Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

It occurs to me that I never had any real problems when I was keeping my rides down to 10 flat-ish miles a day. Maybe I can keep doing that instead of quitting entirely. The fantasy of 60+ minute rides will apparently have to remain exactly that.
troyguitar

That wasn't some huge increase out of the blue. It was 57 miles and I did 52 without any real issues a week or so before that.

Of course now I'm feeling issues even after a 15 mile ride... so who fucking knows. My body is just fucking garbage.
Desertbreh

So I got my first flat. There is a crack right where the valve meets the tube. Repair or replace the tube?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:21 pm That wasn't some huge increase out of the blue. It was 57 miles and I did 52 without any real issues a week or so before that.

Of course now I'm feeling issues even after a 15 mile ride... so who fucking knows. My body is just fucking garbage.
Have you considered that you may have any autoimmune afflictions as well?

Clean up your diet a bit for a couple weeks. Eat cleaner, less fat, more fiber, less processed food. See if you start to feel a bit better.

My wife is super sensitive to diet and when she eats poorly, her body responds pretty quickly.
Good advice here.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:45 pm So I got my first flat. There is a crack right where the valve meets the tube. Repair or replace the tube?
Crack on the tube? Replace. Tubes are cheap and super critical.
Ordered.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 pm Crack on the tube? Replace. Tubes are cheap and super critical.
Ordered.
JB Weld bro.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:21 pm That wasn't some huge increase out of the blue. It was 57 miles and I did 52 without any real issues a week or so before that.

Have you considered that you may have any autoimmune afflictions as well?

Clean up your diet a bit for a couple weeks. Eat cleaner, less fat, more fiber, less processed food. See if you start to feel a bit better.

My wife is super sensitive to diet and when she eats poorly, her body responds pretty quickly.
I missed this. (Un?)Fortunately diet has no impact on this stuff for me. I've gone as far as cutting out caffeine and alcohol and everything else "bad" for weeks several times to no effects whatsoever. Most recently in March of this year. I lost a few pounds but that was it. No better sleep, no less tension/pain, no more energy, none of the positive effects I was supposed to see from fixing my supposedly terrible diet.

It's nice to not have to think about that stuff, but at the same time it would have been nice to have an answer.

I -was- finally starting to feel a little bit better in general recently after all of the hours on the bike, but those improvements were overshadowed by not being able to feel my hands. My sleep in particular was getting to be almost regular, like 6 hours a night vs 2-4.
Desertbreh

While the MTB is down I aired up the Hoovnavian this morning. :plaid: I feel like Vette Boy :zing:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 am While the MTB is down I aired up the Hoovnavian this morning. :plaid: I feel like Vette Boy :zing:
:stig:
troyguitar

Ballz. Got one of them fancy "cycling jerseys" to try in :unicorn: colors but of course the smallest size is still too big on me. Dat 35" chest. :jalepenis:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am Ballz. Got one of them fancy "cycling jerseys" to try in :unicorn: colors but of course the smallest size is still too big on me. Dat 35" chest. :jalepenis:
Can always get a women's size jersey. I have one or two.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am Ballz. Got one of them fancy "cycling jerseys" to try in :unicorn: colors but of course the smallest size is still too big on me. Dat 35" chest. :jalepenis:
Can always get a women's size jersey. I have one or two.
I'm thinking small AZN men's sizes or just kid's size. Most of the cheap stuff on Amazon/ebay is only sold down to medium because almost nobody is as small as me, but I can probably find some stuff in small if I dig further. Usually small is shown on the size chart but not actually available for sale, so in theory it exists.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I got a Chinese one in XL and an American Chinese one in L, the latter fits better but both are solid. I would imagine an S or XS would work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Edit, they only have medium and up in the Chinese... :flaccid:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KXB ... prod_image
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:Edit, they only have medium and up in the Chinese... :flaccid:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KXB ... prod_image
That's the one I bought. They show S and XS on the chart but don't actually sell them. :ohwell:

At this rate I'm probably riding shirtless inside until next summer anyway.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Got rained on a lot on my ride this morning... :ramz: brakes really blow in the wet.
troyguitar

Ugh, 20 minutes on the trainer absolutely kicked my ass today after a week or so off. Indoor riding without touching the handlebars seems to have been OK for my neck/shoulders though, so maybe I can keep doing it and get back to where I was.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Anything weird to note about brake lever compatibility? As there are no bikes in existence to buy I am going to do a couple of things to spruce up the Raleigh I think:

I feel like these brake levers would modernize the feel and make things a bit more comfortable: https://www.ebay.com/i/272707434186?chn ... 1&mkcid=28 With new pads/cables hopefully performance will be slightly improved as well, although it's not too bad for what the bike is.

Can I re-use my bar tape after this or would it need to just be replaced again?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This morning's ride was pretty meh, rainy and wet plus I decided to go into the city for some reason which just wasn't all that. :ohwell: got 27 miles in, not great, not terrible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 am Anything weird to note about brake lever compatibility? As there are no bikes in existence to buy I am going to do a couple of things to spruce up the Raleigh I think:

I feel like these brake levers would modernize the feel and make things a bit more comfortable: https://www.ebay.com/i/272707434186?chn ... 1&mkcid=28 With new pads/cables hopefully performance will be slightly improved as well, although it's not too bad for what the bike is.

Can I re-use my bar tape after this or would it need to just be replaced again?
Shouldn't be an issue - you should also be able to reuse the bar tape if it isn't too old.
Gracias. I installed it a couple of months ago when I was refreshing the bike.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:42 pm
D Griff wrote:
Gracias. I installed it a couple of months ago when I was refreshing the bike.
Yeah, should be good. Just unwrap it to where your brake levers are and you should be fine.
:nice:
troyguitar

Bloody hell.

What constitutes "keeping HR down"? I think we operate at roughly the same HR despite you putting out double the power. ~200 max, ~180 threshold

I'm still trying to figure out how to sit on the bike without destroying my neck/shoulders. Nothing feels remotely comfortable no matter how I adjust anything or how much rest I get.
Apex

[user not found] the Cyborg.
Apex

I may be in the market for a new pair of gloves.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: nice rides man :impressive: