Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:55 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:08 am I got in my first road bike crash in a long time yesterday.

We’re at the Outer Banks for a wedding and I’ve been getting honked at/flipped off on the road here all week for no reason other than existing on a bicycle so I decided to stick with bike paths. There was a fun twisty section and I was going a bit too fast, came around a blind curve and an older dude on an e-bike was right in the middle of the somewhat narrow path. We collided and both went down.

I’d say it was mostly my fault for just going too fast for be conditions but him not being on the right didn’t help.

I feel bad as he was probably 65 and I’m in some pain/soreness right now, I’m sure at nearly 2X the age it’s much worse. His front wheel also got a little bent, it can likely be fixed though.
Oh damn. Well I'm glad you and the old dude are both okay, with minimal damage to the bike(s).

Also, :howdareu: ride your bike on a road, you commie bastard. ROADS ARE FOR CARS!!! :angry:
It’s so bad here. At one point I was on a neighborhood road with no one in sight minding my own business on the far right side, a lifted F250 comes from the opposite direction. He crossed over to his far left on the road and forced me into the grass for absolutely no reason. Sometimes the south is so embarrassing to be a part of.

I’m hoping the old dude is feeling ok today :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:43 am

Oh damn. Well I'm glad you and the old dude are both okay, with minimal damage to the bike(s).

Also, :howdareu: ride your bike on a road, you commie bastard. ROADS ARE FOR CARS!!! :angry:
It’s so bad here. At one point I was on a neighborhood road with no one in sight minding my own business on the far right side, a lifted F250 comes from the opposite direction. He crossed over to his far left on the road and forced me into the grass for absolutely no reason. Sometimes the south is so embarrassing to be a part of.

Holy hell. I've heard of stories like this, there are even some videos of people being deliberately sideswiped, but it still seems unreal. That someone in a metal cage would feel the need to threaten someone on a bicycle blows my mind. Boils down to some people just suck and there's nothing you can do about it, I think. But it only takes one incident to be fucked up physically forever, which is the scary part. I try to stick to paths or slower roads if I'm solo, group rides I'm more comfortable out on faster country roads but I'm still skittish.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man I’d be riding with a dashcam on my handlebars and sending that shit to the cops to press charges. What’s a dickbag
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got the shipment notification. :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:37 pm Got the shipment notification. :excited:
:yesth:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:40 am

Man I’d be riding with a dashcam on my handlebars and sending that shit to the cops to press charges. What’s a dickbag
Yep. Most people are cool but occasionally the Dick bad q is real. Some cyclists are really ass holes too which makes the situation worse.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:40 am

Yep. Most people are cool but occasionally the Dick bad q is real. Some cyclists are really ass holes too which makes the situation worse.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:38 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:37 pm Got the shipment notification. :excited:

:ohdang:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:38 pm

What did you buy?
Johnny_P

Dang sorry to hear about the dickbag truck incident and the crash with the old dude Griff
Johnny_P

I think I want a road bike. The bike I had in Italy was a Wilier GTR carbon. It rode nicely despite poor road surfaces, softer than my all city on 32s. And way faster / better power transfer for sure. I don’t necessarily want one of them, steering was twitchy and the bike felt wobbly, creaking press fit BB, etc. but a road bike would be fun.

Johnny_P

I also did a metric century on the trip. 100km and over 4K ft of climbing. Felt good. We stopped a lot for pictures and such. And a mid ride coffee and sandwich in Urbino which was delightful.

Good trip overall. Had fun.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:47 am
coogles wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am

What did you buy?
:hibachi:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:14 am I think I want a road bike. The bike I had in Italy was a Wilier GTR carbon. It rode nicely despite poor road surfaces, softer than my all city on 32s. And way faster / better power transfer for sure. I don’t necessarily want one of them, steering was twitchy and the bike felt wobbly, creaking press fit BB, etc. but a road bike would be fun.
That is some beautiful scenery. What a great place to get out on a bike!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:16 am I also did a metric century on the trip. 100km and over 4K ft of climbing. Felt good. We stopped a lot for pictures and such. And a mid ride coffee and sandwich in Urbino which was delightful.

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like an awesome time!

I’d recommend a road bike. I also want a gravel bike though. Riding on the road is amazing when you’re on amazing roads but it’s become pretty terrible in my city.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Out for delivery. :excited:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

As it turns out, that place in Wisconsin does ship (for free), and they also didn't charge me sales tax (ssshhhh).
Last edited by coogles on Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:16 am I also did a metric century on the trip. 100km and over 4K ft of climbing. Felt good. We stopped a lot for pictures and such. And a mid ride coffee and sandwich in Urbino which was delightful.

you are bastardizing units :triggered:

1200 m of elevation

:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:24 pm Image

As it turns out, that place in Wisconsin does ship (for free), and they also didn't charge me sales tax (ssshhhh).
Had to zoom in to see wtf was up with the seat with how it is aligned with that hinge on the gate :lol:

Looks :nice: for whatever that’s worth from someone who is a :derp: when it comes to bikes.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:16 pmHad to zoom in to see wtf was up with the seat with how it is aligned with that hinge on the gate :lol:

Looks :nice: for whatever that’s worth from someone who is a :derp: when it comes to bikes.
Thanks man! It should be great. I'm stoked to be on a carbon frame now.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:24 pm Image

TCR? Sweeeeet. Interested to hear the difference between it and the metal bike.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:55 pm

you are bastardizing units :triggered:

1200 m of elevation

:impressive:
Yah. Idk why this country insists on not using the metric system. It took me about 30 mins of driving to get over it.
Johnny_P

God damn bikes got expensive. What’s a dece road bike with “endurance” geometry for under $4k? Sram eTap rival preferred.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:27 pm God damn bikes got expensive. What’s a dece road bike with “endurance” geometry for under $4k? Sram eTap rival preferred.
If you're dead set on going electronic shifting, I really prefer Shimano to SRAM, but that's just my $.02.

Here's a mechanical Ultegra/GRX Defy in a M/L (56cm equivalent) for way less than $4k, doe.

https://playtridelafield.com/products/g ... night-2022

They also have a 58cm/Large with 105
https://playtridelafield.com/products/g ... color-2021

I forget how tall you are :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:27 pm God damn bikes got expensive. What’s a dece road bike with “endurance” geometry for under $4k? Sram eTap rival preferred.
Ribble has some dece deals. I’d skip SRAM personally, never used SRAM shifting that was as good as basic Shimano stuff.