Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:07 pm I mean no reason a fancy squish squish can’t do dad duty?

I’m with you though. Indiana is also pretty flat, I imagine the trails are kinda just ok?
Eh a full squish could pull dad duty I guess but it seems silly.

The trails closest to me are pretty garbage. You really don't want a full squish on them if you want to have any fun. The best trails in the immediate Indianapolis area are at Southwestway Park, which is about 40mins from me. They have a couple nice flow lines, but there's an hour and 20 mins on top of the riding just to get there and back.

The southern ~40% of Indiana is actually pretty hilly. There are some fantastic trails at Brown County State Park and Griffin Bike Park in Terre Haute is amazing, but both are about an hour and a half away. Doing either requires a day of PTO and really making a full day of it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:07 pm I mean no reason a fancy squish squish can’t do dad duty?

I’m with you though. Indiana is also pretty flat, I imagine the trails are kinda just ok?
Eh a full squish could pull dad duty I guess but it seems silly.

The trails closest to me are pretty garbage. You really don't want a full squish on them if you want to have any fun. The best trails in the immediate Indianapolis area are at Southwestway Park, which is about 40mins from me. They have a couple nice flow lines, but there's an hour and 20 mins on top of the riding just to get there and back.

The southern ~40% of Indiana is actually pretty hilly. There are some fantastic trails at Brown County State Park and Griffin Bike Park in Terre Haute is amazing, but both are about an hour and a half away. Doing either requires a day of PTO and really making a full day of it.
I’m not surprised there are some south of you that are great. I drove from Indianapolis to Louisville last time I was up recently, and there are definitely some nice flowing hills as you get closer to Kentucky. I imagine Kentucky has some nice trails as well.

I need to get off my ass and do some bike races and trips this year, we are still trying on the kid thing and that may come in the future soon so may as well enjoy the freedom while I have it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:06 pm I’m not surprised there are some south of you that are great. I drove from Indianapolis to Louisville last time I was up recently, and there are definitely some nice flowing hills as you get closer to Kentucky. I imagine Kentucky has some nice trails as well.

I need to get off my ass and do some bike races and trips this year, we are still trying on the kid thing and that may come in the future soon so may as well enjoy the freedom while I have it.
Those trails are just close enough to make me think I'd be able to get out to them, but far enough away that I almost never would. :disappoint:

You and me both! This should be the year I finally do the Mass Ave Crit and the Hilly Hundred.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I actually went for a road ride last week. It was nice out so I went local to some good roads and such I used to love riding on. I’d like to say it felt great but I had no power and could hardly do the hills. I have lots of catching up to do if I even want to hang on the casual shop rides.

Hopefully I can get out once a week and use the spin bike in the meantime to get my fitness back up.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:15 pm I actually went for a road ride last week. It was nice out so I went local to some good roads and such I used to love riding on. I’d like to say it felt great but I had no power and could hardly do the hills. I have lots of catching up to do if I even want to hang on the casual shop rides.

Hopefully I can get out once a week and use the spin bike in the meantime to get my fitness back up.
At least you're out there. I found by body snapped back to being a least decently fit fairly quickly with about 3hrs/week on the bike. It's not a ton, but it's enough for some meaningful improvement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Got out for the Monday night group ride tonight. Pretty good time, felt a bit slow in the A Group.