an extent, "roughing" it or whatever.
But you enjoy it an thats what matter.

Hell, Im DONE with a tent. I can set my 2 man timberline tent up in the rain with my eyes closed. And I choose not to.

I'd much rather progress to something like you have. its a great compromise. RV's and large trailers with showers are super efficient if you have activities and power sports planned. its a super lux base camp. Park and get going. If I was away from the house for more than a long weekend, you bet your ass I'd want a nice shower in my own camper/RV.

But you are right, is that "outdoors"? I can tell you after dealing with 100 degree heat and humidity along with 20 degree snow in a tent, I have no shame in saying I will take the RV.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RV Parks.. man, I don't get them either. I get if you are traveling cross country and RV is a hell of a way to make it simple.

BUt we have friends/family that have the $200k RV to load up and go to places like this.... "Cajun Palsm RV Park:" Its a resort style water park specifically catering to RVs and campers... :wtf:

this is their weekend getaway...

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... efault.jpg

but they also dont call it "outdoors" or nature. So I am :aintcare: how they :waxer: away their income on activities.