Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:22 pm Assuming this bike doesn't also turn out to be a total POS, I'm going to grab it on Saturday:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... /p/549538/

Flat black paint is kind of annoying but whatever. Also dunno whether it's got the longer cage rear derailleur but again :whocares:
Do trek do their women’s bikes like Giant/Liv do, where they have noticeable geometry differences, or are they still doing the “small men’s frame with women specific saddles, cranks and bars” thing?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got the second ride out on the trainer today. Shifted the saddle a bit further forward to take the pressure off the arm a little, and only really started getting uncomfortable nearing the half hour mark. Heart rate is pegged in the 150-160 range and putting down a whopping 138W.

I’ve lost a good 50W or so since my riding basically stopped with Covid in March of last year. Up until I had to lay everyone off at the end of March I was getting into a good rhythm with 4-5 days a week on the trainer for an hour, in anticipation of hitting the trails hard.
Then I had to work 11 hour shifts 6 days a week and lost all motivation.

I’ve lost a lot, but I’m looking forward to just spinning again. I figure after a few weeks to freshen up the legs I’ll take a look at zwift’s training plans and start heading down that road to get some power back.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Solid plan fled! It’s going to be great to get back out on the bikes this year.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

fledonfoot wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:22 pm Assuming this bike doesn't also turn out to be a total POS, I'm going to grab it on Saturday:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... /p/549538/

Flat black paint is kind of annoying but whatever. Also dunno whether it's got the longer cage rear derailleur but again :whocares:
Do trek do their women’s bikes like Giant/Liv do, where they have noticeable geometry differences, or are they still doing the “small men’s frame with women specific saddles, cranks and bars” thing?
Frames are the same geometry but with usually more interesting paint jobs, then yeah paired with shorter cranks, narrower bars, and whatever the hell a women's saddle is... Usually a 52-54cm women's bike fits me better than a men's one, I use 165mm cranks and 36cm bars now with a 127mm wide saddle.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:165mm cranks? :jalepenis:

I've actually been thinkin' about 172.5 cranks lately. Curious to see if it'd make a difference.
I couldn't actually tell any difference between 165 and 170, but I'm no expert anyway. The Domane probably comes with 170 (I can't find specs for the WSD models) so I guess I'm going back to that. :ohwell:

The cranks are the crappiest thing on that bike, heavy non-series shimano on a heavy square taper BB.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I just got 172.5mm ones. I dont think ive actually used anything shorter? I dont hit a ton of himms and climb though, so probably wouldnt notice a difference rithrr way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:35 am 165mm cranks? :jalepenis:

I've actually been thinkin' about 172.5 cranks lately. Curious to see if it'd make a difference.
What do you have now, 175 mm? I dunno, seems like the difference would be largely unnoticeable. A lot of people on the web seem to make quite a bit of fuss over 2.5 mm. I have 172.5 on the Ribble, it's :thisisfine:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

XT 12 speed drivetrain out for delivery, and the hub conversion parts just arrived. The Deore 12 speed cranks will be here Monday.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:25 am XT 12 speed drivetrain out for delivery, and the hub conversion parts just arrived. The Deore 12 speed cranks will be here Monday.
:megusta:
troyguitar

Mission Accomplished

troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:01 pm Mission Accomplished

How's she feel, Clark?
I only did a couple of laps around the parking lot but it feels pretty awesome, it's like brand new. The stock wheels/tires are heavy/slow but everything else is great, and I have replacements for those anyway. Super cool bike for a fraction of the price of the :fancy: one. Will probably go ahead and sell the carbon beast.
troyguitar

Hell, looking closer at this thing I think it'll fit 32mm slicks just fine. The stock tires measure 29.x mm wide and at the absolute tightest point (the front fork) I have 5mm clearance on each side. Maybe I should return these 25mm tires and at least get 28s...

The rear looks like it could fit a 35.Image
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

And they shipped me a fucking off brand “sunshine” cassette instead of the MicroSpline Shimano one.

:rage:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:06 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:59 pm And they shipped me a fucking off brand “sunshine” cassette instead of the MicroSpline Shimano one.

:rage:
:lolol:

I don’t envy your position but that’s funny right there.
:dat:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:I dropped the CAAD off at the new Bike Works location in Newtown - went to pull the crank last night and it was completely fucked. The sleeve in the non-drive side bearing was seized on the crank tube, and when I pulled it, it pulled out the drive side bearing with it. I’m totally done with press-fit converted Praxis cranks.

Needless to say, the old girl's getting converted back to BB30 with a takeoff Shimano crank, because I had far less problems with that setup before.

Also having them do new bar tape and cables while they've got it, because I just don't feel like doing it this time.
What would cause this? improper grease? Ive got wheels mfg bb86 to hollowtech for my press fit frame which are the same general press-fit-but-actually-threaded design. It has had great reviews from what Ive seen.
troyguitar

Holy crap this thing is awesome with the good wheels+tarz (used Stan's 340 w/ 25mm GP5000TL). Dropped 3 lbs and feels waaaay quicker. Still needs some dialing in but I'm sold. Weighs 19 lbs as it sits, shifts/brakes perfectly, no complaints at all.

I think there's even room at the chainstay to go 1x with a 50T crankset without any goofy spacers or anything, but would need to measure to be sure. Image
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:If I can fit 28s on my circa 2012 CAAD, you can definitely fit 28s on that.

Looks good dude.
:word:

28 is what came on it, I'm thinking it might even fit 32 :doe:

Gonna run the 25s for awhile anyway since I already bought them and I want to experience a "real" road setup. Leaves a lot of room for fenders too. They feel awesome based on the first 5 minutes. 5/7 initial impression.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 pm
[user not found] wrote:If I can fit 28s on my circa 2012 CAAD, you can definitely fit 28s on that.

Looks good dude.
:word:

28 is what came on it, I'm thinking it might even fit 32 :doe:

Gonna run the 25s for awhile anyway since I already bought them and I want to experience a "real" road setup. Leaves a lot of room for fenders too. They feel awesome based on the first 5 minutes. 5/7 initial impression.
:notbad: really nice bike acquisition dude. Can’t beat the :scrooge: factor
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How are the :rams: brakes?
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:How are the :rams: brakes?
At least in the dry here they feel the same as my discs, maybe a little bit more powerful actually... The used :ramz: need to be trued though which does make for a bit of a pulsing sensation under braking. I'll probably take it to a shop in FL for that vs randomly fucking with the spoke tension.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thats a good looking bike :mahtroy: glad you enjoy.

On a different note, nowadays I feel like biking is more fun than cars when it comes to driving/riding whatever floats its boat.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

Fun times. My new Shimano M540 pedals that I had put on the SuperX a week or two ago (with clean threads and liberal use of grease) and used twice are somehow fucking welded to the cranks. A 2 foot breaker bar got the left side to snap loose, but the right side is permanently stuck there. The breaker bar, the 1/2" drive impact I use on car shit, and even a bloody propane torch wouldn't free it up - and now the 8mm hex in the pedal axle is completely rounded after ruining 3 brand new 8mm bits.

...so I can't put SPD pedals on the new bike and I can't sell the old bike for the foreseeable future. I'll have to take the fucking crank off and I guess grind a pair of flats into the pedal axle to stick it in a bench vice or something. I guess I could buy a whole new damn crank, assuming the part is even available at this point. (edit: I just checked, 165mm hollowgram crank arms or crank sets are not in stock anywhere on earth presently)

It's always something. And yes, I know that one pedal is left hand thread. These were put on just recently by hand with a little allen wrench, I have no bloody clue how both sides ended up insanely tight.
troyguitar

:disgust:Image
troyguitar

I mean I'll fix it eventually but not this month... and the brand new $100 pedals are trashed. I've done pedals on several bikes now without any such issues, dunno what could possibly be wrong.

Luckily the demand for a superx isn't going to decrease soon, if anything cross racing might become a thing this year and get people shopping in the summer.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:50 am Thats a good looking bike :mahtroy: glad you enjoy.

On a different note, nowadays I feel like biking is more fun than cars when it comes to driving/riding whatever floats its boat.
A lot harder to go to jail on a bike.
:dat: basically with nearly every current sports car on the market, it's really not that hard to reach speeds where it can get you a jail sentence or hefty fines, especially in my nazi-law'd state like mine.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.