Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:43 pm Wow, so a similar ride, almost the identical speed, but a 47% increase in the power estimate by being on the "gravel bike". :notsure:

Gravel bikes are slower, but that seems like way too big of a delta.
Well, on this ride it was a 'cross bike', I tried 'gravel bike' and it also seemed too high. I do think the Ribble power number is too low though.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:38 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:43 pm Wow, so a similar ride, almost the identical speed, but a 47% increase in the power estimate by being on the "gravel bike". :notsure:

Gravel bikes are slower, but that seems like way too big of a delta.
Well, on this ride it was a 'cross bike', I tried 'gravel bike' and it also seemed too high. I do think the Ribble power number is too low though.
For sure, I would definitely think you're doing more than ~170W on the Sprite can, even over 2 hours. If I can do 170W for an hour, I'm sure you're doing that plus some for 2. Time for a power meter. :trollface:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:59 pm Fuck that last sprint. God damn.

:burnout:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:19 pm Oh I bought a helmet.
Smith Persist MIPS. It's comfy, and protects more of my temples and back of my head. Will see how it vents in hotter weather but I'm happy.
:nice:

How old was your last helmet?
Pushing 5 I think. It was time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Is there a timeline for bicycle helmets expiring? I’ve always just replaced if I fell and hit my head.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:31 am Is there a timeline for bicycle helmets expiring? I’ve always just replaced if I fell and hit my head.
:dat:

My road bike helmet is from 2012 and I've barely ever worn the thing. Really had no plans to replace it. :iono:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I need to replace mine too, I think its about 10 years old now. Probably due time for an upgrade too, I am sure it was the most I could afford at the time, but early 20s chops didnt have a whole lot to spend.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Sweat and UV exposure can degrade their effectiveness over time. The general rule I’ve gone by is 3 years give or take.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Second 45 minute PR in as many weeks. :notbad: It's starting to feel like it's time to take another FTP test. My goal is a 250W test by spring; that'd be a big jump but it's the threshold I'm looking for before I jump into my first crit.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:So...

Felt frame still hasn't landed in Oregon. Currently in a FedEx sorting facility (I guess) in Othello, WA.

No updates since the 16th.

:iono:
:wtf:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:31 am
coogles wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:09 am
:wtf:
Oh! It finally arrived at Ruckus yesterday. :lol:

Fucking FedEx. :disgust:
Oh good! Glad it didn't disappear into the ether. :like:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:33 amMan, that’s a very clean set of intervals.

250w+ FTP is only half the battle, being able to recover from cat 5 crit surges is the other. Workouts like that are gonna help, big time.

I love intervals like that second one, with some Zone 5/6 efforts followed by a slow burn recovery in Zone 3. That's exactly the kind of thing you have to be able to do during a race.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: :massles: , Coogs!

I got in a couple of rides this week, headed out to my SIL's house Sunday and rode back with my wife, about 67 miles. Yesterday I did about 40 before work, which was :notbad: That may be my last ride for the year as we're traveling, but I may try to get in a city bike ride or something while we're in St. Petersburg :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm :nice: :massles: , Coogs!

I got in a couple of rides this week, headed out to my SIL's house Sunday and rode back with my wife, about 67 miles. Yesterday I did about 40 before work, which was :notbad: That may be my last ride for the year as we're traveling, but I may try to get in a city bike ride or something while we're in St. Petersburg :lolol:
Thanks dude. I saw that ride on Strava, looked like a good time!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Someone's been busy! :impressive:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1103234 ... tory_share

:megusta:
Deets:

-Frame: 2019-2020 Allez Sprint Disc E5, 56cm
-Wheelset: Roval CL50, carbon, tubeless ready.
-Favero Assioma dual sided PM pedals (Look/Assioma cleat compatible).
-Ultegra R8000 mechanical 11s shift, hydro brake gruppo. 170mm crank, 53/39, 11-30 gearing.
-KMC X11SL gold chain
-S-Works Power saddle
-S-Works carbon seatpost
-Easton EC90SL 110mm stem
-40cm alloy bars
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well fuck... looks like I'm going to need a new mountain bike.

I have no idea how this happened. I went out about four weeks ago and the ride was cut slightly short by a broken chain. I've been busy and haven't really looked at the bike. I just got it out to fix the chain and found this... no fucking idea what happened here, I didn't even crash the thing.

I'm on hold with Jenson USA where I bought it to see if there's any hope of warranty claim on the frame, otherwise, I guess it will be NBD soon. I don't even know where to start with mountain bikes to be honest.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Holy hell. Whorbea fail.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Didn't James's Whorbea frame crack as well? @Coogs, you may have dodged a bullet :lolol:

Filed a warranty claim but it seems like it will take months if anything happens, I think I'm just going to buy a bike. I don't have the patience to wait until May to ride.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:44 pm Didn't James's Whorbea frame crack as well? @Coogs, you may have dodged a bullet :lolol:

Filed a warranty claim but it seems like it will take months if anything happens, I think I'm just going to buy a bike. I don't have the patience to wait until May to ride.
:lol: my left shoulder still isn't 100% after slamming it into a tree while riding that bike. :notsure: how lucky I was, but glad you weren't riding it when that happened!

Good luck finding something in stock before May, doe. If I were you I'd try to find something similar with a bit more of a trail-focused geometry. The Giant Fathom 29 and 2022 Trek Roscoe come to mind, unless you're gonna get :fancy: and go full squish.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:44 pm Didn't James's Whorbea frame crack as well? @Coogs, you may have dodged a bullet :lolol:

:lol: my left shoulder still isn't 100% after slamming it into a tree while riding that bike. :notsure: how lucky I was, but glad you weren't riding it when that happened!

Good luck finding something in stock before May, doe. If I were you I'd try to find something similar with a bit more of a trail-focused geometry. The Giant Fathom 29 and 2022 Trek Roscoe come to mind, unless you're gonna get :fancy: and go full squish.
I've really never ridden full squish :iono:

I feel like it isn't necessary around here, but most seem to opt for it, so I may just not know what I'm missing.

I was actually eyeing both of those bikes in a quick cursory search on local CL:
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/d/ ... 79409.html
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/d/ ... 79823.html
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This noob with the drivetrain side in...

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This noob with the drivetrain side in...