Office Workouts

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Over the holidays, we finished our guest room in the lower level to be a guestroom/office. Not a ton of space because the room is small and the bed isn't, but I've got a desk, chair, and I found some 30 lb dumbbells in a closet that the previous owner left. I have enough space to do pushups, crunches, etc...but not enough space for any serious equipment. I do have a hallway directly out of the room that I could do lunges through.

I don't work 8-10 hours straight, and I'm not sure anyone really does. I've got the barbells next to my desk and if I'm feeling a bit stale, I'll stand up and do some curls...3 reps of 10 usually with 10 sit ups or push ups in between. Obviously not looking to get ripped, but figured I might as well burn some calories instead of just sitting idle at my computer when not working.

Anyone have any good exercises that can be done in a tight space to break up the workday? I'll probably pick up some resistance bands because they're easy to store.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Kettlebells! They're cheap, and you can do a LOT with two pairs of kettlebells. Snatch, overhead press, push-ups, floor presses, flys, regular and gorilla cleans, clean and press, swings, turkish get-ups, weighted leg movements like lunges, goblet or double kettlebell squats, cossack squats, deck squats, plus rows, curls, windmills, ab twists, and on and on.

If you're strong enough to do a set of 10 curls with 30lb dumbbells, I'd get a pair of 35lb and 44lb kettlebells. You'll be able to do basically everything with the 35s, then as you start to get stronger with some exercises you can start to graduate to the 44s.

https://www.onnit.com/academy/mma-fight ... kout-plan/
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:41 am Kettlebells! They're cheap, and you can do a LOT with two pairs of kettlebells. Snatch, overhead press, push-ups, floor presses, flys, regular and gorilla cleans, clean and press, swings, turkish get-ups, weighted leg movements like lunges, goblet or double kettlebell squats, cossack squats, deck squats, plus rows, curls, windmills, ab twists, and on and on.

If you're strong enough to do a set of 10 curls with 30lb dumbbells, I'd get a pair of 35lb and 44lb kettlebells. You'll be able to do basically everything with the 35s, then as you start to get stronger with some exercises you can start to graduate to the 44s.

Oh, awesome! Will need to look for some kettlebells. Wife mentioned wanting some too for her workouts, but I imagine she'll be using lighter ones than me. I never workout and find that 10 curls with 30 lbs dumbbells to be just right for now. I'm usually working for the 9th and 10th, so I'll be growing out of them in a few months I suspect.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 am
coogles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:41 am Kettlebells! They're cheap, and you can do a LOT with two pairs of kettlebells. Snatch, overhead press, push-ups, floor presses, flys, regular and gorilla cleans, clean and press, swings, turkish get-ups, weighted leg movements like lunges, goblet or double kettlebell squats, cossack squats, deck squats, plus rows, curls, windmills, ab twists, and on and on.

Oh, awesome! Will need to look for some kettlebells. Wife mentioned wanting some too for her workouts, but I imagine she'll be using lighter ones than me. I never workout and find that 10 curls with 30 lbs dumbbells to be just right for now. I'm usually working for the 9th and 10th, so I'll be growing out of them in a few months I suspect.
I got my wife a pair of 8kg/17.6lb KBs and she's into them now too. She can use a single or both 35s for a couple exercises, but uses the 8kg bells for most. Onnit has videos for every kettlebell exercise you can imagine and tons of free workout plans. Have fun! https://www.onnit.com/academy/kettlebell/
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am Over the holidays, we finished our guest room in the lower level to be a guestroom/office. Not a ton of space because the room is small and the bed isn't, but I've got a desk, chair, and I found some 30 lb dumbbells in a closet that the previous owner left. I have enough space to do pushups, crunches, etc...but not enough space for any serious equipment. I do have a hallway directly out of the room that I could do lunges through.

I don't work 8-10 hours straight, and I'm not sure anyone really does. I've got the barbells next to my desk and if I'm feeling a bit stale, I'll stand up and do some curls...3 reps of 10 usually with 10 sit ups or push ups in between. Obviously not looking to get ripped, but figured I might as well burn some calories instead of just sitting idle at my computer when not working.

Anyone have any good exercises that can be done in a tight space to break up the workday? I'll probably pick up some resistance bands because they're easy to store.
WIll (Calvin) brought this one to the workout thread a while back, I have been using variations of it for several months now during quarantine with my bands/dumbells: https://www.menshealth.com/uk/workouts/ ... challenge/

This is seriously tough, especially with 30 pounders, so don't feel like you need to actually knock out 100 reps of each thing, but they are a great set of exercises to work out almost every muscle in your body. You can find YouTube videos of the exercises as well to see the form better.

This is also a list of workouts you can do with bands/bells at home in a pretty small space to hit many groups:

1. Bent over row
2. Lateral raises
3. Curls
4. Pushups (note the different variations, wider hands will be more chest, closer more triceps)
5. Planks
6. Shoulder/overhead press
7. Squats
8. Cleans/clean presses
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am
Kegels. :hubba:

:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:25 am Over the holidays, we finished our guest room in the lower level to be a guestroom/office. Not a ton of space because the room is small and the bed isn't, but I've got a desk, chair, and I found some 30 lb dumbbells in a closet that the previous owner left. I have enough space to do pushups, crunches, etc...but not enough space for any serious equipment. I do have a hallway directly out of the room that I could do lunges through.

This is what I do in the post gym apocalypse.

Day 1: Chest, 150 pushups. 6 X 20, 2 X 15. The pushup does a LOT of other work too. Lats/back, triceps, front shoulders.
Day 2: Back. I use my total gym for this put if I didn't have one I would figure out out how to install a pullup bar somewhere and get some bands for assistance to start out. Just like the pushup does a lot, the pull up DOES WORK SON. If you can starting working up to multiple sets of pullups, FACT, your lats will have a V shape to them, you'll pull it from Infamous.
Day 3. Arms. Use your dumbells for biceps and triceps. Your pushup work will help the tris as well.
Day 4. Legs. Just grab your dumbbells and do sets of lunges up and down your hallway until your legs are screaming. Also stair work, particularly with the dumbbells, will get those quads barking as well.
Day 5. Shoulders. It would be best to have a barbell here for overhead press but I'd use the dumbells and start with 4 X 10 Arnold Presses. https://www.coachmag.co.uk/exercises/ar ... 20forwards.

I mix in ab work every other day.

I'm sure Brandon will chime in here at some point.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Day 1: Chest, 150 pushups. 6 X 20, 2 X 15. The pushup does a LOT of other work too. Lats/back, triceps, front shoulders.
Day 2: Back. I use my total gym for this put if I didn't have one I would figure out out how to install a pullup bar somewhere and get some bands for assistance to start out. Just like the pushup does a lot, the pull up DOES WORK SON. If you can starting working up to multiple sets of pullups, FACT, your lats will have a V shape to them, you'll pull it from Infamous.
Day 3. Arms. Use your dumbells for biceps and triceps. Your pushup work will help the tris as well.
Day 4. Legs. Just grab your dumbbells and do sets of lunges up and down your hallway until your legs are screaming. Also stair work, particularly with the dumbbells, will get those quads barking as well.
Day 5. Shoulders. It would be best to have a barbell here for overhead press but I'd use the dumbells and start with 4 X 10 Arnold Presses. https://www.coachmag.co.uk/exercises/ar ... 20forwards.

This is a good plan.

I’ll second or third that some resistance bands are a great tool to keep on hand. I use the EliteFTS brand. Kettlebells like Coog said are great and can be used for strength and conditioning. Try the tabata method (8 rounds of 20 seconds or work alternated with 10 seconds of rest for a total of 4 minutes) with kettlebell swings and you’ll hate your fucking life.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Interesting to hear about your home routine, sounds very thorough!

I have transitioned from different days/muscle groups to just hitting most upper body stuff all together 3X/week or doing two days of 250ish pushups and two days of back/arms/shoulders. I never really get sore with the high rep/low weight I have access to at home, so I can hit everything with just a one day break between. This has worked out nicely to go alongside my greater focus on cycling and a bit of running during the 'demic.

I'd be curious to hear your/ :sawce" 's feedback on multi day splits when working with lower weight. Back when I was moving 150-00+ pounds on barbells, I felt like more rest between days was required and did more of a shoulder day, back day, leg day, chest day corresponding with the main lifts in 531.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Get a gyroscope. If you use it enough it'll rehabilitate your wrists from being a non-stop drafting computer interneting bass playing wrenching all night COD camper killing no scoping headshot carpal tunnel loving whore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Interesting to hear about your home routine, sounds very thorough!

I have transitioned from different days/muscle groups to just hitting most upper body stuff all together 3X/week or doing two days of 250ish pushups and two days of back/arms/shoulders. I never really get sore with the high rep/low weight I have access to at home, so I can hit everything with just a one day break between. This has worked out nicely to go alongside my greater focus on cycling and a bit of running during the 'demic.

I'd be curious to hear your/ :sawce" 's feedback on multi day splits when working with lower weight. Back when I was moving 150-00+ pounds on barbells, I felt like more rest between days was required and did more of a shoulder day, back day, leg day, chest day corresponding with the main lifts in 531.
I kind of feel like the pandemic has forced me to do new things. While I certainly would appreciate some time alone on a power platform and a leg press ( and yes, I agree you need more rest after lifting heavy weight, particularly at my age) , in terms of overall shape/aesthetics, the non-gym routine above has worked pretty well, and I'll probably never get away from the pushup again after realizing how much it does.
I think legwork has been the thing I've missed the most about the gym, but I find substitutes where I can......our condo in MX is a 16 story building, so I run stairs every day I'm there.....I'm currently gassed at about sixth floor to get some air for the next but eventually I'll move up. Also I threw my Total Gym in the Brahoe and took it down there. "Vacation" is much more relaxing at this age when you stay in an exercise rhythm. I also bike when I can.

In terms of "days off".............I take a day off if my body is giving me the finger, otherwise its part of the daily routine.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I've gone from doing a bro split hitting each muscle group once or mayyyybe twice a week to doing full-body workouts 4x per week. The only area I've lost strength is in the horizontal press - I sucked at the bench press anyway - but literally everywhere else I've gotten stronger. I also don't have a bench at home from which to press and so duh, I've gotten worse at that. ymmv, but for me, let's say I was doing a chest day. Maybe I'd start with flat barbell bench and do my warm-up, then have 3 or 4 working sets. The first two would be great, the 3rd ehhhh, then the 4th I'd already starting to noticeably drop off. Now I'm moving on to flys or incline dumbbells or something and I'm already fatigued. Now I'm supposed to do 12 or 15 sets total of 4 or 5 different exercises? By the last exercise my chest is so blown to pieces that I can barely do a pushup by the time I leave the gym.

These days I'll start with say an overhead press variant, then I'll jump right into a vertical pull (pull-ups), then I'll do a posterior chain/hinging exercise, then a horizontal press, let's say push-ups on top of kettlebells with a 1/2" band across my back, then I'll do a squat variation and finish with a core movement. 6 exercises, all done in 5 to 7 minutes depending on the weight chosen and rest periods, then I'll repeat up to 5x. That 5th round of pushups is just about as strong as the first because I've hit a ton of other muscles between sets and thus have taken more time between them. Over the course of a week I do just as much "work" as I did previously, but now it's done over 4 days as opposed to all in one. I'm sure if your goal is a compete in bodybuilding this isn't the way to go, but I've long since given that up and now train purely for performance, and my fitness level pre-covid was the best it's been in years. Anyway, that's my $.02.
ChrisoftheNorth

This...this is exactly what I was looking for. Desertman delivers.

Pullups are a LONG ways off...in fact I don't think I've ever been able to do one, not that I've tried much. Not much opportunity for a pullup rig in the house, but open to alternatives.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Good for making tight spaces even tighter. :hue:
:zing:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Good for making tight spaces even tighter. :hue:
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Full disclosure: I don't really have the interest to get THAT into fitness. I'm not looking to work out muscle groups or certain routines or whatever. My goal is to develop a daily routine that I can do while I work in the home office to help me lose flab and get more fit for overall health and appearance. I know I won't be :massles: but I don't want to because it's just not my thing. But what's MORE not my thing is looking like jobba.

I'll pick up some bands and kettle bells, but for now I want to get established with a daily routine of basics...pushups, crunches, lunges, simple dumbbell work, etc.

I do have the unique opportunity for A LOT of stairs. The stairway to our "treehouse" is 35 steps in total. I make it a point to go up and down them AT MINIMUM 3x per day right now, which isn't that hard. We put the coffee machine up there to force us up in the morning, then I like to take a break and go up there at lunch, then back up around sunset. I'd like to crank that up to 10x eventually, because there's no excuse.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:50 pm Full disclosure: I don't really have the interest to get THAT into fitness. I'm not looking to work out muscle groups or certain routines or whatever. My goal is to develop a daily routine that I can do while I work in the home office to help me lose flab and get more fit for overall health and appearance. I know I won't be :massles: but I don't want to because it's just not my thing. But what's MORE not my thing is looking like jobba.

I'll pick up some bands and kettle bells, but for now I want to get established with a daily routine of basics...pushups, crunches, lunges, simple dumbbell work, etc.

I do have the unique opportunity for A LOT of stairs. The stairway to our "treehouse" is 35 steps in total. I make it a point to go up and down them AT MINIMUM 3x per day right now, which isn't that hard. We put the coffee machine up there to force us up in the morning, then I like to take a break and go up there at lunch, then back up around sunset. I'd like to crank that up to 10x eventually, because there's no excuse.
Stairs are definitely a great thing to add in, particularly when you have longer distances/climbs to cover. That is one thing that is :disappoint: with our ranch-style house.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 pm I've gone from doing a bro split hitting each muscle group once or mayyyybe twice a week to doing full-body workouts 4x per week. The only area I've lost strength is in the horizontal press - I sucked at the bench press anyway - but literally everywhere else I've gotten stronger. I also don't have a bench at home from which to press and so duh, I've gotten worse at that. ymmv, but for me, let's say I was doing a chest day. Maybe I'd start with flat barbell bench and do my warm-up, then have 3 or 4 working sets. The first two would be great, the 3rd ehhhh, then the 4th I'd already starting to noticeably drop off. Now I'm moving on to flys or incline dumbbells or something and I'm already fatigued. Now I'm supposed to do 12 or 15 sets total of 4 or 5 different exercises? By the last exercise my chest is so blown to pieces that I can barely do a pushup by the time I leave the gym.

These days I'll start with say an overhead press variant, then I'll jump right into a vertical pull (pull-ups), then I'll do a posterior chain/hinging exercise, then a horizontal press, let's say push-ups on top of kettlebells with a 1/2" band across my back, then I'll do a squat variation and finish with a core movement. 6 exercises, all done in 5 to 7 minutes depending on the weight chosen and rest periods, then I'll repeat up to 5x. That 5th round of pushups is just about as strong as the first because I've hit a ton of other muscles between sets and thus have taken more time between them. Over the course of a week I do just as much "work" as I did previously, but now it's done over 4 days as opposed to all in one. I'm sure if your goal is a compete in bodybuilding this isn't the way to go, but I've long since given that up and now train purely for performance, and my fitness level pre-covid was the best it's been in years. Anyway, that's my $.02.
Yep, my strategy has been quite similar as well. Aesthetically I am the best I've been probably ever, most of my :massles: seem to have remained somehow, but I've dropped 15 pounds (about 175 now). I did get one chance about a month ago to actually use a squat rack/bench though, and my squatting is majorly down.

:ohwell:

I can now bike 80+ miles in a go which is :neat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Pullups are a LONG ways off...in fact I don't think I've ever been able to do one, not that I've tried much. Not much opportunity for a pullup rig in the house, but open to alternatives.
:like:

Something like this will get you started https://www.amazon.com/Powerlifting-Res ... 7087&psc=1 You just need a bar somewhere.

Do you have room for something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Reality- ... 972&sr=8-5
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:50 pm Full disclosure: I don't really have the interest to get THAT into fitness. I'm not looking to work out muscle groups or certain routines or whatever. My goal is to develop a daily routine that I can do while I work in the home office to help me lose flab and get more fit for overall health and appearance. I know I won't be :massles: but I don't want to because it's just not my thing. But what's MORE not my thing is looking like jobba.

Honestly, get some kind of fitness tracker and set some basic daily step goals.

It all starts there. Plenty of videos on the Youtubes, can do bodyweight stuff, band stuff, or kettlebell/freeweight stuff.

Having a ton of stairs at your disposal is awesome. When I was landscaping this past summer, I was averaging about 25-30k steps a day. The most I ever did was 36-38k IIRC, and I was able to shed any excess weight with the quickness.
I'm not really the tracking type. Instead of being motivated, I get defeated because I let myself down. Deep rooted psychological issues there for sure, but I like to set simpler goal for myself like...hit 100 pushups or do xxx curls or whatever. I do the same biking...ride for 10 miles without issue, then 15, then 25, on the MTB, I identify trails that I want to be able to slay and can FEEL my progress.

It's possible that I haven't found the right app, but I also hate tech soooo that's an issue.

Stairs will be more utilized. I also need to walk more, which is tough when tied to the computer. My weight loss has been solid with epic dietary changes, so it's really about toning/fitness at this point. What can I do to improve that instead of sitting on my ass in front of the computer? I did 3 sets of 10 curls with the dumbbells while participating on a call today. That sort of stuff.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:43 pm

:like:

Something like this will get you started https://www.amazon.com/Powerlifting-Res ... 7087&psc=1 You just need a bar somewhere.

Do you have room for something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Reality- ... 972&sr=8-5
I don't, unfortunately. I'm OK with that because getting this committed with equipment and whatnot isn't what I'm after.

I should be able to find space to hang a bar :doe: and I think that would be worth the effort.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:00 pm
I'm not really the tracking type. Instead of being motivated, I get defeated because I let myself down. Deep rooted psychological issues there for sure, but I like to set simpler goal for myself like...hit 100 pushups or do xxx curls or whatever. I do the same biking...ride for 10 miles without issue, then 15, then 25, on the MTB, I identify trails that I want to be able to slay and can FEEL my progress.

It's possible that I haven't found the right app, but I also hate tech soooo that's an issue.

Stairs will be more utilized. I also need to walk more, which is tough when tied to the computer. My weight loss has been solid with epic dietary changes, so it's really about toning/fitness at this point. What can I do to improve that instead of sitting on my ass in front of the computer? I did 3 sets of 10 curls with the dumbbells while participating on a call today. That sort of stuff.
Standing desk would be a good start.
:rolleyes: :tits: said they're hideous and :nope: on the idea in the house. It's also tough being a giant to have something that you can both sit and stand at. Instead, I'm making it a point to get up and walk or exercise every 20 minutes. Seems to be working, but I do miss my stand up desk.

I was one of the first adopters of standing desks like 12 or so years ago at my first job. I maintained that until my last employer made it nearly impossible with open seating.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:05 pm
:rolleyes: :tits: said they're hideous and :nope: on the idea in the house. It's also tough being a giant to have something that you can both sit and stand at. Instead, I'm making it a point to get up and walk or exercise every 20 minutes. Seems to be working, but I do miss my stand up desk.

I was one of the first adopters of standing desks like 12 or so years ago at my first job. I maintained that until my last employer made it nearly impossible with open seating.
Not sure what the inside of your treehouse looks like, but do you have a window somewhere that you can do a bar-height tabletop? That way you can either use a stool if you truly don't feel like standing, or you just stand. Plus, great natural light for Zoom calls.

Something like this:
Windows up there are EPIC, but I'm really hesitant to block any with a piece of furniture. I've been trying to figure out how to get a workspace up there for a while. It's a small room where we put seating all around, but I think I have an idea seeing that table...need to noodle on this.

One thing to note, I spend maybe 3-4 hours a day in the office. Most of the time I'm going around the house doing random things or working from my phone, which I can do a surprising amount of. I'm only in the office to take calls and do work that requires the second monitor.
SAWCE

The workouts will be great for getting going but, and you already know this, getting un-Jabba will depend more on your food intake. Despite what all the fancy fitness trackers and apps say, you really don’t burn a whole lot of calories exercising. I’ll give you a simple layout for calculating caloric intake and setting up your macros. Do with it as you like. If you want more help as far as selecting foods for those macros, I’m always down to help with that, but don’t want to be too pushy in this post :)

Ive probably posted this in other parts of the forum before, but shit gets lost and buried here.

I generally like to see people start their calories at body weight (BW) * 15. We’ll use a 200lb person for our calculations, so this guy gets 3000 calories a day. Carbs and fats are person dependent, but protein I like to see 1g per pound of body mass, so that’s where we’ll start. 200g of protein is going to be 800 of your calories, so you now have 2200 remaining. As a general rule of thumb, 30% of calories from fat is plenty for men (women usually need a higher percentage) so we’ll use that as our starting point. 30% of 3000 is 900, which breaks down to 100g of fat. We now have 1300 calories for carbs which works out to 325g.

For ease, split all those into 4 meals a day. 50g protein, 25g fat, and 81g carbs each meal.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning completely fasted of food and water, after using the restroom as needed, then do those calculations and run that caloric intake with your exercise routine for a full week. After the week, same thing in the morning hop back on the scale again. If you gained weight while trying to lose, the 15 factor was too high. Drop it to *14, recalculate with your new weight, and see what happens that next week. If you lose less than 2% of your body weight in a week, you can drop that factor too for the following week. If you lose more than 2% of your body weight, keep that same factor but calculate with your new weight for the following week.
SAWCE

If you find that that’s too many carbs or you naturally eat more fat or less fat, you can change that % of fat to 20, 25, 35 or whatever suits your body type and eating habits.

Low carb/Keto isn’t the answer for everyone. Low fat isn’t the answer for everyone. Find what balance of those macros you feel best on and can easily stick to, and run with it.