Overlanding/offroad chat.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26922
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

Melon wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am
Detroit wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

:wub: Kinetic blue.

Welcome!
:wrong:

Marine Blue Metallic.
:lolgasm:

You GMC people...
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
3rdgenfan
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:41 pm
Drives: '18 Colorado DMAX, Rabbit TDI
Location: The First State

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:47 am

Melon wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am
Detroit wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

:wub: Kinetic blue.

Welcome!
:wrong:

Marine Blue Metallic.
:lol: :lol:

Kinetic Blue it is! ;)

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am

Detroit wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am
Melon wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am


:wrong:

Marine Blue Metallic.
:lolgasm:

You GMC people...
Thankfully they're outnumbered. Can't have professional grade people running this place. That'd be :wrong:
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 9126
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: Das Scheißkiste

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Zillon wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am
Detroit wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

:lolgasm:

You GMC people...
Thankfully they're outnumbered. Can't have professional grade people running this place. That'd be :wrong:
Us GMC owners talking to Chevrolet owners.

Image
Airboat Michaelangelo.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Zillon wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am
Detroit wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

:lolgasm:

You GMC people...
Thankfully they're outnumbered. Can't have professional grade people running this place. That'd be :wrong:
:lolol:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Decided to take a very roundabout way home from the mountains yesterday.

Sadly, my hopes of finding an alternative backcountry route through the PA State Game Lands were dashed by gated private roads and closed bridges.

But the scenery was pretty.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Dirt! :triggered: :lol:

The leaf colors were fantastic this weekend.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Apex wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm
Dirt! :triggered: :lol:

The leaf colors were fantastic this weekend.
That far north (north of Rt. 80), they were a bit past their prime, but I found pockets of color here and there.

This is where I was: https://www.google.com/maps/place/State ... ,+PA+17814

Around here, it's prime leaf.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Zillon wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:55 pm
Apex wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm
Dirt! :triggered: :lol:

The leaf colors were fantastic this weekend.
That far north (north of Rt. 80), they were a bit past their prime, but I found pockets of color here and there.

This is where I was: https://www.google.com/maps/place/State ... ,+PA+17814

Around here, it's prime leaf.
Ah yeah, you were up north a bit there.

User avatar
SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13660
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Off-road bros: parents hit me up about throwing together a wish-list for Christmas. I want to put an air compressor on there.

Anyone have experience with the Amazon brand? It has some mixed reviews, but generally favorable with people talking about 35" tires and stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DD3NS5/re ... B000X90YUO

Other thoughts are Viair 300P, 400P or their smaller 88P. 300P calls out 33", 400P calls out 35" which would be future-proofing for me. I didn't see official specs for anything like that on the Amazon version, but maybe I'm a :derp: and missed it.
:sawce:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm
Off-road bros: parents hit me up about throwing together a wish-list for Christmas. I want to put an air compressor on there.

Anyone have experience with the Amazon brand? It has some mixed reviews, but generally favorable with people talking about 35" tires and stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DD3NS5/re ... B000X90YUO

Other thoughts are Viair 300P, 400P or their smaller 88P. 300P calls out 33", 400P calls out 35" which would be future-proofing for me. I didn't see official specs for anything like that on the Amazon version, but maybe I'm a :derp: and missed it.
I was going to say go with the 400P but damn that's a big jump in price. :yikes:

Looks like the Amazon one pushes 2.12 CFM and the Viair 400P is 2.3 CFM. Higher max PSI on the Viair, which means it can push more resistance.

The 88P only pushes 1.47 CFM and my 85P only pushes 1.2 CFM.

I'd say go with the Amazon one. How often do you plan on using it?
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13660
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Zillon wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm
Off-road bros: parents hit me up about throwing together a wish-list for Christmas. I want to put an air compressor on there.

Anyone have experience with the Amazon brand? It has some mixed reviews, but generally favorable with people talking about 35" tires and stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DD3NS5/re ... B000X90YUO

Other thoughts are Viair 300P, 400P or their smaller 88P. 300P calls out 33", 400P calls out 35" which would be future-proofing for me. I didn't see official specs for anything like that on the Amazon version, but maybe I'm a :derp: and missed it.
I was going to say go with the 400P but damn that's a big jump in price. :yikes:

Looks like the Amazon one pushes 2.12 CFM and the Viair 400P is 2.3 CFM. Higher max PSI on the Viair, which means it can push more resistance.

The 88P only pushes 1.47 CFM and my 85P only pushes 1.2 CFM.

I'd say go with the Amazon one. How often do you plan on using it?
:like: Thanks man. Not super often truthfully. If I can get out one weekend a month next year and do some light crawling I'd be pretty happy with that.

And yeah $70 vs $158 is crazy since their capabilities seem within arms reach of each other.
:sawce:

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm
Zillon wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 pm


I was going to say go with the 400P but damn that's a big jump in price. :yikes:

Looks like the Amazon one pushes 2.12 CFM and the Viair 400P is 2.3 CFM. Higher max PSI on the Viair, which means it can push more resistance.

The 88P only pushes 1.47 CFM and my 85P only pushes 1.2 CFM.

I'd say go with the Amazon one. How often do you plan on using it?
:like: Thanks man. Not super often truthfully. If I can get out one weekend a month next year and do some light crawling I'd be pretty happy with that.

And yeah $70 vs $158 is crazy since their capabilities seem within arms reach of each other.
I’d give the Amazon one a shot.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26922
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Apex wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm


:like: Thanks man. Not super often truthfully. If I can get out one weekend a month next year and do some light crawling I'd be pretty happy with that.

And yeah $70 vs $158 is crazy since their capabilities seem within arms reach of each other.
I’d give the Amazon one a shot.
:dat:

I have an ancient masterflow that incredibly amazon still sells...
https://www.amazon.com/Inflator-Portabl ... compressor

But the Amazon one looks legit :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13660
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Detroit wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 pm
Apex wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm


I’d give the Amazon one a shot.
:dat:

I have an ancient masterflow that incredibly amazon still sells...
https://www.amazon.com/Inflator-Portabl ... compressor

But the Amazon one looks legit :notbad:
Parents called me after I sent them the list I'd put together so my dad could ask some questions about the Amazon one. Guessing that means they're gonna grab it for me :fuckyeah: Wheeling next year :excited:
:sawce:

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26922
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Detroit wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:39 pm
:dat:

I have an ancient masterflow that incredibly amazon still sells...
https://www.amazon.com/Inflator-Portabl ... compressor

But the Amazon one looks legit :notbad:
Parents called me after I sent them the list I'd put together so my dad could ask some questions about the Amazon one. Guessing that means they're gonna grab it for me :fuckyeah: Wheeling next year :excited:
Good to have an air pump for sure.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 30489
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Dirt touching tail lights. Z went to DIRTCON 3.

:nuke:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm
Dirt touching tail lights. Z went to DIRTCON 3.

:nuke:
:iono:

Haven’t washed muh :truk: for a month.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am
Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm
Dirt touching tail lights. Z went to DIRTCON 3.

:nuke:
:iono:

Haven’t washed muh :truk: for a month.
:amazing:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

Apex wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am
Zillon wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am


:iono:

Haven’t washed muh :truk: for a month.
:amazing:
I mean I've sprayed the mud off at the car wash, that's it.

An actual hand-wash? Been since before we did our last NJ trail run.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22203
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am
Apex wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am


:amazing:
I mean I've sprayed the mud off at the car wash, that's it.

An actual hand-wash? Been since before we did our last NJ trail run.
:truk: lyfe is nice that way.

I'm really liking the Collinite 476 that I used on my :truk: so far. I'm curious to see how long it lasts.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 30632
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm
Dirt touching tail lights. Z went to DIRTCON 3.

:nuke:
:lol: :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 30489
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Zillon wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am
Apex wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am


:amazing:
I mean I've sprayed the mud off at the car wash, that's it.

An actual hand-wash? Been since before we did our last NJ trail run.
Hand wash? Nevar.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 20603
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Dplac, you buried in :haus: :pinshit: for all of eternity or will we have an opportunity to :meat: sometime this winter?
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26922
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Zillon wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm
Dplac, you buried in :haus: :pinshit: for all of eternity or will we have an opportunity to :meat: sometime this winter?
Knocking out this kitchen reno now "should" free me up for some wheeling this winter.

I'm going up to Drummond Island this weekend with a group of ZR2's. I can't take photos for shit, but the dude with the maxed out silver ZR2 is a pro photog and should capture some good stuff. Can't wait.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest