General Zhukov's visit to the Valley of Death

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:09 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:00 pm https://turo.com/checkout/onboarding?en ... eId=485841

Here is a JL $429 vs what I paid $281. He also has a 800 mile cap with $1 per mile after... making this trip $1500 through him. :lolgasm:

Yea FUCK THAT
You said yourself you shouldn't put 2000 miles on somebody's private vehicle. He apparently agrees.
Turo is great for around town derp'ing but going on serious road trips is not an option because owners wanna make money etc...
max225

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:00 pm https://turo.com/checkout/onboarding?en ... eId=485841

Here is a JL $429 vs what I paid $281. He also has a 800 mile cap with $1 per mile after... making this trip $1500 through him. :lolgasm:

Yea FUCK THAT
You said yourself you shouldn't put 2000 miles on somebody's private vehicle. He apparently agrees.
Regardless of miles, the average Jeep rate is 50% higher than I can get from an agency.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Turo is great for around town derp'ing but going on serious road trips is not an option because owners wanna make money etc...
:dat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Regardless of miles, the average Jeep rate is 50% higher than I can get from an agency.
I think Turo is a really cool service and I’d like tryit our sometimes but I don’t find it particularly affordable.

Next month I’m renting a Mustang GT for 2 weeks with full insurance and unlimited miles from Hertz for $620.
Looking at Turo I can get a RAV4 or a 5 year old Mustang V6 for the same price at $44 a day.
max225

Swedish Chef wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:09 pm
I think Turo is a really cool service and I’d like tryit our sometimes but I don’t find it particularly affordable.

Next month I’m renting a Mustang GT for 2 weeks with full insurance and unlimited miles from Hertz for $620.
Looking at Turo I can get a RAV4 or a 5 year old Mustang V6 for the same price at $44 a day.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It really depends on where you are/what your criteria for a "good car" are... it's obviously all over the map.

We used Turo recently in Miami - Fiat 500C manual for less than anything I could've gotten from the agencies... now this was a five-six year old car with 100k miles on it... to some, that's way worse than say, a brand new Nissan Versa, but we enjoyed farting around in it and it was way more fun/cheaper. I also rented a 370Z in Sacramento for pretty cheap.... and it's a great way to try out something niche you can't get elsewhere, like a :manual: anything, a C987 Porsche, etc.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:amazing:

That is cheap AF. I never seem to be able to get availability of these kinds of cars, and when I do, they are twice that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

That is cheap AF. I never seem to be able to get availability of these kinds of cars, and when I do, they are twice that.
Rental cars are definitely one of those categories where I always pay 2X the price for a 2X shittier experience than everyone else on the internet seems to. I am pretty firmly in the Turo camp now because of this.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Rental cars are definitely one of those categories where I always pay 2X the price for a 2X shittier experience than everyone else on the internet seems to. I am pretty firmly in the Turo camp now because of this.
I think most people don't disclose the whole enchilada. Just like most internet bro deals on new car sales.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 am

I think most people don't disclose the whole enchilada. Just like most internet bro deals on new car sales.
What do you mean the $15k in equity from my trade doesn't count towards the price of the car I tell people on the internet????
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 am

What do you mean the $15k in equity from my trade doesn't count towards the price of the car I tell people on the internet????
Exactly this.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: like quoting the price without taxes or some other :bs: :disgust:

Normally with Turo :doe: the price winds up actually being the price without any fuckery and at least you get the car you signed up for instead of a way worse "or similar" or having to pay more for an "upgrade" because they don't have what you originally asked for.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Normally with Turo :doe: the price winds up actually being the price without any fuckery and at least you get the car you signed up for instead of a way worse "or similar" or having to pay more for an "upgrade" because they don't have what you originally asked for.
Nah brah Turo is rape some dude is charging $49/day for car X and I can get the same car X from rental company for $35/day* so it’s a rip off.

*plus $30/day in airport rape fees and tax
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm Update: Booked wrangler through Sixt, it is specifically listed as Jeep Wrangler, not similar or anything, has it's own rental code too, that starts with a J.

:popcorn: on whether it will be JL or JK :doe: i am 50/50 right now...

I hope it is a JL because this would itch a MAJOR Jeep scratch. And if it is as :amazing: as everyone says it is. I'll put in my own order when it is all said and done.

May Order: = August delivery, exactly when my M3 is going away.
:fuckyeah:

As you said yourself earlier, it wasn’t that long ago that they stopped production of the JK, so there a still a bunch of them running around as rentals.

Sixt however seem to have a nicer fleet in general, so good chance that it’s in fact a JL.
:dat: for clients that i worked with who wanted nicer rentals when they visited, 8/10 it will be sixt. Had almost no problems.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Nah brah Turo is rape some dude is charging $49/day for car X and I can get the same car X from rental company for $35/day* so it’s a rip off.

*plus $30/day in airport rape fees and tax

Taxes, airport rape fees and all other bs included. :iono:

As said, I really like the idea of Turo but there are too many on there who are taking the piss with their pricing on mundane cars.
I should also add that the rental above was surprisingly cheap and full coverage is always included when renting in the US on the Swedish sites.
max225

So this is rapidly approaching :excited: :excited: exactly 48 hrs left until I’m in a JL, I hope. :dat: 2000 mile
Test Drive.

Also any pointers on Joshua tree? There is a famous road within it I was going to do... fairly softroady :doe: I don’t think I want to go crawling with the azn just yet, she needs to be eased into it at first.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wonder if he got a JL?

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 pm Wonder if he got a JL?

:popcorn:
c'mon Max its been 56 hours since you said 48.....where da fuq are the impressions???

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :jeep: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :
max225

I love this thing ... but there are serious downsides too.... more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

For the record provided updates from literally one of the most remote places in the country + about to throw away a lump of coal cuz I :wub: you guys
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm For the record provided updates from literally one of the most remote places in the country + about to throw away a lump of coal cuz I :wub: you guys
Congrats bro!
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:48 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm For the record provided updates from literally one of the most remote places in the country + about to throw away a lump of coal cuz I :wub: you guys
Congrats bro!
Thank you :)
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah: on all!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Grats, Max!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 pm Image

I love this thing ... but there are serious downsides too.... more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waiting for your thoughts/review. I'm really curious to hear it knowing you also driven the JKU as well.