The Mudcave: Overlanding/offroad chat.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 am

Have you PM'd one of the guys from that thread you linked with the TNJT? I thought one dude had gpx files available.
I'm not a member on there, I think I have other ways of getting ahold of them though.
Ahh, gotcha. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Buddy and I took our trucks to a local (1.5 hours away :| ) offroad park yesterday...

https://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/

We didn't take many photos, but what we did take were all of the lame parts for some reason. There's actually quite a bit of challenge to be had here.

Buddy's rig is pretty sick. Midwest Overland winch mount behind stock front bumper, LED lights everywhere, topper with battery, fridge, power distribution inside, all powered by a solar panel on the roof mounted to a rhino rack. Fancy new :ramz: that he picked up last week.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 am Buddy and I took our trucks to a local (1.5 hours away :| ) offroad park yesterday...

https://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/

We didn't take many photos, but what we did take were all of the lame parts for some reason. There's actually quite a bit of challenge to be had here.

Buddy's rig is pretty sick. Midwest Overland winch mount behind stock front bumper, LED lights everywhere, topper with battery, fridge, power distribution inside, all powered by a solar panel on the roof mounted to a rhino rack. Fancy new :ramz: that he picked up last week.
I want them :ramz: !! Bronze method's would look so sweet on my :truk:
ChrisoftheNorth

They are sweet indeed, and would look great on Kinetic Blue.

I think I prefer the AEV wheels, :doe: and being able to use real beadlock rings would be 5/7 if I wanted.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 am They are sweet indeed, and would look great on Kinetic Blue.

I think I prefer the AEV wheels, :doe: and being able to use real beadlock rings would be 5/7 if I wanted.

AEV doesn't have them listed on there website? Only the snorkel is listed. They are :notbad: doe.
Apex

I would take that wheel/tire setup off your buddies rig doe. Bronze methods with WildPeak AT's in 265/70/17 :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 am They are sweet indeed, and would look great on Kinetic Blue.

AEV doesn't have them listed on there website? Only the snorkel is listed. They are :notbad: doe.
They're on the way. They announced the wheels at the same time as the snorkel. Wheels are a neat design that can convert to a real beadlock just by changing the ring, which is pretty cool when airing down big time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:17 am I would take that wheel/tire setup off your buddies rig doe. Bronze methods with WildPeak AT's in 265/70/17 :megusta:
He said the tires were only like $120 per, and they're quieter on the street than the Duratracs and worked just as well offroad yesterday. He loves them.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am

They're on the way. They announced the wheels at the same time as the snorkel. Wheels are a neat design that can convert to a real beadlock just by changing the ring, which is pretty cool when airing down big time.
That's a great idea for the beadlock ring. AEV's pricing on wheels wasn't terrible the last time I looked, hopefully these are in line with the other offerings.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:17 am I would take that wheel/tire setup off your buddies rig doe. Bronze methods with WildPeak AT's in 265/70/17 :megusta:
He said the tires were only like $120 per, and they're quieter on the street than the Duratracs and worked just as well offroad yesterday. He loves them.
:fuckyeah:

I have yet to hear anything negative about those tires.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 am
That's a great idea for the beadlock ring. AEV's pricing on wheels wasn't terrible the last time I looked, hopefully these are in line with the other offerings.
They'll be pricey, but shouldn't be insane. We'll see...

I like the stock ZR2 wheels, I doubt I'll ever change them.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

:dat:

Though mine are 18's and I'd just keep the stock size for now.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 amImage
Your buddy has impeccable taste in wheels. Those are fantastic.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:54 pm Man I just wanna get my ZR2 sliders on and off the garage floor.
:well:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 pm

:well:
Waiting on brackets that are currently on a steamboat from Jhina to Canuckistan to me.

Gonna be 5-6 weeks.
Oh yeah
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:21 pm So, it looks like I may have a weekend where the wife and :doge: are gone in September.

Kinda want to head out and check out the PA bit of the MABDR.
I rode my gravel bike on some of that stuff in Bald Eagle and Poe Paddy area. Was good. A Forester with a ballsy driver would be fine. Your truck shouldn't have a problem traversing it.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

I rode my gravel bike on some of that stuff in Bald Eagle and Poe Paddy area. Was good. A Forester with a ballsy driver would be fine. Your truck shouldn't have a problem traversing it.
Nah, not expecting problems (though with all the rain, who knows). I just wanna get out and explore.
That area was really nice. Some really good scenic overlooks in Poe Paddy. Lots of opportunities for mudding. Saw a bunch of brahs on enduro dirt bikes and Jeeps.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm

That area was really nice. Some really good scenic overlooks in Poe Paddy. Lots of opportunities for mudding. Saw a bunch of brahs on enduro dirt bikes and Jeeps.
Yep. I went to school in State College - I know the area pretty well. Lots of riding/exploring to be had.
You are a Penn State grad?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm

You are a Penn State grad?
Despite my :derp: tendencies, yes, I did graduate from an accredited (or discredited, thanks Jerry Sandusky) university.
That never happened doe. Was created solely by sports haters to discredit oblong leather sportsball.

So you went to PSU, Chris went to MSU, and you guys both spend your Saturdays cleaning mud out of tailights, laying triggerrock and :pinshit: LOL.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 pm

That never happened doe. Was created solely by sports haters to discredit oblong leather sportsball.

So you went to PSU, Chris went to MSU, and you guys both spend your Saturdays cleaning mud out of tailights, laying triggerrock and :pinshit: LOL.
Yeah I don't pay attention to foosball. :derp:
That was the whole purpose of your university.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:14 pm Yeah I don't pay attention to foosball. :derp:
:dat:

:disgust:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 pm

I did other things instead.

Like drink. And ride bikes.
Should have got :drunk: and streaked through a football game on your bike.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:31 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Should have got :drunk: and streaked through a football game on your bike.
Impossibru.

The scale of a football weekend at Penn State is hard to describe and must be experienced in person. To effectively streak the game, you’d need to first ride through 2-5 miles (depending on which direction you start from) of crowds dressed in blue and white before even reaching the stadium.
It’s only the third largest city in PA on game day.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Despite my :derp: tendencies, yes, I did graduate from an accredited (or discredited, thanks Jerry Sandusky) university.
:notsure:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am Finally have the full version of the Trans-NJ trail in my possession. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: