Camper Chat 1.0

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:22 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Detroit wrote: This is the exact argument he made. Apparently nice ones are less than $20k...
:word:

Motorhomes are not a bad deal if you have time and are handy enough to deal with them. We had a few that worked out well for going to national kart races where you are at the track for the better part of a week and practice starts at 730AM. Roll out of bed at 720 and throw your helmet on, zero to :stig: in 10 minutes.
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm

I’d go cross country with a winnebagoy thing like that with a Jeep in tow. That would be awesome.

Detroit

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm
I’d go cross country with a winnebagoy thing like that with a Jeep in tow. That would be awesome.
Pretty ideal, TBH.
Desertbreh wrote:
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Johnny_P

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:09 pm

You guys have any strong opinions on sleeping pads? I need one or two. The one I had in AZ was a foam core / blow it up rest of the way rolly jawn REI branded thing. It worked I guess but I don't know if there is something better or not. No cot, not in the cards for my tent.

Detroit

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
You guys have any strong opinions on sleeping pads? I need one or two. The one I had in AZ was a foam core / blow it up rest of the way rolly jawn REI branded thing. It worked I guess but I don't know if there is something better or not. No cot, not in the cards for my tent.
I've got a Coleman sleeping pad...sounds similar to the REI one you have. I like it just fine...I've slept on the ground many times with it. That thing on top of a cot is luxurious.

When I sleep on the ground, I like to put a few blankets down on the bottom of the tent to help keep the ground from being too cold. Then sleeping pad on top then me in sleeping bag. Comfy, warm, 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote:

Johnny_P

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Detroit wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I've got a Coleman sleeping pad...sounds similar to the REI one you have. I like it just fine...I've slept on the ground many times with it. That thing on top of a cot is luxurious.

When I sleep on the ground, I like to put a few blankets down on the bottom of the tent to help keep the ground from being too cold. Then sleeping pad on top then me in sleeping bag. Comfy, warm, 5/7.
The blanket thing is a good pro tip for car camping. Thanks. Will look into that.

• Information