Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:35 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:08 am Yea dude rash sucks ass. keep that ointment on them and the scaring should be minimal; you DONT want these scabbing over too soon. there is a special bandage you can get that is moist and will help keep that moisture in but allow it to breathe, but at least use a non stick. I asked the wife what its called will advise; i forgot casue i was on lots of pain killers.
Let me know when you find out. For now they're open and I've just been keeping them clean and adding ointment.
Telfa Non Adherent Dressing Pads. Any pharmacy should have, but might have to ask for location as its not with the regular bandages IIRC

edit: any Petroleum gauze will do same thats just a brand name.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Hung on with an A ride for about 20 miles or whatever last night. They took a longer route than I had anticipated so I cut it short and hopped off the pain train at their halfway point.

Been a while since I’ve gone that fast. My bike is such an anchor but I don’t think having a “faster” bike would have made too much difference although I was topping out on gearing early (46 x 11 high gear on my bike) It’s all down to the engine. Gotta ride more.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:27 pm Hung on with an A ride for about 20 miles or whatever last night. They took a longer route than I had anticipated so I cut it short and hopped off the pain train at their halfway point.

Been a while since I’ve gone that fast. My bike is such an anchor but I don’t think having a “faster” bike would have made too much difference although I was topping out on gearing early (46 x 11 high gear on my bike) It’s all down to the engine. Gotta ride more.
An A ride? :yikes:

I've never done one, but I'm pretty beat after 30 miles riding with the old folks averaging 18mph. An endurance athlete I am not.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:27 pm Hung on with an A ride for about 20 miles or whatever last night. They took a longer route than I had anticipated so I cut it short and hopped off the pain train at their halfway point.

An A ride? :yikes:

I've never done one, but I'm pretty beat after 30 miles riding with the old folks averaging 18mph. An endurance athlete I am not.
It was a little more than I could chew. I think they list it as a B ride but according to the regulars “…eh, it’s been getting pretty fast”
🫠
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I enjoy going out on A group rides and hanging on for dear life as long as I can, then just enjoying the solo miles or riding with the other dejected failures afterward.

I rented a bike in Indy yesterday - got some miles in this AM and more importantly went out and rode with Coogs last night and had some BBQ. 'twas a good time.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:39 am I enjoy going out on A group rides and hanging on for dear life as long as I can, then just enjoying the solo miles or riding with the other dejected failures afterward.

I rented a bike in Indy yesterday - got some miles in this AM and more importantly went out and rode with Coogs last night and had some BBQ. 'twas a good time.
:mahman:

Also, I think I'm still full from said BBQ. Only thing I could eat this morning was a protein shake after my lift. :lol:

Creepin' on your Strava - looks like a great ride. Brave riding the towpath on 23s!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:16 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:39 am I enjoy going out on A group rides and hanging on for dear life as long as I can, then just enjoying the solo miles or riding with the other dejected failures afterward.

:mahman:

Also, I think I'm still full from said BBQ. Only thing I could eat this morning was a protein shake after my lift. :lol:

Creepin' on your Strava - looks like a great ride. Brave riding the towpath on 23s!
Some of it was on road but the gravel is quite tame actually, I didn't have any problems. It was a nice ride, pretty solid cycling infrastructure in Indy!
Johnny_P

Emonda SL7 looks hella sick. That'lll be the target bike if I ever get a god damn house.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bike ... grey_black

Threaded BB, Force eTap, carbon wheels and bars, and a power meter. That seems like a decent price for all of that. All it needs are better tires.

Man, drop the hammer on the All City and you can really feel the vibrations in the chain stays. I remember my Cervelo R3 feeling like a damn rocket on the off chance I took it for a ride. That bike was too harsh for the roads around me, but from what I'm reading, the carbon Emonda's should fare much better. Especially with carbon tubeless wheels.
Johnny_P

Although after my Italy trip, a part of me does want to get an Italian bike with Campy Record on it. Like a Bianchi, Wilier, or something.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:04 pm Although after my Italy trip, a part of me does want to get an Italian bike with Campy Record on it. Like a Bianchi, Wilier, or something.
I had a bianchi mtb full suspension bike when I was a kid (may have posted on the vehicular thread), they're a hit or miss. Mine started falling apart after second year
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is a sweet ass machine to be sure. Campy > SRAM :doe:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 am That is a sweet ass machine to be sure. Campy > SRAM :doe:
Badge and bling factor at least. Dunno if it actually works better, never tried campy stuff.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 am That is a sweet ass machine to be sure. Campy > SRAM :doe:
Badge and bling factor at least. Dunno if it actually works better, never tried campy stuff.
Climbing the Pyrenees with anything less is uncivilized.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SRAM is trash :doe:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:25 pm SRAM is trash :doe:
Their front derailleurs certainly used to be.
And their mechanical shifters are less refined / they bang into gear. I prefer the action of shimano road. But I like their concept of electronic shifting being wireless.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I had GX Eagle on my Trance and it was just fine. But I tried Force AXS back to back with Ultegra Di2 and the Shimano stuff was WAY smoother.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I have a lot of miles logged on my buddy's gravel build with SRAM 1x setup and it's kinda meh, I really don't like the action of the same shifter movement going up and down. SRAM was also on a bunch of MTBs I test road when I got the Spark and it just seemed to always be clunkier than its Shimano counterparts. I'm sure their higher end stuff is :nice: :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Maaaaaaaan. I do not need a MTB, but so many wants.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3678887/
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:16 pm Maaaaaaaan. I do not need a MTB, but so many wants.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3678887/
:doit:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:56 pm :doit:
SRAM, :doe:. :doomed:
Johnny_P

I almost died 3x today on my road bike ride. Fun times.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:33 pm I almost died 3x today on my road bike ride. Fun times.
:yikes:

Sorry man. Deets? It can be crazy out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:33 pm I almost died 3x today on my road bike ride. Fun times.
Dude road riding is so sus and yet I can’t quit it.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:01 pm
:yikes:

Sorry man. Deets? It can be crazy out there.
In bike lane. Cruising at 20+. Blinky light on. Lady speeds past me and turns immediately in front of me. I damn near t boned the car, no idea how I came to a stop. I braked so hard I almost fell over when I stopped, couldn’t get a foot down.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:36 pm
Dude road riding is so sus and yet I can’t quit it.
This is why I was so big into gravel / dirt riding for 3 years. I like road rides too but they’re dangerous Af solo.